• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Its time to pivot - The Trump running mate will be....

Who will be the Republican Nominee?

• Murkowski - not much witty to say about a woman Senator from Ark - not named Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there an intelligent Republican that would run on the same ticket as a Democrat in Republican clothing? Should be interesting to see who would sell their soul to the Donald.

other
Still surprising - the most popular selection .
Trump is so great that a vice president he needs not ...He can ''do it all' .Not only walk on water, but not even get his feet wet !
I do fear that he can ''win it all'', so it will be best to have a good vice president ....but who ?
Sanders

Is there an intelligent Republican that would run on the same ticket as a Democrat in Republican clothing? Should be interesting to see who would sell their soul to the Donald.

You make it sound like you're new to politics and politicians. :mrgreen:

Pretty much every politician with upward ambitions would sign on as a VP candidate for well, virtually anyone from either of the two major parties..

You make it sound like you're new to politics and politicians. :mrgreen:

Pretty much every politician with upward ambitions would sign on as a VP candidate for well, virtually anyone from either of the two major parties..

Nope, unfortunately I am well versed in American Politics, meaning I know how it works and often does not work.

Sure they would, now it is you that is sounding naïve.

Except for those that will not read what is written on the wall, it seems the race is defined. This seems like a good time to survey everyone's early takes on Trump's would be VP. Time to pivot toward November...

View attachment 67200625

Who do you think?

1) Christie - he is often standing behind him in a way that is almost creepy
2) Cruz - A senator with Texas values
3) Kasich - Ohio
4) Rubio - can little Marco deliver FL?
5) Palin - now there's a ticket that can generate gaffs at a record rate
6) Ernst - The Donald's got balls; Joanie knows how to cut them off
7) Scott - A bit of a dark horse, sort of speak, but well balances the demographics
8) Murkowski -
9) condoleezza rice - another balancing of the ticket: an intellectual to offset someone that isn't so intellectual
9) Other

It will be Mini-Trump.

I dont have any insight into who he will pick, but I hope it is Olympia Snowe.

I think damn near everyone has underrated Donald Trump, OC, especially the people who comprise (what is referred to as) the Republican establishment.

I just have enough confidence in the American public, however, to suppose that Donald Trump will never be elected president.

If I am wrong...I WILL submit a thread acknowledging how wrong I was on this particular point.

I've gotta tell you, Frank, the biggest surprise I've got from Trump's campaign is the number of people I considered to be Conservatives who are supporting him. That's been one heck of an eye opener for me as people I've known and respected for their conservative beliefs kept jumping on his bandwagon. Lots and lots of folks out there are abandoning their principles just to vote for the guy because he's not a politician and I suspect that a sizeable chunk of Sanders supporters will move to Trump for exactly that reason once Hillary gets the nod.

Ugh! Jane Fonda but without the looks.

The conservative movement is a train wreck, there is nothing to be gained by pandering to them this election. THose folks need to go lick their wounds and try to figure out a road forwards. Trump can safely ignore them.

I don't have to bluff you. I'm holding AA.

You mischaracterize what people say...and then argue against the mischaracterization. You do that frequently.

And you start with the insult nonsense at the drop of a hat.

In the meantime, I would love to face you over a poker table. I've limited my playing to on-line games recently...so I doubt it will happen.

So what you did was make a remark that Trump would chose one of his daughters for VP and based on your previous, multiple, disparaging comments on Trump, I took it at face value.

You backpedaled with the sarcasm after confronted on such. My remarks were regarding your post, not you, so you feel free to hit the triangle but you can quit trying to get me to shut up on that baseless accusation.

The conservative movement is a train wreck, there is nothing to be gained by pandering to them this election. THose folks need to go lick their wounds and try to figure out a road forwards. Trump can safely ignore them.

Exactly, there's nothing to be gained from pandering to the religious right. They aren't voting Democrats anyway and as long as Trump doesn't sacrifice a baby to Beelzebub on national television then they're voting Republican regardless.

Except for those that will not read what is written on the wall, it seems the race is defined. This seems like a good time to survey everyone's early takes on Trump's would be VP. Time to pivot toward November...

Who do you think?

3) Kasich - Ohio
7) Scott - A bit of a dark horse, sort of speak, but well balances the demographics
8) Murkowski -
9) condoleezza rice - another balancing of the ticket: an intellectual to offset someone that isn't so intellectual
9) Other
Marsha Blackburn should be on that list.

Isn't Sandoval consistently one of the top 5 most approved of governors in the country? https://morningconsult.com/2015/11/how-do-voters-feel-about-your-governor/ And didn't he win re-election with 70% of the vote in a slightly Democratic state? What would qualify as exceptionally popular?

This was going to be one of my list of possible good choices... not only is he popular he is on his last term as Nev has term limits for Gov.

So yea Brian Sandoval would be a good Choice.
You could say Susana Martinez Gov of New Mexico. A woman and hispanic but her popularity isn't near a good.
Mia Love House member from Utah. a black woman. but she has little experience so far.
Nikki Haley gov of S Carolina , popularity is fairly good.

Bottom Line though is if he is going to actually try and beat Hillary he needs someone who can help deliver a battleground state and help with minority vote and Sandoval does all of that.

Bernie Sanders. :mrgreen:

Actually I think Chris Christie is more likely.

So what you did was make a remark that Trump would chose one of his daughters for VP and based on your previous, multiple, disparaging comments on Trump, I took it at face value.

You backpedaled with the sarcasm after confronted on such. My remarks were regarding your post, not you, so you feel free to hit the triangle but you can quit trying to get me to shut up on that baseless accusation.

I'm sorry you were not able to see the irony and sarcasm in the statement. I'll not change the way I post because of your inabilities. If after explaining that the comment was sarcasm...you still do not see it, you might be in over your head here.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, my knowledge of the US Constitution is hardly encyclopaedic, but does he HAVE to nominate a VP candidate before the election? Does he HAVE to have a running mate? Or can he run alone and nominate a VP after he's won? Given his raging ego-mania, I'd have thought that he might believe that he is the only figurehead and focus that his campaign requires.

I'm sorry you were not able to see the irony and sarcasm in the statement. I'll not change the way I post because of your inabilities. If after explaining that the comment was sarcasm...you still do not see it, you might be in over your head here.

This is a political forum, not a fishing forum. You can stop trying to bait me, its not going to work.

Bernie Sanders. :mrgreen:

Actually I think Chris Christie is more likely.

Not if he has ANY political sense. But if he does choose Christie it may give more pull to those that think he is running specifically to give the election to the democrats.

Not if he has ANY political sense. But if he does choose Christie it may give more pull to those that think he is running specifically to give the election to the democrats.

Maybe he waiting till the convention before nominating his daughter, after all don't monarchs want to keep it in the Family and Trump is running for Emperor, or so he thinks he is.

View attachment 67200625

Who do you think?

3) Kasich - Ohio
8) Murkowski -
9) Other

Why not Carson ?

Who would WANT to be his running mate? Fiorina is egotistical enough to agree to be Ted's running mate, because it gives her national exposure when she could not attract it on her own otherwise. She may still harbor future ambitions although the nation rejected her, all nasty talk, poor track record.

Trumps address on foreign policy, what a joke! Nothing there, and he had to read slowly so he didn't screw up while saying basically NOTHING. When you see how weak he is on the issues, would a good bright politician with a future want to hitch his horse to the Trump wagon? Not that I can imagine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom