• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's time to IMPEACH Bush!

Kal-el,

Your Consortiumnews cite is dated November 12, 2001. For a more recent analysis, though not one to your liking, try this one:

"The unspoken truth of the 2000 election dispute in Florida is always ignored by the left: Gore never led; not on election night, not after any statewide recount, not after adding the votes from county hand recounts, and not even in the exhaustive statewide post-election recounts conducted by the major state and national newspapers (in almost all of which Bush wound up ahead when any consistent method of counting was used.) Pick your method of counting chads, and it doesn’t matter. Bush won. Another myth is that Gore simply wanted all the votes counted. This is absolutely false. Gore lawyers and their supporters attempted to disqualify votes of some military voters overseas, and of absentee voters in several Florida counties. Both groups, not surprisingly, strongly supported Bush."

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5104

"waged a war on jobs"??? Your cite offered in support of this assertion is from 2003. From your source, describing the article that you cited:

[THIS TESTIMONY WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE U.S. SENATE DEMOCRATIC POLICY COMMITTEE HEARING ON JUNE 6, 2003.]

Both of the sources you cite are quite a bit out of date. Got anything more recent to offer?

oldreliable67 said:
Kal-el,

Your Consortiumnews cite is dated November 12, 2001. For a more recent analysis, though not one to your liking, try this one:

"The unspoken truth of the 2000 election dispute in Florida is always ignored by the left: Gore never led; not on election night, not after any statewide recount, not after adding the votes from county hand recounts, and not even in the exhaustive statewide post-election recounts conducted by the major state and national newspapers (in almost all of which Bush wound up ahead when any consistent method of counting was used.) Pick your method of counting chads, and it doesn’t matter. Bush won. Another myth is that Gore simply wanted all the votes counted. This is absolutely false. Gore lawyers and their supporters attempted to disqualify votes of some military voters overseas, and of absentee voters in several Florida counties. Both groups, not surprisingly, strongly supported Bush."

"waged a war on jobs"??? Your cite offered in support of this assertion is from 2003. From your source, describing the article that you cited:

[THIS TESTIMONY WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE U.S. SENATE DEMOCRATIC POLICY COMMITTEE HEARING ON JUNE 6, 2003.]

Both of the sources you cite are quite a bit out of date. Got anything more recent to offer?

I don't get down to this forum very often, but it sure was refreshing reading some old reliable common sense for a change. Just a couple of further notes:

One of the major media outlets had given the state of Florida to Algore (I believe) by 6:30 PM some 1 1/2 hours before the polls were to close. People in the Florida panhandle watching this had given up hope in voting at all. This was and is Bush country. So not only did Bush lose thousands of votes there, but as you said--not counting the overseas military votes (majority Bush potentials) was also a crime and under-reported as well.

The question liblosers need to ask themselves is just what would this country look like had that lunatic Gore been elected (if we had a country at all).

Even Tony Blair's wife, stated that Bush stole the election:

LONDON: In a forthright view that is likely to embarrass her husband, Cherie Blair, wife of Prime Minister Tony Blair, is reported to have observed that George W Bush "stole" the US presidential election from Al Gore.

"Cherie Blair still believed that Bush had stolen the White House from Gore," author Philip Stephens wrote in his book "Tony Blair: The Making of a World Leader. "

Although Tony Blair was pragmatic about Bush's victory, Mrs Blair was far less sanguine about the Supreme Court decision that gave him the keys to the White House.

She believed Al Gore had been "robbed" of the presidency and was hostile to the idea of her husband "cosying" up to the new President.

Even as they flew to Washington for their first meeting with the presidential couple, Mrs Blair was in no mood to curry favour, the book stated.

The book's disclosures of Mrs Blair's forthright views will cause embarrassment in Downing Street, because of Blair's good working relations with Bush, and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, although they will not surprise officials or ministers who know her well.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/articleshow?msid=443220

Gore received alot more of the popular vote:
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/

Even though Gore lost the election, thanks to the Supreme Court, but if there would have been a statewide recount, which Florida law required, it is speculation whether Bush would have still won or not. Thousands of Gore voters, who were Afro-American btw, their votes were purged via Republican state officials.http://www.commondreams.org/views/120600-103.htm

oldreliable67 said:
Kal-el,

Nice site but notice how it is a .com which means that it could just be the random opinion of the person writing it. I've recently decided that no one will ever no what the hell happened down in Florida for sure. However I recently came upon a nice site that you all may want to take a look at

www.nov2truth.org

Che said:
Nice site but notice how it is a .com which means that it could just be the random opinion of the person writing it. I've recently decided that no one will ever no what the hell happened down in Florida for sure. However I recently came upon a nice site that you all may want to take a look at

www.nov2truth.org
Riiiiiight...

If I name my site www.cnredd.com, it's just opinion, but if I create a "foundation" I can change it to www.cnredd.org, which makes what I write MUCH more credible...:roll:

Che said:

www.nov2truth.org

A .org with "truth" in the URL?! Finally! After all these year of confusion and searching for answers, you've provided a site with nothing but unbiased and 100% truth! Thank you, Che! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've spent countless, sleepless nights wondering who legally won and now you have settled it. Again, thank you, you don't know how much this means to me. Don't listen to cnredd or any of the naysayers, Che. I think that, together, you and I armed with the TRUTH can spread the word to the brainwashed drones of these forums.

Would you by any chance happen to have a link to a similar site concerning 9/11? This is another issue that deeply troubles me for my feeble brain cannot discern who really attacked us on that day.

Last edited:
Hmmm, Moveon.ORG may just be far more credible now using that logic.

A. The Constitution clearly grants the Congress the power to declare war, in Article 1, Section 8. The President, however, is just as clearly made the Commander in Chief of all of the armed forces, in Article 2, Section 2. That having been said, the ability to defend the nation or to take military action has often not involved the Congress directly, and the President's role as "C-in-C" is often part of the reason for that.

What this has resulted in is the essential ability of the President to order forces into hostilities to repel invasion or counter an attack, without a formal declaration of war. The conduct of war is the domain of the President.

http://www.usconstitution.com

I like how the Bush administration has taken this and conformed it to how they want.

Originally posted by alphieb:
A. The Constitution clearly grants the Congress the power to declare war, in Article 1, Section 8. The President, however, is just as clearly made the Commander in Chief of all of the armed forces, in Article 2, Section 2. That having been said, the ability to defend the nation or to take military action has often not involved the Congress directly, and the President's role as "C-in-C" is often part of the reason for that.

What this has resulted in is the essential ability of the President to order forces into hostilities to repel invasion or counter an attack, without a formal declaration of war. The conduct of war is the domain of the President.

http://www.usconstitution.com

I like how the Bush administration has taken this and conformed it to how they want.
The President is only C-in-C when Congress authorizes him to be that. Which is in a state of war.

Ironside said:
IMPEACH BUSH MOVEMENT!

Bush has failed us in oh so many ways.

Our "National Guard" is stuck fighting in a nation (QUAGMIRE) called Iraq instead of tending to domestic affairs, as needed.

Hurricane Katrina has OVERWHELMED this Government, as did the WTC attacks on 9/11/01!

FEMA Director Brown, who Bush told "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job" 5 days after Hurricane Katrina hit, has resigned and who does Bush appoint as interim Director? David Paulison, the frickin' "duct tape and plastic sheathing, in the case of chemical attack", guy!

Oh boy, don't we feel safe now! NOT!

My goodness George Bush hadn't even seen any footage and didn't have any idea how serious Hurricane Katrina was until the NEXT DAY!

Mississippi still hasn't been tended to by FEMA in many areas.

Hurricane Katrina has shown America and the world the readiness of the United States in case of an emergency. You'd think 4 years after 9/11 we'd have done MUCH BETTER than we did. The Bush Administration has FAILED US AGAIN!

How much more should we have to endure of this President? How long can Rightwing America condone his EVERY MOVE?

Where's the OUTRAGE?

President Bush kicks your butt at the ballot box so you try and impeach him.........Go for it, see how far you get............:roll:

Billo_Really said:
The President is only C-in-C when Congress authorizes him to be that. Which is in a state of war.

Did congress declare war? Did Bush care what the Dems or the American people thought? Why, because he is a King.

Come on, ya'll. kal-el says Bush stole the election. Michael Moore told him so. That's it. Period. kal-el, I have a question. I've been gone for awhile. What is the latest on the impeachment?

alphieb said:
Did congress declare war? Did Bush care what the Dems or the American people thought? Why, because he is a King.
Who says he's a king? Oh that's right, you do.

alphieb said:

A King?? I have no problem with people who dislike Bush but if you seriously believe he is a monarch then I'm concerned for your mental well being.

Actually this country rarely declares war.........The last time it happened was WW2...........The senate almost unanimously gave the president the authority to attack Iraq though............Where is your outrage against them?

I actually wish there was a declaration of war.......That would make it much easier to monitor the activities of terrorists..........

Originally Posted by alphieb
He's not a king. But he has certainly brought this country back to being as close to a monarchy in two hundred years.

Billo_Really said:
He's not a king. But he has certainly brought this country back to being as close to a monarchy in two hundred years.

Actually I think FDR holds that honor but you're entitled to your opinion.

Originally posted by The Real McCoy:
I can't argue with you there. Your statement does have merit.

The Real McCoy said:

suprisingly, I agree.

But it was during a time of war so he could do anything he wanted right?

Back
Top Bottom