• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It seems that HRC isn't the only one that thought using a personal email account to send government business information was okay. Ivanka was just outed for doing the same thing. Overwhelming hypocrisy. When do we start chanting 'lock her up! lock her up!'?

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

https://wapo.st/2qWuTcu?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.1a0ead5dc85c

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump’s repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit. That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.

The discovery alarmed some advisers to President Trump, who feared that his daughter’s practices bore similarities to the personal email use of Hillary Clinton, an issue he made a focus of his 2016 campaign. Trump attacked his Democratic challenger as untrustworthy and dubbed her “Crooked Hillary” for using a personal email account as secretary of state.

Some aides were startled by the volume of Ivanka Trump’s personal emails — and taken aback by her response when questioned about the practice. Trump said she was not familiar with some details of the rules, according to people with knowledge of her reaction.

The White House referred requests for comment to Ivanka Trump’s attorney and ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell.

In a statement, Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Lowell, acknowledged that the president’s daughter occasionally used her private email before she was briefed on the rules, but he said none of her messages contained classified information.

Lock her up!!!!!

Phew. Good thing she didn't have an entire server.

It seems that HRC isn't the only one that thought using a personal email account to send government business information was okay. Ivanka was just outed for doing the same thing. Overwhelming hypocrisy. When do we start chanting 'lock her up! lock her up!'?

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump’s repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit. That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.

The discovery alarmed some advisers to President Trump, who feared that his daughter’s practices bore similarities to the personal email use of Hillary Clinton, an issue he made a focus of his 2016 campaign. Trump attacked his Democratic challenger as untrustworthy and dubbed her “Crooked Hillary” for using a personal email account as secretary of state.

Some aides were startled by the volume of Ivanka Trump’s personal emails — and taken aback by her response when questioned about the practice. Trump said she was not familiar with some details of the rules, according to people with knowledge of her reaction.

The White House referred requests for comment to Ivanka Trump’s attorney and ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell.

In a statement, Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Lowell, acknowledged that the president’s daughter occasionally used her private email before she was briefed on the rules, but he said none of her messages contained classified information.

I think the bolded part would indicate that it was not the same as HRC. It was the fact that HRC had classified information on an unsecured server that was the issue. Even if Ivanka did have classified information apparently no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case to court so it is no big deal.

[/B]
I think the bolded part would indicate that it was not the same as HRC. It was the fact that HRC had classified information on an unsecured server that was the issue. Even if Ivanka did have classified information apparently no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case to court so it is no big deal.

Sure, okay, 'no big deal'. We'll see

Agreed this practice needs to be stopped. Its a security risk and its shady

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And that makes her just as if not more stupid than Hillary Clinton. How is this news?

So it's not a matter of conducting government business over unsecured lines anymore?

Weird.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Sure, okay, 'no big deal'. We'll see

What is there to see? If they didn't enforce the law on HRC, then why would they on Ivanka? They might as well get rid of the law if they don't ever plan to uphold it.

Edit: This is if Ivanka had classified information, as it stands she hasn't broken the law.

Agreed this practice needs to be stopped. Its a security risk and its shady

Control of Congress and the Presidency, could not make it illegal. More interested in killing ACA and passing tax cuts for the rich.
Tell me where Trumps/Republican interests are?

So it's not a matter of conducting government business over unsecured lines anymore?

Weird.

More of a matter of not having official government records in the hands of the government to honor any FOIA requests.

Weird.

Tongue-in-cheek comment.

I don't care who you are -- if you have top secret information and it's not protected (whether it's sitting on your passenger seat while you run into a store or sent over/stored an unprotected server or private email) you should go to jail no matter your intent. That's serious business. Well, it used to be anyway.

Control of Congress and the Presidency, could not make it illegal. More interested in killing ACA and passing tax cuts for the rich.
Tell me where Trumps/Republican interests are?
I dont know what youre eluding too. My position is clear. Nobody should be excused from conducting publ8c stuff privately. It all neeeeeds to be archived

More of a matter of not having official government records in the hands of the government to honor any FOIA requests.
Exactly and if its true proseecute her

Exactly and if its true proseecute her

Yep, just like they did to Hillary and countless others who have used private email accounts for conducting official government business.

And that makes her just as if not more stupid than Hillary Clinton. How is this news?

Exactly. The apple always falls near the tree. Just look at her father.

Clear a thief is dependent upon what they steal
Again you reinforce your rep as a Trump shill

i always said trump hiring family was stupid!!!!

Clear a thief is dependent upon what they steal
Again you reinforce your rep as a Trump shill

**EYEROLL**

I've said a million times that I don't give one flying fig WHO it is or what the letter is after their name.

**EYEROLL**

I've said a million times that I don't give one flying fig WHO it is or what the letter is after their name.

And that means what?

And that means what?

Exactly what I said.

If you're breaking the law, you pay the consequences no matter who you are.

Yep, just like they did to Hillary and countless others who have used private email accounts for conducting official government business.
Count me in the group in favor of charging all of them

Back
Top Bottom