• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's War!!

nitroexpress

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Iran backs and supplies the Houthi rebels. It's pretty clear that Iran planned and directed the Houthi's to attack Saudi. What was Iran thinking? Do we bomb Iran in the morning, evening and all week long? Probably just send in the cruise missiles. What would McCain do?

Bomb Iran
YouTube

giphy.gif

Wars have been started for less.

Strap in everyone, I have a bad feeling about this.

It's pretty clear that Iran planned and directed the Houthi's to attack Saudi.

That isn't clear at all. I've seen too many "slam dunks" that turned out to be disinformation.

While I think a war with Iran is a bad idea, I think we can destroy the source of their income, faster than they can rebuild it.
If Iran cannot ship oil, their economy will collapse, oil loading facilities, are vary exposed infrastructures that take a lot of time to build.
This is likely why they attacked the The Saudi oil facilities, so that we would not be willing to cut off a second major source of oil to the
world market.

*sigh*…...bad idea.

We supply the bulk of the worlds weapons. Is the US thus responsible for every decision made by others?

Think long and hard on that.

If the US is arming Syrian rebels fighting against Assad it is taking part in the battle to throw him out, yes.

Iran is arming terrorists who attack Western and Sunni targets because they want terrorists to attack Western and Sunni targets.
Sometimes it directs them itself using the revolutionary guard corps.

If the US is arming Syrian rebels fighting against Assad it is taking part in the battle to throw him out, yes.

Iran is arming terrorists who attack Western and Sunni targets because they want terrorists to attack Western and Sunni targets.
Sometimes it directs them itself using the revolutionary guard corps.

Saudi Arabia is at war in Yemen with the Houthis, why can they not take the war to Saudi Arabia?

Saudi Arabia is at war in Yemen with the Houthis, why can they not take the war to Saudi Arabia?

Everyone "can" do anything in a war.
We're however looking at Iran directing a massive attack against Saudi Arabia and this is how it should be seen.
I realize you have the Iranian agenda on your mind but this is objective reality.

The last thing we need right now is yet another, or renewed, conflict in this region.

No matter if it is Yemen Houthi, some other group, whoever with Iran's help, or Iran directly if we do not get Iran and Saudi Arabia to the table to talk the only direction this will go is further disaster for everyone.

The Saudis may be gunning for this anyway just waiting for when and where to attack, another one of those entangling alliances we should be concerned about.

We're however looking at Iran directing a massive attack against Saudi Arabia and this is how it should be seen.
I realize you have the Iranian agenda on your mind but this is objective reality.

I was the Houthis, it is something I would have done a long time ago if I had the resources, the Houthis have tried at least once in the past (about 1 month ago). Iran would not have to direct the Houthis, just supply the weapons.

The oil attacks will negatively effect the ability of the Saudi's to conduct the war in Yemen, I am sure the Houthis are aware of that, and from a strategic standpoint it was a smart move for the Houthis

Actually it is the opposite in the fact we shouldn't be involved at all.

Everyone "can" do anything in a war. We're however looking at Iran directing a massive attack against Saudi Arabia and this is how it should be seen. I realize you have the Iranian agenda on your mind but this is objective reality.

What's this 'WE' crap??? You got a mouse in your pocket????

I realize some are Saudi apologists but let's get real. The 'Kingdom' has been using it's oil to blackmail the West into silence as they are truly bad actors.

The 9/11 terrorists came from Saudi, their warped version of Islam comes from Saudi Arabia. We turned a blind eye to that.

The Saudis suppress their women, Shia minority and sent troops into Bahrain to suppress the Shia majority for the Sunni ruler- we turned a blind eye.

The Saudis murdered an American journalist in Turkey and we turned a blind eye.

The Saudis were not peaceful victims of an unwarranted attack on their oilfields- the Saudis have been fighting in Yemen creating a humanitarian crisis the world has decried- we turned a blind eye.

Is that your 'WE'????

Now Saudi oilfields have been hit before, the Saudis know how important/vulnerable they are... they have our advanced air defense systems... they have massive reserves of oil around the world... they know one sure way to get the West back on board...

Some of we have neither a Iranian or Saudi agenda- we have common sense.... :peace

That isn't clear at all. I've seen too many "slam dunks" that turned out to be disinformation.

Woa....why are you attacking and doubting the news and intelligence community?

Here's a fact.

Those folks have a different culture than us. Vastly different. We are trying to impose our culture on them, with peace talks and the like. Its not gonna work. These people hate each other, and have done so, for over a thousand years. There is nothing we can do to change that. Ditch the Saudis, the Iranians, the entire zoo.

Or, take control of their oil, institute regime change, and foster the next generation of radical terrorists.

What's this 'WE' crap??? You got a mouse in your pocket????

I realize some are Saudi apologists but let's get real. The 'Kingdom' has been using it's oil to blackmail the West into silence as they are truly bad actors.

The 9/11 terrorists came from Saudi, their warped version of Islam comes from Saudi Arabia. We turned a blind eye to that.

The Saudis suppress their women, Shia minority and sent troops into Bahrain to suppress the Shia majority for the Sunni ruler- we turned a blind eye.

The Saudis murdered an American journalist in Turkey and we turned a blind eye.

The Saudis were not peaceful victims of an unwarranted attack on their oilfields- the Saudis have been fighting in Yemen creating a humanitarian crisis the world has decried- we turned a blind eye.

Is that your 'WE'????

Now Saudi oilfields have been hit before, the Saudis know how important/vulnerable they are... they have our advanced air defense systems... they have massive reserves of oil around the world... they know one sure way to get the West back on board...

Some of we have neither a Iranian or Saudi agenda- we have common sense.... :peace

I don't think common sense can be attributed to any of your positions, but what "we" meant if you were sincerely asking is those of us who are observing the situation.
I think it was pretty clear.

Iran backs and supplies the Houthi rebels. It's pretty clear that Iran planned and directed the Houthi's to attack Saudi. What was Iran thinking? Do we bomb Iran in the morning, evening and all week long? Probably just send in the cruise missiles. What would McCain do?

Bomb Iran
YouTube

Maybe Saudi Arabia should fight their own wars .

The US Government now believes that the attacks of Saturday past were by both drones and cruise missiles and originated from Iraq rather than Yemen. There is no definitive claim by the US that Iran is behind these attacks although the US Government believes strongly that Iranian agency is involved at some level. So the whole Houthi-Iran argument is now very likely in the crapper. However Iraq does have powerful Shi'ite militias which have close ties to Iran, some functioning as Iranian proxies, so that is another dimension. Another possibility as that a non-state actor may be behind these and the previous pipeline attacks of May plus perhaps the attacks on tankers as well. These non-state actors could be working for any nation desiring to see a hot war between Iran and its allies versus Saudi Arabia and its allies.

So the declaration that "it's war" and the supposition that Iran is the bad guy behind these attacks may be either premature or even wrong. Remember the claims of WMD's being produced and stockpiled by Iraq to justify the 2003 Gulf War which post-invasion turned out to be a false casus bellum. Caution and prudence must guide all states as they try to figure out exactly what happened last Saturday in order to act responsibly.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom