• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Its Open Season on Asian Americans...

People in general are too stupid to see the difference

Hence the attacks on people who looked “Muslim “ during the first decade or so of the US war on Terror.

By making the association on Covid 19 and Chinese people he increased the hate towards East Asian people. It is really that simple.

It was easy to predict that hate towards Asians was going to occur and Trumps word helped it grow

As noted by yourself it's stupidity, not Trump. Your hatred toward Trump is false equivalency.

They started paying attention to it because the rate at which it was happening SKYROCKETED.

I don’t watch TV, but I know about the China Virus, that spread far and wide. Trump promoted the use of it, and I expect most Americans heard Covid 19 being referenced as the China virus.

Trump had a role in promoting that usage, which in turn would increase animosity towards Asians.

Is Trump solely responsible of course not, but to ignore he helped promote it is to ignore reality

Er, excuse me, but the news media used the " China / Wuhan " virus label long before Trump did.

YOU claimed that the hatred toward Asians started with Trump. It is two posts above this one. That wasn't you who posted that?

You blamed the attacks on something Trump did/said.
Where did I say that please quote it

My honest opinion is that they are targetted because they are allowed to target them with little to no "minority" status.. They are THE minority that blows all the calling everything racist tropes, to shit.

Wow, OP is declaring "open season on Asian Americans" huh.
Did your spine break in half with that stretch? What am I saying? There'd have to be a spine in the first place.
No, it isn't open season on "them", but I am sure you all wish it was.
It's obviously highlighting the increased attacks on Asian Americans and it's not in red areas or Trumpers. I know you're struggling here.
Speaking of "open season", wonder how many "men" shot and killed their own wives and / or children today, before committing suicide themselves.

Seems as though it happens everyday, so it must be open season or something, right ?
That's not the topic of the thread. Deflection noted and dismissed.

It's obviously highlighting the increased attacks on Asian Americans and it's not in red areas or Trumpers.
Blacks have been attacking Asians since I was a kid. The news media putting it on the front page has caused the uptick.

Blacks have been attacking Asians since I was a kid. The news media putting it on the front page has caused the uptick.
I don't think I disagree with you. I can't say it's something that's substantiated but it's not an unreasonable assumption.

I don't think I disagree with you. I can't say it's something that's substantiated but it's not an unreasonable assumption.

Like I said, it is just something that always existed in the inner city. Lot's of Asians with shops in tough areas birthed this as the blacks resented them. This goes back to the 70's. That is my life experience anyway.

Last edited:
Like I said, it is just something that always existed in the inner city. Lot's of Asians with shops in tough areas birthed this as the blacked resented them. This goes back to the 70's. That is my life experience anyway.
I can't disagree with you, I don't have any experience to draw from.

Back
Top Bottom