• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Its War of the Words between McCarthy and Cheney:

Subieguy

Todays GOP: wrong on EVERYTHING!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
McCarthy got caught on a hot mic trashing Cheney. Ooops!!!
He says she "has real problems." Could he be any more obtuse? Once again, a party member being trashed for telling the truth.
from the article:

What he's saying: "I think she's got real problems," McCarthy told Steve Doocy off-air ahead of a live "Fox and Friends" interview. "I've had it with ... I've had it with her. You know, I've lost confidence. ... Well, someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place."

Cheney's response:

This is about whether the Republican Party is going to perpetuate lies about the 2020 election and attempt to whitewash what happened on Jan. 6," Cheney spokesperson Jeremy Adler said in response to McCarthy's aired Fox interview. "Liz will not do that. That is the issue."

and now the Wall Street Journal foes after the GOP's efforts to remove Cheney:

"GOP leaders shouldn't have to lie to keep their jobs." Wow! Once again, the truth hurts!

Her refusal to get in line has rankled Trump and other Republicans. On Wednesday, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) was caught on a hot mic complaining that “I’ve had it with her” and saying that “someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place.”

“But Mr. McCarthy knows Ms. Cheney is right,” the Journal’s editorial said. “The election wasn’t stolen, yet Mr. Trump wants an endorsement of his stolen claim to be a litmus test for every Republican candidate.”

“She may be ousted because she is daring to tell the truth to GOP voters,” the editorial added, “and at personal political risk.

Bingo!!!

It’s not really a war of words so much as the GOP completing its transition into a White Supremacist anti-Democracy party.

Between sex traffickers, nazis, and Louie Gohmert, the biggest crime you can commit as a Republican is to denounce Donald Trump.

the GOP is still entirely under the spell of the Trump Cult.

He says she "has real problems." Could he be any more obtuse? Once again, a party member being trashed for telling the truth.
from the article:

What he's saying: "I think she's got real problems," McCarthy told Steve Doocy off-air ahead of a live "Fox and Friends" interview. "I've had it with ... I've had it with her. You know, I've lost confidence. ... Well, someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place."

Cheney's response:

This is about whether the Republican Party is going to perpetuate lies about the 2020 election and attempt to whitewash what happened on Jan. 6," Cheney spokesperson Jeremy Adler said in response to McCarthy's aired Fox interview. "Liz will not do that. That is the issue."

"GOP leaders shouldn't have to lie to keep their jobs." Wow! Once again, the truth hurts!

Her refusal to get in line has rankled Trump and other Republicans. On Wednesday, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) was caught on a hot mic complaining that “I’ve had it with her” and saying that “someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place.”

“But Mr. McCarthy knows Ms. Cheney is right,” the Journal’s editorial said. “The election wasn’t stolen, yet Mr. Trump wants an endorsement of his stolen claim to be a litmus test for every Republican candidate.”

“She may be ousted because she is daring to tell the truth to GOP voters,” the editorial added, “and at personal political risk.

Bingo!!!

I want to know who is licking Trump's right testicle while McCarthy is giving interviews?

the GOP is still entirely under the spell of the Trump Cult.
It really is mind boggling.
In dictatorships, the masses have no choice but to worship the cult of personality of their leader.
But for this to occur in a democracy, well again, mind boggling.

from the article:

Cheney's response:

Bingo!!!

I'm really not sure why Cheney thinks she needs to stir the pot every day. I was kind of defending her for a while (because everyone is entitled to their opinions whether you agree with them or not) but when she keeps at it for no real apparent reason, my patience is running thin with her. They all need to just shut up and do their jobs and not talk about stuff that is no longer of any consequence.

I'm really not sure why Cheney thinks she needs to stir the pot every day. I was kind of defending her for a while (because everyone is entitled to their opinions whether you agree with them or not) but when she keeps at it for no real apparent reason, my patience is running thin with her. They all need to just shut up and do their jobs and not talk about stuff that is no longer of any consequence.
she "stirs the pot everyday" because she is standing on principal. The GOP largely continues to embrace the BIG LIE. She and few other GOP do not. Good for her!

she "stirs the pot everyday" because she is standing on principal. The GOP largely continues to embrace the BIG LIE. She and few other GOP do not. Good for her!
There is no reason to stir the pot every day. Trump lost. Biden won. The election was 6 months ago. It's over. It's been over.

When telling the truth is a caucus is considered "stirring the pot", it might be time for some hard questions.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

There is no reason to stir the pot every day. Trump lost. Biden won. The election was 6 months ago. It's over. It's been over.
I agree! Now just tell that to the leaders of the GOP and the ones in Arizona!

The fight for ideologic purity continues. The GOP has made a very purposeful decision. They have decided to back Trumpism 100%. And they have decided to shrink their tent considerably to generally those who will bend the knee. Liz does not want to bend the knee. So she is being chased out. Romney will be, too. As will anyone else who does not subscribe to The Big Lie or preach it. The cult is growing stronger. Drums of Kool-Aid are not far away.

Are you going to apply that standard to Trump? He's the leader of the GOP and he whines like a 13 year old girl about the election. He stirs the pot all the time. Are you willing to tell him to shut up and move on?

They all need to just shut up and do their jobs and not talk about stuff that is no longer of any consequence.

Except it is of consequence because Trump and his sycophants are using the election lie to really stir the pot and rile the base. the last thing they want is for it to be really over. They see keeping the lie alive as being their ticket to 2022. Cheney isn't stirring the pot she is shedding light on what is happening within the GOP. She isn't going to shut up and be a good soldier, she is going to fight for the truth, a return to core conservative values, democracy and the country she loves.

Can't stand her politics but I sure do admire her integrity and courage. Too bad there weren't more brave enough to make a stand.

Back
Top Bottom