• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Its the democrats fault the Gov is open again!!!

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We get blamed for everything anyway .... LoL even when we were not in power of any branch of government. i am sure it was opened so that Trump can still have his State of the union address. we all know he loves crowds like a drug!!!! this has to be the reason ... trump dont care about people losing their homes or planes crashing into each other!!!

We get blamed for everything anyway .... LoL even when we were not in power of any branch of government. i am sure it was opened so that Trump can still have his State of the union address. we all know he loves crowds like a drug!!!! this has to be the reason ... trump dont care about people losing their homes or planes crashing into each other!!!

Ummm…

Trump opened the government, not the Dems.

Trump could have had his state of the union address with or without Congress.

Ummm…

Trump opened the government, not the Dems.

Yep, he shut down the government, and after 35 days of screwing over 800,000 federal employees and their families, caved in and restarted it.

.....wut?
I feel you. The OP's content is a bit "all over the place."

Red:
I wonder whether the House will invite him to deliver it before there's a "final" resolution re: the budget. I wouldn't be too sure about them doing so. You'll notice that they didn't gloat about their victory on the shutdown. There're two good reasons not to do so, and those reasons aren't mutually exclusive:
  • It's not gracious to gloat. Nancy, ever the patrician doyenne, is, if nothing else, very gracious.
  • They see the impasse just today resolved as a temporary waypoint. When one's got an ocean to traverse, a mid-ocean island is quite a welcome refuge, but there's a whole lot of ocean to cross on the other side of that island, and no telling what storms and maelstroms lay ahead. Prudence dictates cheering only after the journey is complete.
The SOTU invitation is a lever the Dems may not care to quickly yield. With any other man who's before been POTUS, sure, they'd issue the invite. With Trump, they may hold that card until the budget battle is fully resolved, for one thing's sure, the closer the 2020 election comes, the less politically effective a second (protracted) shutdown over his damn wall becomes. Why? Because most Americans don't think it's a good idea in the first place; it's only Trumpkins who think it is.

Right now, the gov't will reopen, but only for three weeks. The Dems have been very clear: they'll give all sorts of money for border security, but not one red sou for the type of border security that is some quantity of new physical southern border barrier that US taxpayers must fund, and such a physical barrier is what Trump wants and, politically speaking, needs. Sure as that's so, the "business case" for his barrier is no more extant and positive now than it was last month.

Trump stood before his WH podium and stated what the go forward plan is, but he's such a liar that there's no reason to take as true or factually or contextually accurate anything he said about what the Dems agreed to and didn't agree to. (Full disclosure: I've not yet seen/heard what Dems have today said publicly of his assertions about what they agreed to, said they'd do, etc.) The only reason anybody believed him when he said the shutdown was ending was because Congress was saying the same thing; had Congress not echoed his assertion to that effect, everyone'd have said "we'll have to see what Congress says/does."

Trump could have had his state of the union address with or without Congress.

Yeah, but without the pomp and circumstance of having it before a joint session of Congress. Trump wants the pomp and circumstance.

Back
Top Bottom