• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's ok black to play white

When white do voices of black it's racism and stereotypes

What about when black plays white? Also racism?

Why is it OK with racism and stereotypes when it comes to blacks?

Minstrel show

The shows were performed by mostly white people in make-up or blackface for the purpose of playing the role of black people. There were also some African-American performers and black only minstrel groups that formed and toured. Minstrel shows lampooned black people as dim-witted,[1] lazy,[1] buffoonish,[1][2] superstitious, and happy-go-lucky.[1]

By 1848, blackface minstrel shows were the national artform, translating formal art such as opera into popular terms for a general audience.[3]

The genre has had a lasting legacy and influence and was featured in a television series as recently as 1975.[5] Generally, as the civil rights movement progressed and gained acceptance, minstrels lost popularity.
----------------------------------------------
Trump fans are the most ignorant of history, IN HISTORY. They are ignorant of history, so they ask things like why is it an insult to call Obama a witch doctor? Why is it an insult to call Obama a KENYAN?

Is it white face when blacks like to pour white milk on their black face?

Minstrel show

The shows were performed by mostly white people in make-up or blackface for the purpose of playing the role of black people. There were also some African-American performers and black only minstrel groups that formed and toured. Minstrel shows lampooned black people as dim-witted,[1] lazy,[1] buffoonish,[1][2] superstitious, and happy-go-lucky.[1]

By 1848, blackface minstrel shows were the national artform, translating formal art such as opera into popular terms for a general audience.[3]

The genre has had a lasting legacy and influence and was featured in a television series as recently as 1975.[5] Generally, as the civil rights movement progressed and gained acceptance, minstrels lost popularity.
Trump fans are the most ignorant of history, IN HISTORY. They are ignorant of history, so they ask things like why is it an insult to call Obama a witch doctor? Why is it an insult to call Obama a KENYAN?
Thankfully, Democrats finally gave up this abhorrent practice. Which is probably why they still point their crooked little fingers at everybody else.

Minstrel show

What does this rant have to do with a black person playing a real person in history that was white?

Thankfully, Democrats finally gave up this abhorrent practice. Which is probably why they still point their crooked little fingers at everybody else.
WEAK, to pin Minstrel shows on Dems. EVERYONE went, as they said, it was the NATIOnAL ART FORM. Pin it on WHITE folks, and be sensitivew to folks that were HELD DOWN. That is what these shows were, PROPAGANDA, to hold the black race down.

WEAK, to pin Minstrel shows on Dems. EVERYONE went, as they said, it was the NATIOnAL ART FORM. Pin it on WHITE folks, and be sensitivew to folks that were HELD DOWN. That is what these shows were, PROPAGANDA, to hold the black race down.
Mmmm hmmm, yeah sure. Democrat Party history is well documented.

Perhaps you should have written the truth.
Thankfully, most white people finally gave up this abhorrent practice. Which is probably why the victim-playing Right Wing racists still point their crooked little fingers at everybody else.

Mmmm hmmm, yeah sure. Democrat Party history is well documented.
Your sense of history is amusing. However, at least you acknowledge that conservative whites are very racist.

Probably fair to point their fingers at the deplorably racist southern conservatives who still idolize those treasonous ****ers. The Democratic party has moved beyond those backwards practices why is the conservative south still stuck in stupid?

Your sense of history is amusing. However, at least you acknowledge that conservative whites are very racist.
I made no such acknowledgement. Conservatives in general are not racists. Libs on the other hand, are some of the most racist people on the planet.

You guys are way too fixated on race.

Probably fair to point their fingers at the deplorably racist southern conservatives who still idolize those treasonous ****ers. The Democratic party has moved beyond those backwards practices why is the conservative south still stuck in stupid?
You're just wrong. Have you ever even been to the South? They have nothing on racist libs.

You're just wrong. Have you ever even been to the South? They have nothing on racist libs.
I'm not wrong. I live in South Florida, my daughter goes to school in Tallahassee, I have family in Texas, Georgia, Virginia and West Virginia which wasn't a Confederate state but is probably more ashamed of that then proud of it at this point. Trying to pretend like Southern Conservatives aren't deplorably racist when they can barely get 10% of black people to vote for them is like a fat man trying to hide behind a lamp post. We see you. Who are you trying to fool? You just look ridiculous.

I made no such acknowledgement. Conservatives in general are not racists. Libs on the other hand, are some of the most racist people on the planet.
You did, and not knowing it is even better. Southern Conservatives made up the D party in the post-Abe days. Read up on it.

Indeed I have. I went to New Orleans, and at the hotel lobby, I talked to a man that had been gay bashed the day before. He was still messed up. I went to Fort Lauderdale, and there were guys all over the place that were in shadows, waiting to nab tourists and do them in. Saw it with my own eyes. You couldnt pay me enough to live amongst southerners. Of course, I have known and been friends with many that left there.

Correction: You're just wrong. Have you ever even been to the South? The are racist conservatives.

Why else would anyone support Trump like they do? Why would anyone not racist ever vote for a racist?

Indeed I have. I went to New Orleans, and at the hotel lobby, I talked to a man that had been gay bashed the day before. He was still messed up. I went to Fort Lauderdale, and there were guys all over the place that were in shadows, waiting to nab tourists and do them in. Saw it with my own eyes. You couldnt pay me enough to live amongst southerners. Of course, I have known and been friends with many that left there.
😂

You shit yourself in Ft. Lauderdale? It's not as if it's Liberty City, or the Heights, or Overtown... ****ing Ft. Lauderdale. 😂

Back
Top Bottom