• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ivanka for VP? Allies weigh Trump/Trump ticket

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Eric Trump and Bob Corker have both weighed in on the search for VP and both are signaling out Trump's daughter as a possible last minute choice. That would definitely be a different choice which would only help Trump's anti-establishment message. Especially if no one else wants the job.

Ivanka for VP? Eric Trump, Bob Corker support Trump/Trump ticket

Eric Trump and Bob Corker have both weighed in on the search for VP and both are signaling out Trump's daughter as a possible last minute choice. That would definitely be a different choice which would only help Trump's anti-establishment message. Especially if no one else wants the job.

Ivanka for VP? Eric Trump, Bob Corker support Trump/Trump ticket

HT_house_of_cards_03_as_160314_4x3_992.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Barack-Obama-as-a-Surprised-Face-Emoticon--121802.jpg

My brain is wat

It would be an interesting choice, not least of all because as recently as two years ago she was hosting fundraisers for Cory Booker who's been getting some buzz as a possible Clinton choice.

Trump supporters would love it because she's hot.

Surely, Candidate Trump understands that his VP choice needs to be someone with political experience.

Is she a natural born citizen? I'm not sure she would meet the Constitutional requirements to be eligible to take over as President should something happen and the actions laid out in the 25th Amendment be required.

Wait, are we taking about his daughter or his wife? I get their names confused.

Surely, Candidate Trump understands that his VP choice needs to be someone with political experience.

Surely, Republican voters understand that their Presidential choice needs to be someone with political experience.

The Donald should be looking for someone who actually knows something about governing. Running a country ain't a hobby afterall.

Surely, Republican voters understand that their Presidential choice needs to be someone with political experience.

Not only that, but I think that Trump himself has said that he needs a politician at his side to help him maneuver the establishment (my words, I can't remember how he said it but I'm sure it wasn't eloquent).

Of course he does. How could he possibly not? He's presently courting Newt for that role, and Newt sure knows how to deal with congress well.

But in an election as unpredictable as this one, any sure thing seems to be little more than a guess.

Of course he does. How could he possibly not? He's presently courting Newt for that role, and Newt sure knows how to deal with congress well.

But in an election as unpredictable as this one, any sure thing seems to be little more than a guess.

I'll second that!

So you want an establishment Republican telling an anti-establishment Republican how to be a politician?

Last edited:
Is she a natural born citizen? I'm not sure she would meet the Constitutional requirements to be eligible to take over as President should something happen and the actions laid out in the 25th Amendment be required.

Wait, are we taking about his daughter or his wife? I get their names confused.

You're confusing her with Ivana. The Trumper has had two wives since then. Personally, I'm hoping for Newt. The family values party would then have candidates at the top of the ticket with 6 wives between them.

So you want an establishment Republican telling an anti-establishment Republican how to be a politician?

I'd much rather prefer that the anti-establishment Republican set the agenda and direction, and the establishment Republican, the one who knows how to deal with congress, gets it through congress, or as much as is reasonable, with bipartisan support. From my view, Newt is a good candidate for VP for these reasons. A good compliment to Trump.

Back
Top Bottom