• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's time for Trump to concede and move on

I am glad to see the OP has come to her senses. That's a great step toward acknowledging reality. It took a long time in 2000 for the Democrats to come into reality. Some of them still today don't recognize Bush as the winner of the 2000 election. It's always best to move on and hope the next President will push us in the right direction.

There is absolutely no reason to fight on. They have lost pretty much every single case and have no pathway to victory. Their only avenue left is hoping that Democratic electors in unpledged states revolt against Biden. That's the only path.

I am glad to see the OP has come to her senses. That's a great step toward acknowledging reality. It took a long time in 2000 for the Democrats to come into reality. Some of them still today don't recognize Bush as the winner of the 2000 election. It's always best to move on and hope the next President will push us in the right direction.

There is absolutely no reason to fight on. They have lost pretty much every single case and have no pathway to victory. Their only avenue left is hoping that Democratic electors in unpledged states revolt against Biden. That's the only path.

There is no benefit to Republicans or Donald Trump to concede, even if there was no election fraud or they lose their case in court.

Last edited:
Please don't make the mistake that article writer makes. There is absolutely NO reason for the Trump campaign to present any evidence to the public. The public is not a party to their lawsuits. Public opinion will not affect the outcome of any lawsuits. Just because the Trump campaign won't detail their evidence in any public forum, that does NOT mean there is no evidence.

Instead of counseling giving up and conceding, I suggest you wait and see how it plays out.

Strongly disagree. The Trump campaign is telling the public one thing and doing the direct opposite. That's called dishonesty and trying to undermine our democracy and trying to create chaos. If you're going to tell the public something is true, you need to explain to us the evidence. Otherwise, don't claim you have something, you don't. What you're arguing here goes against logic and the laws of argumentation.

Parting ways with most of the Trump supporters who think there was election fraud. It's crystal clear that there is no evidence. Supposedly, Trump's legal team has it and will prove their case in a court of law within the next two weeks, but it seems highly doubtful that any of their evidence will amount to a hill of beans.

I watched the damn left parading their wares, still parading their wares, and hatefully pretending Trump wasn't legitimately elected, blah, blah, and more blah for the last four years. I'm not going to be like them. Biden won. Time to give him a chance to succeed because if I personally don't want him to succeed, I want my country to fail. I'm not in that camp.

Though I didn't vote for Trump, (for my own personal reasons), I gave him every chance to prove me wrong. He did in the ways that I think is important for the country to go forward; the judicial SC picks, the economy, ending wars, and putting the needs of American workers first. He made mistakes and he triumphed despite a huge orchestrated wall of resistance up against him, but let's not also pretend that his predecessor or successor didn't or won't make mistakes.

I'll leave you with this editorial authored by The Washington Examiner that explains why President Trump should now move on, and concede. To me it's about putting all efforts forth on the GA. senate race...

All comments welcome.

That needs repeating.

There is no benefit to Republicans or Donald Trump to concede, even if there was no election fraud.

You have to explain this line of thought.

The concession speech has been time-honored tradition and respecting the office of the presidency. I can't think of a single major political candidate that didn't give a concession speech after losing the election. Can you?

Why fight on, when you have no case and are simply lying to the American people and completely like a complete fool?

They are answering the flood of media nonsense demanding that Trump concede.

His investigation isn't destroying the world's trust in our election process. It's revealing the corruption perpetrated on our election process. In any event, "the world's trust" is of minor importance compared to that very corruption in our own country.

You act like NeverTrumpers don't exist. :ROFLMAO:

Quite possibly if it weren't for the fact Trump for four years he's less than honest in so many directions I've lost count, he'd be taken more seriously. I mean the man couldn't even testify in court because his own attorney's flat out knew he'd perjure himself. He take zero responsibility for anything. Well unless it's something he thinks puts a feather in his cap. Then he'll grab on and scream it off a mountain top. Before i completely jumped the train I had serious concerns that all his hogwash crap about crowd sizes, rigged this or rigged that would eliminate people being able to trust him about anything. And I'm not talking about the people who would drowned so he could stand on their shoulders in a flood.

And then whattaya know! The exact same person is now filling the courts with nonsense lawsuits, standing in front of cameras on national tv telling people he won the election. It's pure insanity.

He lost. His court cases are falling down around him. It's over. Done. The end.

Nope.

The election fraud has to be dealt with first.
"Reuters) - A federal judge on Saturday dismissed a lawsuit critical to President Donald Trump’s long-shot bid to overturn his Nov. 3 election loss to Democratic President-elect Joe Biden, calling his legal claim a “Frankenstein’s Monster.”

Remember what you said?

The concession speech has been time-honored tradition and respecting the office of the presidency. I can't think of a single major political candidate that didn't give a concession speech after losing the election. Can you?

Why fight on, when you have no case and are simply lying to the American people and completely like a complete fool?

How do you know there is no case? Most issues have not even been presented to court and may not until a state does certify their election.

If someone steals my lawnmower, I later see it 3 blocks away but can't prove it was mine, does that mean my lawnmower wasn't stolen? Most criminals do get away with the crime. Most companies do. Most rich people do. Most people in government do. Most police do. That doesn't mean there was no crime or that the person or company didn't commit that crime.

Parting ways with most of the Trump supporters who think there was election fraud. It's crystal clear that there is no evidence. Supposedly, Trump's legal team has it and will prove their case in a court of law within the next two weeks, but it seems highly doubtful that any of their evidence will amount to a hill of beans.

I watched the damn left parading their wares, still parading their wares, and hatefully pretending Trump wasn't legitimately elected, blah, blah, and more blah for the last four years. I'm not going to be like them. Biden won. Time to give him a chance to succeed because if I personally don't want him to succeed, I want my country to fail. I'm not in that camp.

Though I didn't vote for Trump, (for my own personal reasons), I gave him every chance to prove me wrong. He did in the ways that I think is important for the country to go forward; the judicial SC picks, the economy, ending wars, and putting the needs of American workers first. He made mistakes and he triumphed despite a huge orchestrated wall of resistance up against him, but let's not also pretend that his predecessor or successor didn't or won't make mistakes.

I'll leave you with this editorial authored by The Washington Examiner that explains why President Trump should now move on, and concede. To me it's about putting all efforts forth on the GA. senate race...

All comments welcome.

While I can appreciate your position, I don't agree with it...at this point in time.

As I pointed out elsewhere, I voted for Al Gore back in 2000, and he did not concede until 12/13/2000. 12/13/2020 is still 23 days in the future, and I think it's best to let Trump have his day in Court before we decide when or if HE should concede.

I don't know if the legal cases his team have filed will result in an ultimate victory, or a simple defeat, but if I was willing to wait to find out my guy lost back in 2000, I can do so today.

However, I am not a "die-hard" in the sense that if he doesn't have a case, then IMO he should concede and not try any shenanigans.

If he does "lose" then he can run again in 2024, after we see how the Democrats do over the next 4 years.

How do you know there is no case? Most issues have not even been presented to court and may not until a state does certify their election.

If someone steals my lawnmower, I later see it 3 blocks away but can't prove it was mine, does that mean my lawnmower wasn't stolen? Most criminals do get away with the crime. Most companies do. Most rich people do. Most people in government do. Most police do. That doesn't mean there was no crime or that the person or company didn't commit that crime.

Don't want to be mean here, but look at the news. Trump's legal team has lost pretty much every single case. They have yet to show any evidence of widespread voter fraud and irregularities. Trump's own government officials couldn't find any meaningful fraud either.

While I can appreciate your position, I don't agree with it...at this point in time.

As I pointed out elsewhere, I voted for Al Gore back in 2000, and he did not concede until 12/13/2000. 12/13/2020 is still 23 days in the future, and I think it's best to let Trump have his day in Court before we decide when or if HE should concede.

I don't know if the legal cases his team have filed will result in an ultimate victory, or a simple defeat, but if I was willing to wait to find out my guy lost back in 2000, I can do so today.

However, I am not a "die-hard" in the sense that if he doesn't have a case, then IMO he should concede and not try any shenanigans.

If he does "lose" then he can run again in 2024, after we see how the Democrats do over the next 4 years.

I voted for Gore as well. I will try from this moment on to remember that my candidate at the time did not concede until well into December. Thank you for the reminder. I am feeling more confused than ever.

I will reexamine my reason for making this thread. Perhaps it comes down to this...it's because I don't want Trump, and those of us who support him to lower ourselves to their level.

For many of my true friends... @Bullseye, @CharisRose... and many that escape my mind at the moment. Forgive me...but you know who you are.
I don't want my president, and we who support this wonderful leader to sink to the level of his resistors....

I voted for Gore as well. I will try from this moment on to remember that my candidate at the time did not concede until well into December. Thank you for the reminder. I am feeling more confused than ever.

I will reexamine my reason for making this thread. Perhaps it comes down to this...it's because I don't want Trump, and those of us who support him to lower ourselves to their level.

For many of my true friends... @Bullseye, @CharisRose... and many that escape my mind at the moment. Forgive me...but you know who you are.
I don't want my president, and we who support this wonderful leader to sink to the level of his resistors....
You're much too late for that I'm afraid. Trump has already lowered himself to levels hitherto undreamt of for an american president. The only question now is whether Biden will be able to wipe away the stain he has left on the office.

Personally, I rather doubt it.

Here's the issue: Trump had his days in court and lost. He has no pathway to victory and offering no evidence of widespread voter fraud or irregularities. Even if Trump wins his lawsuits, he still doesn't win the White House. That's the reality.

Gore had a legit argument with the "under votes". He went to court got it reviewed and lost. Florida was the only undecided state, and whoever won that state, got over 270.

I respect your right to voice your opinion, Trix. I’m giving Trump’s team a little more leeway, however. my math and programming background aren’t satisfied as yet. I do, however think Trump and his team should start cutting biden’s boys in on briefings, etc.

Love you, Bullseye.
Perhaps that is why we have a genuine friendship IRL.

Mutual respect even though at times, not often, albeit, we've disagreed.

Nothing more in the world do I want now than to agree with you. Lots of tears, lots of self-introspection, but I just can't see where this is headed.

That said, I pray you are right.

Love you, Bullseye.
Perhaps that is why we have a genuine friendship IRL.

Mutual respect even though at times, not often, albeit, we've disagreed.

Nothing more in the world do I want now than to agree with you. Lots of tears, lots of self-introspection, but I just can't see where this is headed.

That said, I pray you are right.
I understand, my friend. I feel the same; we’ve been friends for a long time. As I said my background in numbers, stats and programming won’t let me yell “uncle” yet.

As absurd as it sounded, I think a lot of us already knew he'd toss a fit when he lost. In fact, he'd be tossing a fit now even if he won because he wouldn't like the #s.

Please don't make the mistake that article writer makes. There is absolutely NO reason for the Trump campaign to present any evidence to the public. The public is not a party to their lawsuits. Public opinion will not affect the outcome of any lawsuits. Just because the Trump campaign won't detail their evidence in any public forum, that does NOT mean there is no evidence.

Instead of counseling giving up and conceding, I suggest you wait and see how it plays out.

The fact that there is no evidence means there is no evidence.

I believe Trump will go to his grave asserting he won this past election.

He doesn't care what damage he does, he just cannot bring himself to admit defeat.

You wouldn't want to play Monopoly with him.

"Some of them still today don't recognize Bush as the winner of the 2000 election"
Some still haven't recognized Trump's win in 2016, the last 4 years have been little more than denying it, agitating against it, resisting against it, actively sabotaging of a legitimately elected president and his administration. Did that not happen?

Why do you expect any better or any different behavior from non-Democrats at the result of this election?
Seems the Democrats & progressives have set a new floor for standards and norms both in 2000 and 2016 when you don't like the outcome of an election.

Turn about being fair play, the new floor for standards and norms having been set, this would seem to indicate mass demonstrations and riots, resistance, and the active sabotage of this legitimately elected president and his administration. Would it not?
This long list (there's lots more) is exactly what the Democrats & progressives have done since 2016.
Now you expect those who don't like the outcome of this election to behave any different?
You expect who don't like the outcome of this election to forget how the Democrats & progressives have behaved in the last 4 years?

I rather think that this is likely not going to happen, this forgetting how badly the Democrats and progressives have behaved themselves these last 4 years.

I believe Trump will go to his grave asserting he won this past election.

He doesn't care what damage he does, he just cannot bring himself to admit defeat.

You wouldn't want to play Monopoly with him.

OMG nooooo, it would take days just to find all the pieces after he flipped the board across the room because someone else got Park Place and Boardwalk. "THOSE ARE MY PROPERTIES!!!!" 🎩

All comments welcome.

It's crystal clear there is no evidence? Even the FEC chairman told reporters that all the sworn affidavits signed under perjury of law (which are actually real evidence)said Trump has legitimate cases to go forward in court and they need to be heard. Sidney Powell, Linwood say they have the evidence and they are not about to share specifics with reporters or some cable news show but rather it will happen before a justice. But what they have shared in general terms they have also
There have been a lot of lawsuits filed over this election that have nothing to do with the Trump lawyers but the media depicts it directly to the Trump lawyers being shut down multiple times as if there is no there there. That is not the case. As of Friday there had been only 3 cases filed on behalf of the Trump team. There are a couple more that have not yet come forward that the Trump lawyers have piggybacked to and next week come Mon. or Tues. the Trump lawyer, Jordon Sekulow stated Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan in Georgia, the Secretary of State in Georgia Brad Raffensperger in Georgia, they’re in for quite a shock on Monday or Tuesday when they expose how poorly run they ran the elections in one of their major counties. And then there are lawsuits in Georgia's just like Pennsylvania have other lawsuits directly related to Constitutional grievances because only the legislature can change electoral law .To that point neither Georgia or PA did that. In Georgia Sec. of state or the PA Secretary of State changed with no Constitutional authority. And then there is the total ballots cast in Nevada showed total ballots cast, 1,327,394 but 1, 405,376 were cast for president. This state in Clarke County had to throw out the election for the commissioner had an overwhelming ballots that were not feasible. Can anyone with a full deck on board say without a doubt the shit stinks badly in Nevada?

I sincerely ask you do you think real evidence you want to see divinely appear of fraud in the media? It will happen in the courts where the evidence will be laid out.

1.png

Now there has been a lot of cases filed in regard to this election

Last edited:
@trixare4kids @RetiredUSN
Thank you for finally acknowledging Biden won the election! In 2016, I congratulated Team Trump the day after the election.
Yo trix, the DEMs, while losing seats in the House, still retained a Majority. In the Senate, the DEMs so far, came out with a net gain of 1. The GOP, so far, came out with a net loss of 1. Control of the Senate now depends on the two Special Elections in Georgia. The GOP must win at least one of the two to maintain control.

@Mycroft @trouble13 @PirateMk1 @Aberro @Fletch
Coming soon! Look for a TSG near you or online. TSG -> Trump Support Group
View attachment 67305698View attachment 67305699@TheParser, at least you anticipated Trump losing!
I never said he didn't win

There is no benefit to Republicans or Donald Trump to concede, even if there was no election fraud or they lose their case in court.

There is a benefit to America and Americans in Trump conceding.

Back
Top Bottom