• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ivanka Trump played an undisclosed role funneling inauguration funds to the family business

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...-funneling-inauguration-funds-family-business

As the inaugural committee planned the landmark celebration, internal concerns were raised about whether Trump’s Washington hotel was overcharging for event space. The spending could be a violation of the law.

When it came out this year that President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee raised and spent unprecedented amounts, people wondered where all that money went.

It turns out one beneficiary was Trump himself. Raising the 'potential for undue enrichment'
======================================
'Undue enrichment' is a new one for me but I wouldn't be surprised if it means exactly what it says. Overcharging, skimming & who knows what else might explain what happened to that $40M+ in inauguration funds.

Unjust enrichment means when a person unfairly gets a benefit by chance, mistake or another's misfortune for which the one enriched has not paid or worked and morally and ethically should not keep. A person who has been unjustly enriched at the expense of another must legally return the unfairly kept money or benefits.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...-funneling-inauguration-funds-family-business

As the inaugural committee planned the landmark celebration, internal concerns were raised about whether Trump’s Washington hotel was overcharging for event space. The spending could be a violation of the law.

When it came out this year that President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee raised and spent unprecedented amounts, people wondered where all that money went.

It turns out one beneficiary was Trump himself. Raising the 'potential for undue enrichment'
======================================
'Undue enrichment' is a new one for me but I wouldn't be surprised if it means exactly what it says. Overcharging, skimming & who knows what else might explain what happened to that $40M+ in inauguration funds.

Unjust enrichment means when a person unfairly gets a benefit by chance, mistake or another's misfortune for which the one enriched has not paid or worked and morally and ethically should not keep. A person who has been unjustly enriched at the expense of another must legally return the unfairly kept money or benefits.

Don't all hotels charge more when there is more demand for big events? I know they do around here. Parking also goes up, etc,etc.

Don't all hotels charge more when there is more demand for big events? I know they do around here. Parking also goes up, etc,etc.

Yep. A savvy member of our motorcycle club made advance reservations at the Rapid City, SD Hilton 11 months before the 50th anniversary of the Sturgis rally at $65/night - those rooms were later going for $165/night.

Back
Top Bottom