• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I've got a complaint

But QT tea is good! Way better than Lipton. They also have really good styrofoam cups that keep the ice frozen most of the day even when it's 110° out.

That's a bonus for sure. Still disappoints me that McD went away from the styrofoam and now uses those thin plastic cups.

That's a bonus for sure. Still disappoints me that McD went away from the styrofoam and now uses those thin plastic cups.

When it can easily get to 110° out here even a quick stop at the grocery store or the bank can melt all the ice in your cup if you leave it in the car. I've picked up an iced tea in one of these styrofoam cups at 9am, drove across town, attended a board meeting until 1:30 and when I got back to the car the drink was still cold. It's probably got some chemical in it that causes explosive cancer but the stuff works!

I've got the Keurig at home for coffee and it gets used pretty much daily. I've also got tea at home and could certainly make my own but, for some reason or other, this stop has become habit. The crushed ice is just right, the styrofoam cup keeps everything icy cold all day long, they have plenty of pumps so I never have to wait for gas...it's just convenient, like a "convenience store" should be. Heck, if there's a line they always call another cashier up to ring people through. If it wasn't for Barista Bob the place would be perfect!

I used to use a Keurig, then I tried an Aeropress after a recommendation from someone on DP, and just....can't go back.... Quick, easy, tastes a lot better. My wife still uses the Keurig when I don't get around to her coffee fast enough, but I've not for about a year now.

Last edited:
Bourbon works better than Irish Cream. It also makes your clients easier to deal with during the day.
I think Jameson's works better. But that's just me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I just take my coffee plain and black. I’m not sure if it is because I prefer the taste that way or I am just too lazy to put all the other crap in it.

Me too. Black, no sugar. Anything else reeks of precious snowflake hood.

Bourbon works better than Irish Cream. It also makes your clients easier to deal with during the day.

Never. Good bourbon is meant to be drank by itself. Even putting ice in it is a crime worthy of a good horsewhipping.

Never. Good bourbon is meant to be drank by itself. Even putting ice in it is a crime worthy of a good horsewhipping.

Regarding good bourbon I totally agree. But if you've got a bottle of Jack or Jim then who cares?

What is annoying is people who stand in line at a C-store or fast foods restaurant and when their turn comes up they say "uh..." having given no thought to what they are going to order or buy. And don't get me started on people buying lottery tickets!

I think Jameson's works better. But that's just me.

Tullamore Dew is smoother than Jameson.

Ice tea is a piece of cake to make, you just have to do it every night. Get one of those Yetti style cups and old large ice cubes tray and it will stay cold all day even if left in a hot car. Put a pencil to how much you would save per year if you made your own ice tea - plus it'd probably taste better.

Regarding good bourbon I totally agree. But if you've got a bottle of Jack or Jim then who cares?

I should be offended because Jack Daniels is a home state product that we're proud of in Tennessee, but....you're right. :3oops:

I agree they have really good tea - that's where I stop when traveling - but their "sweet" tea is disgustingly sweet as is, and I like sweet tea, with lemon of course. If it's cut half and half, it's good, better for me is about 2/3 unsweet to 1/3 sweet.

What I don't understand is how many restaurants can't get tea right. It's so simple - Lipton/Luzianne Ice tea bags, put in hot water, steep, remove bags. Or run it through a machine. How is it half the time outside McD what you get is stale or old or bitter? What does it cost - maybe $1 per big container of tea?

I know, but like you said you can cut it to half and half. Mickey D's, hands down has the best sweet tea, consistently, nationwide. With any fountain beverage costing only $1 at most MD's it's a great deal as well, IMO.

I should be offended because Jack Daniels is a home state product that we're proud of in Tennessee, but....you're right. :3oops:

I just drove by the factory last month on my way from Nashville to Lexington :)

Ice tea is a piece of cake to make, you just have to do it every night. Get one of those Yetti style cups and old large ice cubes tray and it will stay cold all day even if left in a hot car. Put a pencil to how much you would save per year if you made your own ice tea - plus it'd probably taste better.

Or - you could go through a McDonald's drive through and get a large, 32oz iced tea for $1 that's very tasty!

I just drove by the factory last month on my way from Nashville to Lexington :)

It's a fun tour, actually. Pretty fascinating how they make it and even more the process of barreling it in charred casks then storing it. The difference in quality from normal to premium is all about where they store the casks. As I recall, the best stuff is up high, exposed to weather, where the temp changes are greatest - something about the temperature changes force whiskey in an out of the charred part of the casks.

It's a fun tour, actually. Pretty fascinating how they make it and even more the process of barreling it in charred casks then storing it. The difference in quality from normal to premium is all about where they store the casks. As I recall, the best stuff is up high, exposed to weather, where the temp changes are greatest - something about the temperature changes force whiskey in an out of the charred part of the casks.

I'll have to build in an extra day into my next trip so I can take the tour!

Tullamore Dew is smoother than Jameson.
I'll have to try it. Not a big whiskey drinker but an occasional Irish coffee with Jameson's is quite the treat.

I'll have to build in an extra day into my next trip so I can take the tour!

We did it last minute as a day trip from Nashville. Did the tour, lunch, then walked around a little shopping area nearby that sold crafts and Jack Daniels stuff of course, most of a day.

Anyway, if you just wanted to do the tour, you could probably do it in two hours on a non-busy day. We waited for a while before it started - they appear to take off when they get enough people, so that's variable but there are a few things to see as you're waiting, and then maybe a little over an hour for the brewery tour itself. Then there's a store at the end of course...

If you missed the shopping, you've not missed much unless you just have your heart set on a nice chair made from an old Jack Daniels oak cask or something, or are a pool player and have to have a Jack inspired cue. ;)

We did it last minute as a day trip from Nashville. Did the tour, lunch, then walked around a little shopping area nearby that sold crafts and Jack Daniels stuff of course, most of a day.

Anyway, if you just wanted to do the tour, you could probably do it in two hours on a non-busy day. We waited for a while before it started - they appear to take off when they get enough people, so that's variable but there are a few things to see as you're waiting, and then maybe a little over an hour for the brewery tour itself. Then there's a store at the end of course...

If you missed the shopping, you've not missed much unless you just have your heart set on a nice chair made from an old Jack Daniels oak cask or something, or are a pool player and have to have a Jack inspired cue. ;)

Oh, I've been to many a Cracker Barrell, my friend. I've seen my share of rustic patio furniture :)

I've got the Keurig at home for coffee and it gets used pretty much daily. I've also got tea at home and could certainly make my own but, for some reason or other, this stop has become habit. The crushed ice is just right, the styrofoam cup keeps everything icy cold all day long, they have plenty of pumps so I never have to wait for gas...it's just convenient, like a "convenience store" should be. Heck, if there's a line they always call another cashier up to ring people through. If it wasn't for Barista Bob the place would be perfect!

We have Sheetz in our area; they are like Walmart; all’s well until you want to pay and leave, cannot find a cashier to save your a**!

I was going to let this slide but it seems to be a problem that just keeps getting worse now that we're getting into a time of year with cooler temps. It's about convenience store coffee and other hot drinks. See, my "go to" stop in the morning is a QT store. For those that don't have a QT the place has kind of a buffet for drinks. There are at least half a dozen machines pumping out various coffee styles and hot chocolates. There are at least 10 varieties of iced tea to choose from and I won't even get into the options for fountain sodas, ice drinks and other stuff. I mean, there's more than 20' of wall space on each side of the store dedicated to beverage options!

For most of the year all these options aren't a problem but now that more people seem to be drinking hot drinks I'm seeing a trend. I'm seeing more and more people come in and spend what seems like 15 minutes "fixing" their coffee or hot chocolate. They'll pump in a full shot of Hazelnut flavor, half a shot of Vanilla, two shots of Caramel, add 2oz of Cappuccino, add another half a pump of Pumpkin, draw out a little Espresso, throw in 1 sugar, 2 sweet and Low and top the whole thing with Mocha Frappe something or other.

Then they'll taste it.

Then they'll toss it all out and start over.

Meanwhile, all I want is my damned iced tea and I can't get to it because Barista Bob needs the whole ****ing counter to play Coffee Alchemist! He's running back and forth so much I can't even get down the aisle!

"Coffee Alchemist" Classic!

At StarBucks and such places, they have to dictate their Coffee Alchemy to the Coffee Alchemist.

Me? I'm in and out with just a large coffee dark roast, black (basically only a fill from the urn). I laugh at the 'Coffee Alchemists', and I love the term.

When I first started drinking coffee I drank it like a milkshake. However, after a few weeks on graveyard shift I just stopped caring. From that point on it was black, no sugar. As long as it's hot I just don't need all that other stuff.

Same here.

I was going to let this slide but it seems to be a problem that just keeps getting worse now that we're getting into a time of year with cooler temps. It's about convenience store coffee and other hot drinks. See, my "go to" stop in the morning is a QT store. For those that don't have a QT the place has kind of a buffet for drinks. There are at least half a dozen machines pumping out various coffee styles and hot chocolates. There are at least 10 varieties of iced tea to choose from and I won't even get into the options for fountain sodas, ice drinks and other stuff. I mean, there's more than 20' of wall space on each side of the store dedicated to beverage options!

For most of the year all these options aren't a problem but now that more people seem to be drinking hot drinks I'm seeing a trend. I'm seeing more and more people come in and spend what seems like 15 minutes "fixing" their coffee or hot chocolate. They'll pump in a full shot of Hazelnut flavor, half a shot of Vanilla, two shots of Caramel, add 2oz of Cappuccino, add another half a pump of Pumpkin, draw out a little Espresso, throw in 1 sugar, 2 sweet and Low and top the whole thing with Mocha Frappe something or other.

Then they'll taste it.

Then they'll toss it all out and start over.

Meanwhile, all I want is my damned iced tea and I can't get to it because Barista Bob needs the whole ****ing counter to play Coffee Alchemist! He's running back and forth so much I can't even get down the aisle!

I drink my coffee black. I always thought if you want to add all that other junk, you really don't want a cup of coffee.

I never fooled with coffee much until the Army; @ about 11:30 all the seasoned senior NCO’s collected in the mess hall to drink coffee and complain about the younger recruits and the state of the world......

Back
Top Bottom