• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's time to IMPEACH Bush!

Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
929
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not having such a good time of it with your recent presidents are you?
Well there you go.In a "democracy" you get the "leaders" you deserve!
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
GySgt said:
Don't they subscribe to the "PC" garbage now and refer to it as an "act of nature?"

Probably. I haven't been keeping hip to the latest insurance jargon. I remember once when I was buying car insurance, the agent was giving me a disclaimer on "acts of God".
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
26,272
Reaction score
11,631
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
ban.the.electoral.college said:
Probably. I haven't been keeping hip to the latest insurance jargon. I remember once when I was buying car insurance, the agent was giving me a disclaimer on "acts of God".


I'm not arguing. I remember a time when it was called that too. I would just be surprised if it still was.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Calm2Chaos said:
Has he been impeached yet??

:rofl
I'm sorry...I haven't given the update as of yet...

UPDATE...

10-07-05...

Bush is STILL not impeached...
:2wave:
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
26,272
Reaction score
11,631
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
cnredd said:
I'm sorry...I haven't given the update as of yet...

UPDATE...

10-07-05...

Bush is STILL not impeached...
:2wave:


I'm sick of this suspense.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
cnredd said:
I'm sorry...I haven't given the update as of yet...

UPDATE...

10-07-05...

Bush is STILL not impeached...
:2wave:

Please be more timely with the updates. I depend on them to keep me ...well...........updated
 

AK_Conservative

Active member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Eagle River, Alaska
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
ban.the.electoral.college said:
Wrong again pea brain. It's absurd to think that Bush "caused" Katrina. Katrina was an act of god. But, the catastrophic social negligence which followed, was an act of man.

However, you're right about baning the electoral college, and the words are music to my ears. Imagine a day when your votes actually mean something!


I think you misinterpreted his point ban! He ment cuased the damage! Which, in reality, was due to the local and state levels not acting accordingly! To say it was Bush's fault is absurd! Though there is some blame on the fed government, it majority of the blame is the state and local! During Huricane Rita, the mayor of NO told these people to come back, that it was safe! What if Rita demolished that area? You still would have blammed bush with your asinine rhetoric!

Secondly, you want to ban the electoral college! Now wasnt you one of those brainless individuals that said Roberts would eliminate the bill of rights? Yet, there is absolutely no proof to that whatsoever! But here you are, trying to remove a vital piece of our constitution when you have no real understanding on what the electoral college does! The electoral college protects against tyranny of the majority, it preserves Federalism, recounts would be considerably easier, and so on! The only reason you want the electoral college abolished is becuase you can not let go of the fact that al gore lost in 2000 due to the electoral college! Now it is you who is trying to deminish our constitution!
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
ban.the.electoral.college said:
Wrong again pea brain. It's absurd to think that Bush "caused" Katrina. Katrina was an act of god. But, the catastrophic social negligence which followed, was an act of man.

However, you're right about baning the electoral college, and the words are music to my ears. Imagine a day when your votes actually mean something!
Actually, the social negligence which followed was an act of WOman...But that would negate your Bush hating angle, so why mention it, eh?...:doh
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
26,272
Reaction score
11,631
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
AK_Conservative said:
Secondly, you want to ban the electoral college! Now wasnt you one of those brainless individuals that said Roberts would eliminate the bill of rights? Yet, there is absolutely no proof to that whatsoever! But here you are, trying to remove a vital piece of our constitution when you have no real understanding on what the electoral college does! The electoral college protects against tyranny of the majority, it preserves Federalism, recounts would be considerably easier, and so on! The only reason you want the electoral college abolished is becuase you can not let go of the fact that al gore lost in 2000 due to the electoral college! Now it is you who is trying to deminish our constitution!


Very well said. Everytime I see your name I think of the Kalashnikov.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
AK_Conservative said:
I think you misinterpreted his point ban! He ment cuased the damage! Which, in reality, was due to the local and state levels not acting accordingly! To say it was Bush's fault is absurd! Though there is some blame on the fed government, it majority of the blame is the state and local! During Huricane Rita, the mayor of NO told these people to come back, that it was safe! What if Rita demolished that area? You still would have blammed bush with your asinine rhetoric!

A couple of days ago, Bush held a press conference and he accepted all of the blame for the incompetent response at the federal level. He was very clear on this, so there's really no need to rush to his defense.

As for the cause of damage, it's two fold. The obvious I will refrain from mentioning. The more important cause to mention is the neglect at the federal, state and local levels. When Bush created the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA was subsequently encompassed in this policy change. Also, FEMA's focus was shifted from emergency response to terrorism in spite of having plenty of more specialized organizations better suited to combat terrorism. Then, Bush appoints an equally incompetent crony to oversee the administration of this vital organization. So yes, Bush is to blame and he agrees!

AK_Conservative said:
Secondly, you want to ban the electoral college!

Thanks, I knew that. :lol:

AK_Conservative said:
Now wasnt you one of those brainless individuals that said Roberts would eliminate the bill of rights? Yet, there is absolutely no proof to that whatsoever!

No, I was not.

AK_Conservative said:
But here you are, trying to remove a vital piece of our constitution when you have no real understanding on what the electoral college does!

The electoral college is an out dated means of supplying elected representatives who can vote for the masses. It was created for the lack of public access to information. At the time, it was thought that states could elect a person who had access to information on politics who would subsequently make an informed decision when voting. This was 218 years ago, a time when information was no where near as accessible as today.


AK_Conservative said:
The electoral college protects against tyranny of the majority, it preserves Federalism, recounts would be considerably easier, and so on!

The tyranny of the majority? Are you referring to the "tyrannous majority" of American citizens? If that is what you believe, then your argument is absurd.

AK_Conservative said:
The only reason you want the electoral college abolished is because you can not let go of the fact that al gore lost in 2000 due to the electoral college! Now it is you who is trying to diminish our constitution!

Abolishing the electoral college would restore voting power to the people. We live in an age where information is easily accessible unlike the day and age of 218 years ago when the US Constitution was originally framed.
 

SixStringHero

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
1,612
Reaction score
156
Location
Southwest
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
"Abolishing the electoral college would restore voting power to the people. We live in an age where information is easily accessible unlike the day and age of 218 years ago when the US Constitution was originally framed."

^
Banning the Electoral College would grant precedence to predominantly liberal coastal states with denser populations precedence over the rest of the country. This isn't necessarily a good way to go about it.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
SixStringHero said:
"Abolishing the electoral college would restore voting power to the people. We live in an age where information is easily accessible unlike the day and age of 218 years ago when the US Constitution was originally framed."

^
Banning the Electoral College would grant precedence to predominantly liberal coastal states with denser populations precedence over the rest of the country. This isn't necessarily a good way to go about it.
Agreed...

Banning the Electoral College would make smaller populated states like Utah, Montana, Wyoming, etc. irrelevant in the election process...

And how do most of the smaller populated states vote?...

We now come to the heart of the matter...

Nothing like a little taxation without representation for the Liberals to corner the market, eh?
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
SixStringHero said:
"Abolishing the electoral college would restore voting power to the people. We live in an age where information is easily accessible unlike the day and age of 218 years ago when the US Constitution was originally framed."

^
Banning the Electoral College would grant precedence to predominantly liberal coastal states with denser populations precedence over the rest of the country. This isn't necessarily a good way to go about it.

And, What do you find so wrong about having a true and acurate reflection of the majority? States would still have equal representation before Congress.
 

Caine

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
23,428
Reaction score
7,226
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
AK_Conservative said:
I think you misinterpreted his point ban! He ment cuased the damage! Which, in reality, was due to the local and state levels not acting accordingly! To say it was Bush's fault is absurd! Though there is some blame on the fed government, it majority of the blame is the state and local! During Huricane Rita, the mayor of NO told these people to come back, that it was safe! What if Rita demolished that area? You still would have blammed bush with your asinine rhetoric!

Secondly, you want to ban the electoral college! Now wasnt you one of those brainless individuals that said Roberts would eliminate the bill of rights? Yet, there is absolutely no proof to that whatsoever! But here you are, trying to remove a vital piece of our constitution when you have no real understanding on what the electoral college does! The electoral college protects against tyranny of the majority, it preserves Federalism, recounts would be considerably easier, and so on! The only reason you want the electoral college abolished is becuase you can not let go of the fact that al gore lost in 2000 due to the electoral college! Now it is you who is trying to deminish our constitution!

This is why you don't blame people for natural disasters.
The damage is NOBODY'S fault.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
ban.the.electoral.college said:
And, What do you find so wrong about having a true and acurate reflection of the majority? States would still have equal representation before Congress.
Not true and accuarate at all...

I'll throw out a scaled down version....

Let's say there are 5 states...California, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Utah...California is overtly Democrat...the other four overtly Republican...If they ALL had equal voter populations, you'd never see a Democratic President ever again...But that's not the case...quite the opposite...

Since California's voter population outweighs the other four states combined, there would be no need to campaign in any of them...Why push for 500,000 votes across thousands of square miles when you can push to get that in San Diego alone?...No one will go there...

Now AFTER the election, who will the winner pander to?...The people who got him in there...No representation whatsoever on the Executive level from the four states that were deemed irrelevant...California would be catered to and the rest of the country could go scratch...

Currently, populations of the top 10 states outweigh the remaining 40...If there was no Electoral College, the same scenario mentioned above would come into play...The nominees would see no reason to go to unpopulated areas when they could get more votes just by going to the states where there are large cities...

And guess who resides in most of the large cities?...That's right...The entitlement Liberals!

That's the whole thrust of your argument....A thinly veiled way to marginalize the "flyover" states and focus on the places where Liberals live...
 

RightinNYC

Girthless
DP Veteran
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
25,893
Reaction score
12,484
Location
New York, NY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
cnredd said:
Not true and accuarate at all...

I'll throw out a scaled down version....

Let's say there are 5 states...California, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Utah...California is overtly Democrat...the other four overtly Republican...If they ALL had equal voter populations, you'd never see a Democratic President ever again...But that's not the case...quite the opposite...

Since California's voter population outweighs the other four states combined, there would be no need to campaign in any of them...Why push for 500,000 votes across thousands of square miles when you can push to get that in San Diego alone?...No one will go there...

Now AFTER the election, who will the winner pander to?...The people who got him in there...No representation whatsoever on the Executive level from the four states that were deemed irrelevant...California would be catered to and the rest of the country could go scratch...

Currently, populations of the top 10 states outweigh the remaining 40...If there was no Electoral College, the same scenario mentioned above would come into play...The nominees would see no reason to go to unpopulated areas when they could get more votes just by going to the states where there are large cities...

And guess who resides in most of the large cities?...That's right...The entitlement Liberals!

That's the whole thrust of your argument....A thinly veiled way to marginalize the "flyover" states and focus on the places where Liberals live...

Remember how crazy the florida recount was? Now imagine that, nationwide. That's what would happen without the electoral college.
 

SKILMATIC

Banned
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
3,407
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Aryan Imperium said:
Not having such a good time of it with your recent presidents are you?
Well there you go.In a "democracy" you get the "leaders" you deserve!

Would it be ok to the moderators here if I totally could decimate this guy every time he posted? He is a aryan spic which were the ones who cause WW1 and WW2. I dont respect these individuals at all neither should we tolerate it.
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
SKILMATIC said:
Would it be ok to the moderators here if I totally could decimate this guy every time he posted? He is a aryan spic which were the ones who cause WW1 and WW2. I dont respect these individuals at all neither should we tolerate it.

that guy knows nothing

America isnt a democracy its a hypocracy

the ELITE run america's political parties
 

SKILMATIC

Banned
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
3,407
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Canuck said:
that guy knows nothing

America isnt a democracy its a hypocracy

the ELITE run america's political parties

Although I beleive that our gov doesnt care about anyone do you know what we are?

Listen you have to use common sense. These people only care for one thing and thats money. To attain it some people do bad things some do not so bad things. But its only common sense to conclude the only reason why they help people is becasue america right now still has the power to overthrow the gov. When they remove the right to bear arms is when america will be no more. And we are slowly coming to that.
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
SKILMATIC said:
Although I beleive that our gov doesnt care about anyone do you know what we are?

Listen you have to use common sense. These people only care for one thing and thats money. To attain it some people do bad things some do not so bad things. But its only common sense to conclude the only reason why they help people is becasue america right now still has the power to overthrow the gov. When they remove the right to bear arms is when america will be no more. And we are slowly coming to that.

yes it true
but to have the power and to use it is a differnet ball of wax
having the power but never using it untill you no longer have it is like saying look at my nice corvette I put a 4 cyl into her

you dont need guns the riots it newark,LA ,detroit were undertaken out of rage the people didnt care if they had guns or not
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
SKILMATIC said:
Would it be ok to the moderators here if I totally could decimate this guy every time he posted? He is a aryan spic which were the ones who cause WW1 and WW2. I dont respect these individuals at all neither should we tolerate it.

Sorry tolerating everyone's voice is kind of a cornerstone American rights and liberty. As long as he follows the forum rules he can say whatever darn fool thing he wishes.
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
SADly i agree freedoms over rule
aryan and his arian dreams have got a right like everyone else

mabe skillmatic can rattle some sense into him
I sure cant
 

SKILMATIC

Banned
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
3,407
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Pacridge said:
Sorry tolerating everyone's voice is kind of a cornerstone American rights and liberty. As long as he follows the forum rules he can say whatever darn fool thing he wishes.

Dam!!! How is he following any rules from saying he supports hitler and that the US should be rubbish? To me thats going against every rule there is in the book. But of course liberalism is a mental disorder
 

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
ban.the.electoral.college said:
:2razz: So, are you saying you think Katrina was an act of Bush?


No, as much as I dislike him, I don't think he had anything to do with it. IMO, it was an act of nature, not "God."

I said it was an act of God, because that's how insurance companies describe a hurricane, hence they do not have to insure homes, cars, etc., affected by it.

Bin Laden also said it was "Allah". Allah was making the Americans pay for occupying Iraq?
 
Top Bottom