• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's raining men! Sweden sees historic gender balance shift

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Famous for its efforts to put women on an equal footing with men, Sweden is experiencing a gender balance shift that has caught the country by surprise: For the first time since record-keeping began in 1749, it now has more men than women.

Swedes don't quite know what to make of this sudden male surplus, which is highly unusual in the West, where women historically have been in the majority in almost every country. But it may be a sign of things to come in Europe as changes in life expectancy and migration transform demographics.

It's raining men! Sweden sees historic gender balance shift | Daily Mail Online

Might I suggest birth control, abortion and migration to the US and Canada? I mean all the bums want to come here, why not some good folks.

Might I suggest birth control, abortion and migration to the US and Canada? I mean all the bums want to come here, why not some good folks.

How do you know they're good folks?

Accept female Muslim refugees and marry them, oh yeah, the male must convert 1st.

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Famous for its efforts to put women on an equal footing with men, Sweden is experiencing a gender balance shift that has caught the country by surprise: For the first time since record-keeping began in 1749, it now has more men than women.

Swedes don't quite know what to make of this sudden male surplus

Couldn't be those refugees... That are like almost all women and children right?

Swedes don't quite know what to make of this sudden male surplus, which is highly unusual in the West, where women historically have been in the majority in almost every country. But it may be a sign of things to come in Europe as changes in life expectancy and migration transform demographics.

I think the general point is fantastic. Demographics can change dramatically. Many Europeans seem to be in total denial that accepting millions of immigrants will not lead to HUGE demographic shifts decades down the road.

The USA was about 88% White-European in 1960. By 2042 it is expected to be 49% White European. The largest state in the union by far, California is already majority Latino. Personally I see nothing wrong with this, but when I speak to Europeans about the current immigration situation they seem to be in total denial about what the future holds for them.

If you are ok with becoming a majority Arab/Muslim continent over the next century thats fine then make the case for that, but if you advocate for the continued acceptance of millions of immigrants and don't understand the long-term implications of this then please do a little research.

I think the general point is fantastic. Demographics can change dramatically. Many Europeans seem to be in total denial that accepting millions of immigrants will not lead to HUGE demographic shifts decades down the road.

The USA was about 88% White-European in 1960. By 2042 it is expected to be 49% White European. The largest state in the union by far, California is already majority Latino. Personally I see nothing wrong with this, but when I speak to Europeans about the current immigration situation they seem to be in total denial about what the future holds for them.

If you are ok with becoming a majority Arab/Muslim continent over the next century thats fine then make the case for that, but if you advocate for the continued acceptance of millions of immigrants and don't understand the long-term implications of this then please do a little research.

Absolutely and well stated.

Law of averages. ;)

Couldn't be those refugees... That are like almost all women and children right?

Ya...right! Mostly they are young, males who like to rape the German women, commit other crimes and carry on terrorist activities.

Yep.......nothing but trouble...in spades.

Law of averages. ;)

Ya...right! Mostly they are young, males who like to rape the German women, commit other crimes and carry on terrorist activities.

They just had another attack by Muslims on German women, over the w/e......of course if the women were allowed to be armed, we'd see a different outcome.

Yep.......nothing but trouble...in spades.

What does one have to do with the other? What are you trying to say here?

Other than a seeming implication that Swedish people (or men?) are better than "bums" (which isn't a nationality, ethnicity, religion, etc.), I cannot tell what point you're trying to make here.

Americans have always been afraid of whomever is immigrating the most at the moment, despite being a nation of immigrants living on stolen land.....

Let's just say that whenever anyone has tried putting policies in place designed to ensure some sort of racial purity, it hasn't ended well, and leave it at that.

Of course, one possible consequence of this male-biased gender imbalance may be to boost the gay male population of those countries.

It has also been suggested that a shortage of women may lead to a rise in homosexual behavior (31), not implying that the shortage of women will produce homosexuals, but rather that an increasing tolerance toward homosexuality, together with the surplus of males, may lead to large numbers of covert homosexuals openly expressing their sexuality.

http://www.pnas.org/content/103/36/13271.full

Those migrants and asylum seekers find themselves in societies where tolerance of homosexuality is very high. If and as they assimilate we may see a whole new generation of African and Middle-eastern gay 'swarms'. I'd love to see how the Islamists react to that.

Maybe its not really a shift at all. Maybe theres just an abundance of women claiming to be men.

Back
Top Bottom