• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's True: Officers slashed tires on vehicles parked amid Minneapolis protests.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
From the Star Tribune:

Officers slashed tires on vehicles parked amid Minneapolis protests, unrest...

Two law enforcement agencies acknowledged Monday that officers patrolling Minneapolis during the height of recent protests knifed the tires of numerous vehicles parked and unoccupied in at least two locations in the midst of the unrest...

...Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon confirmed that tires were cut in "a few locations." "State Patrol troopers strategically deflated tires … in order to stop behaviors such as vehicles driving dangerously and at high speeds in and around protesters and law enforcement," Gordon said.
Officers slashed tires on vehicles parked during Mpls. protests, unrest - StarTribune.com

This comes from a primary source not cited in other posts on the subject. It addresses my concerns about "hearsay" evidence used for allegations of tires being slashed in store parking lots. As the police agencies openly admit this occurred, as cited above, there is no further doubt this did occur as reported.

I post this here to show I am willing to acknowledge that something I had a reasonable doubt about has been sufficiently proven by the missing requested evidence.

I leave it to my Tort peers to describe if the victims have access to legal recovery.

From the Star Tribune:

Officers slashed tires on vehicles parked during Mpls. protests, unrest - StarTribune.com

This comes from a primary source not cited in other posts on the subject. It addresses my concerns about "hearsay" evidence used for allegations of tires being slashed in store parking lots. As the police agencies openly admit this occurred, as cited above, there is no further doubt this did occur as reported.

I post this here to show I am willing to acknowledge that something I had a reasonable doubt about has been sufficiently proven by the missing requested evidence.

I leave it to my Tort peers to describe if the victims have access to legal recovery.

I hadn't heard about this.

Video and photo images posted on the news outlet Mother Jones show officers in military-style uniforms puncturing tires in the Kmart parking lot at Lake Street and Nicollet Avenue on May 30.

Images from S. Washington Avenue at Interstate 35W also showed officers with knives deflating the tires of two unoccupied cars with repeated jabs on May 31. Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon confirmed that tires were cut in "a few locations."

Jesus ......

I'm not sure what they gained by slashing tires.

Petty revenge?

From the Star Tribune:

HEY EVERYONE! LOOK HOW HUMBLE I AM BEING!

Of all the arrogant self-puffery. You were shown video and photo in that thread, e.g.

cops-puncturing-1.gif

Videos Show Cops Slashing Car Tires at Protests in Minneapolis

You just chose to lie about it at the time. You said there was "no evidence" despite being shown a photograph of the thing happening. Others posted videos.

You just lied to create a smokescreen. Now that the cops admit it, you're forced to stop the charade. This isn't some situation where you have a basis to bask in fake humility while patting yourself on the back for knowing a word from the criminal law context ("reasonable doubt"... fancy. But this isn't a trial. It's a debate board).

You just cannot continue to insist there is no evidence with a straight face, since you'd have to claim the DPS spokesman was lying or clueless.

Last edited:
HEY EVERYONE! LOOK HOW HUMBLE I AM BEING!

Of all the arrogant self-puffery. You were shown video and photo in that thread, e.g.

cops-puncturing-1.gif

Videos Show Cops Slashing Car Tires at Protests in Minneapolis

You just chose to lie about it at the time. You said there was "no evidence" despite being shown a photograph of the thing happening. Others posted videos.

You just lied to create a smokescreen. Now that the cops admit it, you're forced to stop the charade. This isn't some situation where you have a basis to bask in fake humility while patting yourself on the back for knowing a word from the criminal law context ("reasonable doubt"... fancy. But this isn't a trial. It's a debate board).

You just cannot continue to insist there is no evidence with a straight face, since you'd have to claim the DPS spokesman was lying or clueless.

Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom