• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's time for Pelosi to go...quietly.

Hakeem Jeffries is the odds on favorite of many.
I like him. Most thoughtful, careful speaker on the Hill. It takes getting used to (the pauses between thoughts), but he never makes an error. Very intelligent man. I really don't know much about him, but that's why/what makes me independent. I look at the person first. Party and ideology take back seats to the man or woman...on the train...in Snowpiercer.

I need to trust the words. If I trust the words, I then look to trust the person. If I trust the person, and there is another candidate I also trust, then I'll look to their policy positions. Party and ideology never enter the equation. I will vote trust over policy every single time.

Sadly, earning my vote through trust has been rare. I've always trusted Biden, but before 2020, the last candidate I trusted was McCain.

Oddly enough, the three presidents who I most respect as human beings all failed, Ford, Carter and GW Bush. Ford is a special case, of course.

She's almost as brain dead as Slo-Joe.

In post #22 the link to the full presser is 30
minutes. She's not concise but easily understood. From seeing most of the video, the short clip in the op seems to be the only part they thought was unfavorable. As much as someone might disagree with her, it's not saying much to criticize her if she can't choose the right words about a sensitive topic for 2 minutes out of a 30 minute session where she was otherwise consistently clear.

Is she playing Praying Mantis. She's off her rocker

Nancy Pelosi Oddly Rubs Hands During SOTU Address​

I like him. Most thoughtful, careful speaker on the Hill. It takes getting used to (the pauses between thoughts), but he never makes an error. Very intelligent man. I really don't know much about him, but that's why/what makes me independent. I look at the person first. Party and ideology take back seats to the man or woman...on the train...in Snowpiercer.

I need to trust the words. If I trust the words, I then look to trust the person. If I trust the person, and there is another candidate I also trust, then I'll look to their policy positions. Party and ideology never enter the equation. I will vote trust over policy every single time.

Sadly, earning my vote through trust has been rare. I've always trusted Biden, but before 2020, the last candidate I trusted was McCain.

Oddly enough, the three presidents who I most respect as human beings all failed, Ford, Carter and GW Bush. Ford is a special case, of course.
Jeffries is a bit of a rarity in the Dem party. A moderate unafraid to speak his mind and willing to publicly call out uber progressives for their attempts to derail any legislation they don’t completely agree with.

Like yourself, I’ve always looked at candidates as individuals, first, reviewing their politics and their consistency in walking the walk.

Beyond a candidate’s stated objectives, trust, or at least reasonable belief in a person’s word, is the major consideration in who I vote for, regardless of party.

Back
Top Bottom