• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's time

jallman

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
36,915
Reaction score
11,283
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
It's time people....

Its about high time we came together and understood what this war means.
Its a hell of a lot more than a Clinton or a Bush.
Its a hell of a lot more than a Cindy Sheehan
or a Kerry or a Dean.

This war is about Christians and peace loving Muslims united
This war is about so much more than a condemnation of fundamental Islam
This war is about much more than two towers in NYC.
This war is about you
and me
and our children
And standing against a quantifiable foe!
Al Qaeda,
the turbaned force
who tells their children to strap bombs
to their chest and run
like lemmings into the midst of the infidels;
Kill as many for your 1000 virgins
as you can!

Mothers...
they are universal...
Do you think the Suni or the Shi'ite mother
thinks of her children as Suni or Shi'ite?
Do you think the mother
dreams of 1000 virgins
as she says goodbye to her son
as he runs like a lemming into an Israeli cafe`?

The mother loves her son
In Iraq or in America.
The mother should be asked
what her son's worth is.
The mother should be begged her opinion.

Free the women in all lands
Give the woman the right
To raise her hand in anger
Or in defense

Free the women, and then
I think you will find
Logic and thought
Most supreme and Serene..

Free the women if you want to know
The end of sons going to war!
Free the women if you want to know
The end of bombers going to suicide!
No one wants to be separated
From his mother
From his mother's love
From his mother's touch.
From his mother...

The mother doesnt want to be separated
From her husband through war
Or through jiyhad.
Its death all the same.
Is the mother-wife to become one
Of a 1000 virgins?
What eternity is this for the bearer
of our warrior children?

Is the mother to become
A peaceful protest
Against the roadside bombs
or against the RPG's
That our own government provided?
Eat our mistakes oh USA
and admit our bin ladens
and love our taliban children.

What I cry is Free the Women
And let them decide
The fates of their children
And Let them Know
The sacrifices of their loins.
Lay the burden down
At the feet of the Mother...
Let her speak her gentle mind...
 
Last edited:

tecoyah

Back
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
9,777
Reaction score
3,417
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
jallman said:
It's time people....

Its about high time we came together and understood what this war means.
Its a hell of a lot more than a Clinton or a Bush.
Its a hell of a lot more than a Cindy Sheehan
or a Kerry or a Dean.

This war is about Christians and peace loving Muslims united
This war is about so much more than a condemnation of fundamental Islam
This war is about much more than two towers in NYC.
This war is about you
and me
and our children
And standing against a quantifiable foe!
Al Qaeda,
the turbaned force
who tells their children to strap bombs
to their chest and run
like lemmings into the midst of the infidels;
Kill as many for your 1000 virgins
as you can!

Mothers...
they are universal...
Do you think the Suni or the Shi'ite mother
thinks of her children as Suni or Shi'ite?
Do you think the mother
dreams of 1000 virgins
as she says goodbye to her son
as he runs like a lemming into an Israeli cafe`?

The mother loves her son
In Iraq or in America.
The mother should be asked
what her son's worth is.
The mother should be begged her opinion.

Free the women in all lands
Give the woman the right
To raise her hand in anger
Or in defense

Free the women, and then
I think you will find
Logic and thought
Most supreme and Serene..

Free the women if you want to know
The end of sons going to war!
Free the women if you want to know
The end of bombers going to suicide!
No one wants to be separated
From his mother
From his mother's love
From his mother's touch.
From his mother...

The mother doesnt want to be separated
From her husband through war
Or through jiyhad.
Its death all the same.
Is the mother-wife to become one
Of a 1000 virgins?
What eternity is this for the bearer
of our warrior children?

Is the mother to become
A peaceful protest
Against the roadside bombs
or against the RPG's
That our own government provided?
Eat our mistakes oh USA
and admit our bin ladens
and love our taliban children.

What I cry is Free the Women
And let them decide
The fates of their children
And Let them Know
The sacrifices of their loins.
Lay the burden down
At the feet of the Mother...
Let her speak her gentle mind...

Thank You.....well done
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
This war is about globalization plain and simple. Whether good or bad thats what this is about. This war is going to help us with nothing. When we leave, its gonna be like we were never there. Thats why I have some supicions about the possibility of us leaving at all. I mean we still have troops in Korea and other places.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being over cynical but honestly I've heard so much bullshit about freedom and liberty that I'm just fed up with it all. We don't bomb Sunnis and Kurds for freedom.
 

AK_Conservative

Active member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Eagle River, Alaska
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Quite in depth with little words jallman! Though it adds perspective to the account other than, "LIAR" "WMD" and so forth! Much more intelligent than Canuck! :lol:

This war is about globalization plain and simple. Whether good or bad thats what this is about. This war is going to help us with nothing. When we leave, its gonna be like we were never there. Thats why I have some supicions about the possibility of us leaving at all. I mean we still have troops in Korea and other places.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being over cynical but honestly I've heard so much bullshit about freedom and liberty that I'm just fed up with it all. We don't bomb Sunnis and Kurds for freedom.
Finn, what makes you think that once we leave, it will be like it was before (the way I interpreted it). I mean, weve already began the set up of a new democratic government.. that is a HUGE step!
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Because the Iraqis can't fend for themselves. Hell, just look at the news coming out of there now. There are daily attacks. And if we leave, well, that won't help any. Bush said that once the Iraqis can fend for themselves, we'll leave but that might not be for awhile I'm afraid.

Oh yeah and its not like we have any say in what their constituion says etc. I can see a potential problem in our relation ship with the Shi'ites there now. I never really understood why we supported the shi'ites. I suppose its because Saddam was a Sunni but still it bugs me.
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Will? Yes sure the Iraqis have the will to fight for their so called "freedom" but the enemy also has the will to over throw them. There is no side that has superior willibility, so to speak. If I were an Shi'ite Iraqi and I really liked everything that america was doing and I thought my life was better and all that jazz and I was willing to fight to the death for what I believed in I would.

However it goes around both ways. The insurgents or terrorists or whatever have the same will. Anyone, who risks their life for a cause whether for good or for evil have the "will" to do whatever the **** they want. Will doesn't matter. Will can mean absolutely nothing just so long as your enemy as the will to fight you also. Then, when it comes to that, it only matters on whos the smartest, the boldest, and who has the superior numbers. Then you can throw will out the window.

So, in other words, their will doesn't mean **** if they can't defend themselves. Thats why we're gonna have to stay there.
 

Donkey1499

DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
56
Location
Under The Northern Star, Alaska
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
But we won't have to stay long. I'd say 6 years would be the maximum. The Iraqis will be better armed than the terrorists anyways.
 

Pub31321

New member
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Conservative
We are training the people of Iraq so we dont have to stay there forever.
 

teacher

DP Veteran
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
30
Location
Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
jallman's got it right. Until the women have a represented say in their world, the men will continue to brain wash their sons into killing their selves for holy wars.

From FinnMacCool:
This war is about globalization plain and simple.

God you couldn't be more wrong. This war on terror is about keeping mushroom clouds from sprouting in America. We will never kill, defeat, defend, thwart, deter against an enemy willing to kill their selves. Sooner or later they WILL get nukes. Think you they wont use them here and in Israel? The time we have until they do grows shorter. Thank God W. has seized it. Shame that it took 9/11 to jump start America.

We have to change their society from within. Their society will never change as long as the men hold all the power. Women are the key to doing this.

Like jallman says. "Free the Women".

Where have I heard that before?
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
God you couldn't be more wrong. This war on terror is about keeping mushroom clouds from sprouting in America. We will never kill, defeat, defend, thwart, deter against an enemy willing to kill their selves. Sooner or later they WILL get nukes. Think you they wont use them here and in Israel? The time we have until they do grows shorter. Thank God W. has seized it. Shame that it took 9/11 to jump start America.
Yeah um. . .what happened to those nukes that we were supposed to be keeping out of the hands of terrorists?

And btw it took for 9/11 to jump start Bush and any of the politicians. I'm sick and tired of people seeing Bush as like some bold military leader or something. He doesn't give a **** about any of us. Neither did Clinton when he was in office. They both ignored the threat and there is no way if Al Gore was president that he would've been any worse then W at security. The only difference is the appeareance that W and is buddies presented to the public. He used 9/11 as an excuse to go to Iraq and to pass the Patriot Act. He took advantage of the fact that people were still shaken after 9/11 and he used it to his political advantage.
 

mikeey

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
776
Reaction score
93
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
teacher i am with U, wellcome m8 to the basement again, u know my good friend mr bush runs our country GREAT BRITAIN he tells us wot to do in every way,we be as well fly the AMERICAN FLAG here,thats it in a nutshell

maybe the best thing that could happen for us

god bless U

my kind regards to U

Mikeey
 

teacher

DP Veteran
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
30
Location
Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
mikeey said:
teacher i am with U, wellcome m8 to the basement again, u know my good friend mr bush runs our country GREAT BRITAIN he tells us wot to do in every way,we be as well fly the AMERICAN FLAG here,thats it in a nutshell

maybe the best thing that could happen for us

god bless U

my kind regards to U

Mikeey


"Our country GREAT BRITIAN" implies English is your first language.

Mr. Bush now tells you to hit spell check.

Not often when I can't tell when the author of a post is being sarcastic.

All are, and now you especially, welcome in the basement.

Your Union Jack is something to be proud of.

m8, now I get it.

I know I type things like "gonna" and such, but...:damn
 

XShipRider

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
FinnMacCool said:
Yeah um. . .what happened to those nukes that we were supposed to be keeping out of the hands of terrorists?

And btw it took for 9/11 to jump start Bush and any of the politicians. I'm sick and tired of people seeing Bush as like some bold military leader or something. He doesn't give a **** about any of us. Neither did Clinton when he was in office. They both ignored the threat and there is no way if Al Gore was president that he would've been any worse then W at security. The only difference is the appeareance that W and is buddies presented to the public. He used 9/11 as an excuse to go to Iraq and to pass the Patriot Act. He took advantage of the fact that people were still shaken after 9/11 and he used it to his political advantage.
Agreed. Perception is an exploited quality of leaders, good or bad.
 

Blah

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
87
Reaction score
1
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
War is stupid. Especially when its because of a lie. Bin Laden wasnt even behind 9/11. 9/11 could have been blamed on hugh hefner and the american public would ****ing believe it.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Blah said:
War is stupid. Especially when its because of a lie. Bin Laden wasnt even behind 9/11. 9/11 could have been blamed on hugh hefner and the american public would ****ing believe it.
There is already a thread concerning this...

Please don't inject conspiracy theories into other threads...
 

jallman

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
36,915
Reaction score
11,283
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
teacher said:
So jallman, hows it feel to have the most important point in the war on terror so totally ignored. Welcome to my world. Any wonder I spend so mush time in the basement?
Bah, dont sweat it. I was more worried that I would catch a bunch of flack for having written a poem instead of making a prose post. After I hit submit...I thought to myself...jeeze...hope they dont compare that to Canuck. :rofl
 

mikeey

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
776
Reaction score
93
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
teacher my country is,




SCOTLAND

and i love my country more than any other,and i did not mean to

be rude to U by all means i did not mean to be

sarcastic.
to the fellas from the south,sorry if u have taken me up the wrong way.

all the best to U

becuase i have a lot of time for U.

my kind regards
mikeey
 
Top Bottom