• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's time to IMPEACH Bush!

Iraq votes on a Constitution while others in the USA want to throw theirs away....

UPDATE...

10-16-05...

Bush is STILL not impeached...
:2wave:

I would not pay any attention of Canucks poll. He specifically stated 1001 people were polled. Now that is not a significant amount of people to have a scientific poll from america, dont you say, and im sure most were polled in LA!

AK_Conservative said:
I would not pay any attention of Canucks poll. He specifically stated 1001 people were polled. Now that is not a significant amount of people to have a scientific poll from america, dont you say, and im sure most were polled in LA!

1001 people is enough to be accurate within 4%.

The real question should be, does public opinion matter for anything at all?

Nope....

UPDATE...

10-17-05...

paidforbythecommitteetoannoythepeoplewhobelievethisthreadstitle

Its not the 1001 people that were polled that makes this poll screwy and useless, it is the form of the question that was asked. According to CanDuck, the question was:

"If President Bush did not tell the truth about his reasons for going to war with Iraq, Congress should consider holding him accountable by impeaching him."

Clearly, the underlying question is "If Bush lied , should he be impeached?" To the question, "If [any Presidents name] lied..." should he be impeached, most Americans will immediately reply in the affirmative, without giving it a second thought.

Obviously a slanted poll. Substitute any President's name and you should expect roughly similar results. Useless. Zero information content. More :bs

Exactly what I said in an earlier post.

Of course, I don't know how to make the font bold :lol:

SixStringHero said:
Exactly what I said in an earlier post.

Of course, I don't know how to make the font bold :lol:

It also does matter on where the poll was taken place.. all throughout the country or in a specific region.. ect.

AK_Conservative said:
It also does matter on where the poll was taken place.. all throughout the country or in a specific region.. ect.

Every major poll of this size is nationwide.

cnredd it's the 18th and I don't know if bush has been impeached yet ???

Calm2Chaos said:
cnredd it's the 18th and I don't know if bush has been impeached yet ???
:rofl I don't know either...let me check....

UPDATE...

10-18-05...

cnredd said:
:rofl I don't know either...let me check....

UPDATE...

10-18-05...

Hey cnredd I love the updates keep them coming. It will help the mental disorders out on whats going on in society today.

SKILMATIC said:
Hey cnredd I love the updates keep them coming. It will help the mental disorders out on whats going on in society today.

You guys might be laping it all up with a smile now, but when the Democrats take over Congress in 2006, and if they have the balls to bring up charges against Bush, we might have the last laugh.

kal-el said:
You guys might be laping it all up with a smile now, but when the Democrats take over Congress in 2006, and if they have the balls to bring up charges against Bush, we might have the last laugh.
Even IF that were true, the title would still be a lie...

According to the title...The time to impeach is NOW...It doesn't mention 2006...

For that to be incorrect for months and then be right one day in the future still makes it a false statement...

And I wouldn't call "impeaching the President" a "last laugh"...The last President left a stain on the office(pun intended)...You think doing the same to the following President will somehow be a positive...That's insulting to the Constitution and the office in general...

The "take that!" attitude is what hurts the country...an attitude displayed repeatedly by some members on the left side of the aisle...

cnredd said:
Even IF that were true, the title would still be a lie...

According to the title...The time to impeach is NOW...It doesn't mention 2006...

For that to be incorrect for months and then be right one day in the future still makes it a false statement...

And I wouldn't call "impeaching the President" a "last laugh"...The last President left a stain on the office(pun intended)...You think doing the same to the following President will somehow be a positive...That's insulting to the Constitution and the office in general...

The "take that!" attitude is what hurts the country...an attitude displayed repeatedly by some members on the left side of the aisle...

Insulting to the Constitution? What about waging a completely illegal Anglo-American war on a totally soverign nation? Our founding fathers would most likely detest this President. O man,we impeached Clinton for lying about sexual relations with a damn intern, Bush lied, cost us over 1,900 US ives, waged a war on the economy of the US, made us the laughing stock of much of the world, fell asleep while deficits mounted,not to mention, obligated us to stay the course in this useless quagmire in which he was responsible. He is the captain of a sinking ship.

kal-el said:
Insulting to the Constitution? What about waging a completely illegal Anglo-American war on a totally soverign nation? Our founding fathers would most likely detest this President. O man,we impeached Clinton for lying about sexual relations with a damn intern, Bush lied, cost us over 1,900 US ives, waged a war on the economy of the US, made us the laughing stock of much of the world, fell asleep while deficits mounted,not to mention, obligated us to stay the course in this useless quagmire in which he was responsible. He is the captain of a sinking ship.
And then we go back to the venom and misrepresentation....

War is illegal...Clinton got impeached over a BJ...same old, same old...

Got anything new?...Or do we just go back to same old partisan rhetoric?...:roll:

This is a debate site...One would hope you would have learned something in your time here...I guess old habits die hard...

cnredd said:
And then we go back to the venom and misrepresentation....

War is illegal...Clinton got impeached over a BJ...same old, same old...

Got anything new?...Or do we just go back to same old partisan rhetoric?...:roll:

This is a debate site...One would hope you would have learned something in your time here...I guess old habits die hard...

What are you talking about?

kal-el said:

Anglo- American war?
WTF are you talking about?

SixStringHero said:
Anglo- American war?
WTF are you talking about?

Methinks the Bush basher in question has a cape in his eyes or perhaps his leotard has cut off blood to his head:mrgreen:

the lefties have been spewing the "bush lied" nonsense for two years now-we never heard them claim clinton and his cadre lied when they said the exact same thing about WMD (and don't even claim it was due to bush hoodwinking them-they were saying that when Bush was still governor of Texas)

I thought I'd throw this out early...

I'm crossing my fingers and praying it stays true all day...

I don't want to jump the gun here...It's too important for that...

UPDATE...

10-19-05...

TurtleDude said:
Methinks the Bush basher in question has a cape in his eyes or perhaps his leotard has cut off blood to his head:mrgreen:

Haha, that's funny. Whenever Bush speaks about "evildoers", I expect him to don a cape and fly off stage.

the lefties have been spewing the "bush lied" nonsense for two years now-we never heard them claim clinton and his cadre lied when they said the exact same thing about WMD (and don't even claim it was due to bush hoodwinking them-they were saying that when Bush was still governor of Texas)

Ok, Clinton may have said that, but he didn't take us into a grossly, absurdly, exaggerated, hyped-up, war, that had nothing to do with terrorsim. That's all your boy Bush.

kal-el said:
Haha, that's funny. Whenever Bush speaks about "evildoers", I expect him to don a cape and fly off stage.

Ok, Clinton may have said that, but he didn't take us into a grossly, absurdly, exaggerated, hyped-up, war, that had nothing to do with terrorsim. That's all your boy Bush.

This is a logical failing that many lefties have. If you were logical you should debate whether the war was a justified response to the claim that SH had WMD. To claim that a CLinton utterance that SH had WMD is not a lie because of how CLINTON proceeded and then claim that the SAME STATEMENTS made by the Bush administration are lies BASED ON how the Bush Administration (and the dems who voted with him) reacted to that belief is specious.

you dems should have admitted that reasonable people of both parties believed that SH had WMD but then argue that an invasion was not a sound response rather than trying to claim that Bush's statements about Iraq are somehow wrong or lies while ignoring what the Clinton Administration said

TurtleDude said:
This is a logical failing that many lefties have. If you were logical you should debate whether the war was a justified response to the claim that SH had WMD. To claim that a CLinton utterance that SH had WMD is not a lie because of how CLINTON proceeded and then claim that the SAME STATEMENTS made by the Bush administration are lies BASED ON how the Bush Administration (and the dems who voted with him) reacted to that belief is specious.

You mighty righties sure sound like broken records, get a new tune. You're always quick to blame "lefties" over this mess your President made, your President lied to go to war (which is a betrayal moraly), and your politicians sit by while they allow torture and imprisonment without trial in countries that never did nor do not pose a threat to the US.
That is not patriotism, thats a cold fact, its you right wing extremeist wingnuts who have ****ed up the nation so now you have to go.

you dems should have admitted that reasonable people of both parties believed that SH had WMD but then argue that an invasion was not a sound response rather than trying to claim that Bush's statements about Iraq are somehow wrong or lies while ignoring what the Clinton Administration said

It really dosen't matter what the Dems said, they're not the damn President, therefore, not accountable for this bloody mess. The truth is, either the Democrats would fall in line behind the President on this, or be tarred by Republicans as Saddam lover's, or traitor's. Actually, the more the country talked about Iraq,meant the less we talked about the lousy economy, or corporate scandals, or Bush's unpopular social, environmental, and of course, fiscal policies.

cnredd said:
I thought I'd throw this out early...

I'm crossing my fingers and praying it stays true all day...

I don't want to jump the gun here...It's too important for that...

UPDATE...

10-19-05...

Good call cnredd... way to go out on the limb there

"Actually, the more the country talked about Iraq,meant the less we talked about the lousy economy, or corporate scandals, or Bush's unpopular social, environmental, and of course, fiscal policies."

^
^
^
The lousy economy you speak of was an inherent ed recession from the previous administration. This is a well known fact. Take into account 9/11 and that didn't really help out the already ailing economy now did it?

Also, outsourcing was in decline 3 years prior to Bush taking office.

http://www.factcheck.org/article234.html

Back
Top Bottom