• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Your People & Your Policy Yet You Want My Gun!!!!!

Ad hominem. Credibility plummets.

Are those violent crime rates based on per Capita?

Is it your contentions that state laws have no bearing on city laws?

You really have provided no facts here. Just more partisan ranting.

Yet you have produced no data that supports your view.

Thanks for proving my point.

Your opinions are noted.
And you have demonstrated why its worthless talking to 'people' like you. You just ram your head deeper...........in the dirt and pretend you don't know who is committing the acts of violence, where, and why.

And you have demonstrated why its worthless talking to 'people' like you. You just ram your head deeper...........in the dirt and pretend you don't know who is committing the acts of violence, where, and why.
People like me?

You mean people who want facts to back up claims?

That is why the right wing media loves you; because you are not like me.

Or Alaska and Arizona....two states with amongst the most liberal gun laws, yet amongst the highest rates of violent crime.

Show what specifically in their gun laws contributes to their crime as opposed to other states.

That (bolded above) is extremely lazy. If you want us to view specific links, then include them.
Nah I'll wait till A. I feel like it. Or B. One of you tells me I'm full of it and then I will drop it in.

I find it odd that the ones who do the least amount of research complain the most. When say you make a claim, any claim, that I decide to rebut, I do my own research to insure I'm sound. Perhaps you should try that technique.

Already answered in post #20.

Nope that was a dodge, you said:
Whether I own one or more guns has no impact on violent crime in Texas.

The question is whether the population being armed deters crimes versus NOT being armed

Not whether they have one gun or a hundreds guns

You know what the question is, stop being obtuse.

Many of you anti gunners are liberal democrats. As I've been studing this gun violence and crime issue I have noticed something undeniable. Liberal policy is responsible!

So during a debate an opponent posted a graph of the States with the most gun violence. These States of course have Republican gonernors and thus lean republican as the majority. Their point was to show that States with less restrictive gun control policy have much more gun violence. Knowing that Republicans are much tougher on crime and criminals and that the Republican constituency has with in it a more law abiding, police supporting attitude, I found this very suspect. So I dove into the accusation being made and guess what????? Turns out that a few Blue cities within those red States are causing most of the violence including gun violence. Cities run by democrats, with a majority Democrat constituency, causing most of the States problems. Essentially if you remove crime in those blue areas red states are amongst the safest on the planet.

So check it out for yourselves. You might be surprised. I wasn't!
****ing more moronic right wing lies and idiocy. Republicans don't do anything, at all, to address any problems. They give tax breaks to the rich (who are a huge part of problems in this country) or look to ban abortion, trans, homosexuals, etc. Is there anything original in any right wing poster? Same stupid shit repeated over and over again.

Cause of violence, something liberals actually want to address and republicans just ignore while they worship the rich
1. Income inequality. Poor, desperate people turn to crime. People who work their asses off and can barely afford housing or food get tired out and get angry. Republicans shit on the poor, whine that people can't make higher wages, can't get. food stamps, welfare, or any assistance at all.
2. Drug addiction and black market drug sales- Republicans moronic idea is just lock people up and no rehabilitation, and we have a disgusting rate of imprisonment in this country for it and it does nothing to address anything
3. Mental health0
4. our shitty, for profit healthcare industry that bankrupts people, adding to the 1 issue. Republicans worship the greed, don't care about the struggles of the people, address no problems at all
5. The sheer amount of guns in this country and lax republicans pushed regulations also contribute to the insane gun crimes.

anyway, just like every right wing partisan, there will be no actual arguments from you, just moronic projections and lies

Nope that was a dodge, you said:

The question is whether the population being armed deters crimes versus NOT being armed

Not whether they have one gun or a hundreds guns

You know what the question is, stop being obtuse.

Clever that you edited out “Nope.”, which was the simple and direct answer to your question, and then decided to question my subsequent comment. Calling me obtuse, after you ignored my simple one word answer is your problem - not mine.

5. The sheer amount of guns in this country
If the sheer amount of guns in this country is a problem, what's your solution to address that?

and lax republicans pushed regulations also contribute to the insane gun crimes.
Should we allow the government to ignore the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and SCOTUS?

****ing more moronic right wing lies and idiocy. Republicans don't do anything, at all, to address any problems. They give tax breaks to the rich (who are a huge part of problems in this country) or look to ban abortion, trans, homosexuals, etc. Is there anything original in any right wing poster? Same stupid shit repeated over and over again.

Cause of violence, something liberals actually want to address and republicans just ignore while they worship the rich
1. Income inequality. Poor, desperate people turn to crime. People who work their asses off and can barely afford housing or food get tired out and get angry. Republicans shit on the poor, whine that people can't make higher wages, can't get. food stamps, welfare, or any assistance at all.
2. Drug addiction and black market drug sales- Republicans moronic idea is just lock people up and no rehabilitation, and we have a disgusting rate of imprisonment in this country for it and it does nothing to address anything
3. Mental health0
4. our shitty, for profit healthcare industry that bankrupts people, adding to the 1 issue. Republicans worship the greed, don't care about the struggles of the people, address no problems at all
5. The sheer amount of guns in this country and lax republicans pushed regulations also contribute to the insane gun crimes.

anyway, just like every right wing partisan, there will be no actual arguments from you, just moronic projections and lies

Look at the size of it!

3. Mental health0

more psychobabbling. whining about the rich-stupid class envy.
You whine about guns while whining about locking people up-and at the same time you want to ban guns and lock up people who own them.

this sort of silliness reeks of POE

People like me?

You mean people who want facts to back up claims?

That is why the right wing media loves you; because you are not like me.
You have the facts....its just not easy to see the facts from where you keep your head.

Clever that you edited out “Nope.”, which was the simple and direct answer to your question

Since you also attempted an explanation, I deemed it superfluous as it was implied by your attempted explanation.

...and then decided to question my subsequent comment.

As it was an obvious dodge. And one you still refuse to answer.

Calling me obtuse, after you ignored my simple one word answer is your problem - not mine.

Your simple one word reply was and is not an answer
You referred to an earlier dodge, in itself an obtuse reply

So here's the question again:
Does the population being armed (at all) deter crimes versus NOT being armed (with guns at all) ?

Feel free to dodge again.

Since you also attempted an explanation, I deemed it superfluous as it was implied by your attempted explanation.

Does the population being armed (at all) deter crimes versus NOT being armed (with guns at all) ?

we do know that your a anti gun schemes are far more likely to harm honest people, than impede criminals. that is why we reject your desired laws

My answer (despite being a different question) remains no.

we do know that your [SIC] a [SIC] anti gun schemes are far more likely to harm honest people, than impede criminals. that is why we reject your desired laws

We don't "know" anything of the sort

We ***DO*** know that the current gun laws see about 10k gun related homicides pa, plus about 80k gun related injuries
Not to mention almost 700 mass shootings (where 4 or more people were shot, but not necessarily kill, plus the shooter or shooters) in 2021 alone.

We ***DO*** know that the current gun laws see about 10k gun related homicides pa, plus about 80k gun related injuries
Not to mention almost 700 mass shootings (where 4 or more people were shot, but not necessarily kill, plus the shooter or shooters) in 2021 alone.
you don't want to go after the felons who cause the vast majority of gun crimes-you want to turn 100 million or more people into criminals.

you don't want to go after the felons who cause the vast majority of gun crimes-you want to turn 100 million or more people into criminals.

Absolutely I do
I want to make their guns illegal, seize them as and when these criminals are arrested and impose harsh extra jail sentences if a crime involved an illegal gun(s).

I want to remove the sources of guns for criminals too.

OK, but one should also consider that an “assault rifle” ban (if well enforced) would save fewer lives than a knife ban (if equally well enforced). The problem is not tool (or weapon) availability - it is that criminals, allowed to roam freely among us, will often obtain and abuse tools (or weapons).

Don’t bother with the knives have other (non-criminal) uses nonsense, since “assault rifles” also have other (non-criminal) uses.

The casualties in your "almost 700 mass shootings" are included in the stats, not in addition to.

Amazing he claims "no" is a dodge, while demanding you answer yes or no.

Not only that, but changes the ‘real’ question. He started with his usual “gun owners think…” assertion (based on ???) and then asked if I (a known gun owner) agreed with it. When I replied “Nope.” and then dared to add a supporting statement, he considered that to have been evasive - somehow invalidating my (prior) simple (one word) reply.

The problem is that he bases his desired gun control (a full ban) measure on the prior repeal of the 2A. That is as ridiculous as it gets. First create (present?) a politically impossible alternate reality, then make suggestions based on that fictitious premise.

Back
Top Bottom