• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Official. Daily Wire has had enough of California. Moving Operations to Tennessee

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ben Shapiro, born and raised in California and founder of the Daily Wire, published a video today explaining the reasons behind the company's decision to move their entire operation to Tennessee. I'm sure most of you who follow politics and keep up with the news, already know a list of reasons why they're abandoning the state. With Joe Rogan's move to Texas, that means 2 of the most popular and listened to podcasts/streaming shows in the world have now relocated their families and businesses out of California.

This is only the beginning folks.

Major companies have been bailing from California for the last decade due to the state's high taxes and less than friendly business environment, but in the last few years a whole new set of dynamics hit the scene that have made many families and businesses decide that enough is enough and are moving on to greener pastures.

Because of President Trump's crack down on illegal immigration, California decided to flip him the bird by declaring that all illegals were welcome in the state, that they would protect them, and that they would not cooperate with ICE. They then decided to welcome the nation's homeless and instructed law enforcement they could set up camps where ever they liked and were to be left alone. This turned cities like LA and San Francisco into dirty, dangerous, drug infested ghettos where the streets were littered with garbage, used needles, and human feces. Things got even worse this year with the Covid-19 pandemic and BLM/ANTIFA uprising. Understand, I'm not talking about the virus itself and the people who were infected or died from it, nor am I talking about the actual violence and destruction caused by the riots themselves... The issue is how the state has chosen to respond to these issues.

The policies implemented by democratically controlled California (both at state and city levels) on their lock-downs and law enforcement, has done exactly what I predicted it would months ago. It has forced many small, medium and large businesses to make a choice between going bankrupt and losing everything, or moving to a state that will allow them to conduct business and make a living. Because the Mayors of cities like LA and San Francisco are allowing ANTIFA and BLM to riot, loot and terrorize innocent people, and are proposing to cut funding to their police departments, It's forcing many families to flee out of fear for their safety. Even Tesla owner Elon Musk is threatening to move his multi billion dollar company to another state over the governors lock-down policies.

If Tesla leaves, they will join these other multi million/billion dollar companies that have already left California and taken thousands and thousands of jobs with them:

Calibail.jpg

The exodus from California, as well as New York and New Jersey demonstrate the destructiveness of progressive policies, and should serve as a wake up call for every American voter.

Ben Shapiro, born and raised in California and founder of the Daily Wire, published a video today explaining the reasons behind the company's decision to move their entire operation to Tennessee. I'm sure most of you who follow politics and keep up with the news, already know a list of reasons why they're abandoning the state. With Joe Rogan's move to Texas, that means 2 of the most popular and listened to podcasts/streaming shows in the world have now relocated their families and businesses out of California.

Major companies have been bailing from California for the last decade due to the state's high taxes and less than friendly business environment, but in the last few years a whole new set of dynamics hit the scene that have made many families and businesses decide that enough is enough and are moving on to greener pastures.

Because of President Trump's crack down on illegal immigration, California decided to flip him the bird by declaring that all illegals were welcome in the state, that they would protect them, and that they would not cooperate with ICE. They then decided to welcome the nation's homeless and instructed law enforcement they could set up camps where ever they liked and were to be left alone. This turned cities like LA and San Francisco into dirty, dangerous, drug infested ghettos where the streets were littered with garbage, used needles, and human feces. Things got even worse this year with the Covid-19 pandemic and BLM/ANTIFA uprising. Understand, I'm not talking about the virus itself and the people who were infected or died from it, nor am I talking about the actual violence and destruction caused by the riots themselves... The issue is how the state has chosen to respond to these issues.

The policies implemented by democratically controlled California (both at state and city levels) on their lock-downs and law enforcement, has done exactly what I predicted it would months ago. It has forced many small, medium and large businesses to make a choice between going bankrupt and losing everything, or moving to a state that will allow them to conduct business and make a living. Because the Mayors of cities like LA and San Francisco are allowing ANTIFA and BLM to riot, loot and terrorize innocent people, and are proposing to cut funding to their police departments, It's forcing many families to flee out of fear for their safety. Even Tesla owner Elon Musk is threatening to move his multi billion dollar company to another state over the governors lock-down policies.

If Tesla leaves, they will join these other multi million/billion dollar companies that have already left California and taken thousands and thousands of jobs with them:

View attachment 67295607

The exodus from California, as well as New York and New Jersey demonstrate the destructiveness of progressive policies, and should serve as a wake up call for every American voter.

2 people moved their families- yep big news

In other news, many scientists have stated that when humidity is bouncing off you, it can be called rain

I just heard Ben Shapiro talking about the move. He said the state has become no place to raise kids. There is an exodus occurring in California, NY, NJ. I saw a report a couple of weeks back of people from NY pouring into Florida. Real estate is really hot. According what was reported, people are putting bids on houses in Florida just from viewing them online. Others have shipped their belongings into storage till they can find a place. They toured these storage facilities and the owners said they have never been so busy. I have also viewed reports that say a lot of Californians are choosing Texas.

Major companies have been

Wow, dailywire is a major company, who knew!

tenor.gif

I have also viewed reports that say a lot of Californians are choosing Texas.

Hopefully! Re-allocating blue state voters to red states may be the only way to save the republic.

Hopefully! Re-allocating blue state voters to red states may be the only way to save the republic.

Actually I look at it differently. People from blue states have seen the light and saying no to oppression and are choosing red states.

Wow, dailywire is a major company, who knew!

tenor.gif

Where did you get that from? Because I never called them a major company.

The Daily Wire earns more than 10 million in revenue each year and employs 75 people... They are just one example. If you think they are an outlier and their exodus is just some political statement, then you are naive.

Who cares? I prefer reading primary sources. I've never been inclined to waste my time, but I have a stepson, an evangelical, who praises Schapiro. I don't get it.
Schapiro seems dead inside, souless.

The Daily Wire - Wikipedia
Controversies
According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified", including reports on protesters digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL's widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies.[17] According to FactCheck.org, The Daily Wire incorrectly credited Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. FactCheck.org reported that the errors were discovered and published by HUD's independent inspector general before Carson became secretary.[18]

The Daily Wire has published articles expressing skepticism that climate change is occurring and that humans contribute to climate change. Climate scientists have described the articles as being inaccurate and misleading.[19][20][21]

The investigative website Popular Information accused The Daily Wire in October 2019 of violating Facebook's policies by creating 14 anonymous pages promoting its content exclusively to boost engagement. A new Facebook policy might force them to add their ownership to their pages.[22][23] Facebook told Popular Information that it would take no action against The Daily Wire.[24][25]
Ben Shapiro - Wikipedia

..Columnist

In 2012, Shapiro became editor-at-large of Breitbart News, a conservative website founded by Andrew Breitbart. In March 2016, Shapiro resigned from his position as editor-at-large of Breitbart News following what he characterized as the website 's lack of support for reporter Michelle Fields in response to her alleged assault by Corey Lewandowski, Donald Trump's former campaign manager in spite of video and eyewitness evidence of the assault. In his resignation statement, Shapiro stated that "Steve Bannon is a bully", Donald Trump is a bully, and that Bannon had "shaped the company into Trump's personal Pravda".[SUP][34][/SUP] After Shapiro's departure, Breitbart published a piece, falsely attributed to Shapiro's father's pseudonym, saying "Ben Shapiro betrays loyal Breitbart readers in pursuit of Fox News contributorship", which Breitbart later deleted.
After leaving Breitbart News, Shapiro was a frequent target of antisemitic rhetoric from the alt-right.[SUP][36][/SUP] According to a 2016 analysis by the Anti-Defamation-League, Shapiro was the most frequent target of antisemitic tweets against journalists.[SUP][[/SUP]
On February 7, 2013, Shapiro published an article citing unspecified Senate sources who said that a group named "Friends of Hamas" was among foreign contributors to the political campaign of Chuck Hagel, a former U.S. Senator awaiting confirmation as Secretary of Defense as a nominee of President Barack Obama, but weeks later Slate reporter David Weigel reported there was no evidence such a group existed.Shapiro told Weigel that the story he published was "the entirety of the information [he] had."

Last edited:

The Daily Wire earns more than 10 million in revenue each year and employs 75 people... They are just one example. If you think they are an outlier and their exodus is just some political statement, then you are naive.

Meh. Soon you'll you create a thread complaining about why people moving from blue states to red states is a problem for red states.

I just heard Ben Shapiro talking about the move. He said the state has become no place to raise kids. There is an exodus occurring in California, NY, NJ. I saw a report a couple of weeks back of people from NY pouring into Florida. Real estate is really hot. According what was reported, people are putting bids on houses in Florida just from viewing them online. Others have shipped their belongings into storage till they can find a place. They toured these storage facilities and the owners said they have never been so busy. I have also viewed reports that say a lot of Californians are choosing Texas.
Yes, people from California are moving to Texas, particularly - wait for it - blue cities like Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, etc. Not the ****ing sticks.

The downfall of CA and NY has predicted since the 70's and they're economies are still by far the biggest. Big tech and finance ain't leaving there anytime soon, so cancel the funeral.

View attachment 67295607

They drove me out. I liked my home in Bakersfield, CA. I loved Mojave and the aerospace scene there. Its like the silicon valley of planes. Unfortunately the stupid has become too much.

View attachment 67295607

And California Rejoices.

I saw a report on the Florida real estate boom a few weeks ago myself. As for the California exodus, Texas is their #1 destination, but there are other states that are really benefiting like Colorado, Arizona and Nevada.

As you see by the response to this from the left, they are in total denial. They either think the California exodus is nothing but right wing propaganda, or think the people leaving are just right wingers doing so to make some kind of political statement. What none have yet to address, are all the reasons people are leaving that were listed by Shapiro and myself. Every one of those reasons are not only factual, but can be directly linked to the legislation and policies written and implemented by the democratic party who's controlled California's state government for several generations.

Yes, people from California are moving to Texas, particularly - wait for it - blue cities like Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, etc. Not the ****ing sticks.

The downfall of CA and NY has predicted since the 70's and they're economies are still by far the biggest. Big tech and finance ain't leaving there anytime soon, so cancel the funeral.

A one amendment, Bill of Rights, the SECOND ? What happened to the Reagan, "States Rights" speech, symbolically urinating on
the corpses of the three murdered civil rights workers near Neshoba?

1964: Months after the brutal 1963 murders:

Neshoba County Fair Unclouded By Murder of Rights Workers - The New York Times

Barr Told Prosecutors to Consider Sedition Charges for Protest Violence - The New York Times
Barr Told Prosecutors to Consider Sedition Charges for Protest Violence
Attorney General William P. Barr was also said to have asked prosecutors to explore whether to bring charges against the mayor of Seattle for allowing a police-free protest zone.

Reagan's Neshoba County Fair "states' rights" speech - Wikipedia

Reagan's Neshoba County Fair "states' rights" speech ...
The headline the next day in the New York Times read "REAGAN CAMPAIGNS AT MISSISSIPPI FAIR; Nominee Tells Crowd of 10,000 He Is Backing States' Rights...

List of states and territories of the United States by GDP - Wikipedia

]
50351253077_d51ae12e96_b.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 67295607

GDP-per-state.jpg

Actually I look at it differently. People from blue states have seen the light and saying no to oppression and are choosing red states.

Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro both said not to many years ago that even though California's taxes and regulations were excessive, and the cost of living was extremely high, they had no interest in living anywhere else. It was their home and both loved it.

That all began to change when they put out the welcome mat for the nations homeless and allowed 10's of thousands of drug addicts, mental patients and criminals to set up camp and turn cities like LA into garbage dumps. The final straw was the oppressive, never ending lock downs that were bankrupting people and negatively impacting their children, along with democratic leaders jeopardizing public safety not only by forbidding law enforcement from arresting criminals, but proposing that their funding be cut.

On the bright side, there are many liberals/progressives who have voted democrat all of their lives that are now learning first hand just how dangerous and destructive their policies are. I think by the time the dust settles, we could very possibly see a significant political shift in the country. Time will tell.

Over 86,000 Californians have moved to Texas and an additional 37, 000 have moved to Florida just in 2018 alone, the final count will not be known until the census numbers are in. The same is happening in NY, NJ and other democrat run states.

That changes absolutely nothing I posted.

Do you think businesses and families fed up with California are going to look at that chart and say "Never mind then... I guess I'll stay."?

Excuse me, but I KNEW Mrs. Armand Hammer.
I can take you right to the apartment building in Santa Monica overlooking the Pacific Ocean where she spent her last years.
She was close friends with my mother and Armand Hammer was close with my father.

Oxy is still IN California but due to the nature of their business, it's pretty silly to say "moved out of California" when their offices are still there. Oxy has always been a Delaware corp and it has always maintained headquarters in Houston.
Nestle and McKesson can take a flying leap, as the state of California was getting ready to figure out ways to sour the tit for both of them anyway. Nestle's operations in Cali were about one thing only, taking over aquifers.

This entire post is laughable, because for instance, CKE might move out of state but their Car;s Jr. restaurants aren't going anywhere.
Chevron is never going to move their refineries out of Torrance, Kubota is a Japanese company to begin with, same with Toyota, who closed up their Fremont assembly plant years ago anyway, and who cares if the ICEE company pulls up stakes, anyone can make frozen sugary juice treats...is there going to be a shortage of ICEE's at the gas station now?
I doubt it.

The entire list consists of corporate headquarters. In today's financial environment most of these corporate entities are barely paying any taxes to begin with, so it's not like it's a blow to California's economy, which by the way not only REMAINS fifth largest on the planet, but in point of fact just might be in position to move up a notch.

But by far the most laughable is DailyWire. Oh nooooesss!!! :lamo
Good riddance.

Over 86,000 Californians have moved to Texas and an additional 37, 000 have moved to Florida just in 2018 alone, the final count will not be known until the census numbers are in. The same is happening in NY, NJ and other democrat run states.

That must explain why Dems are doing well in Texas and Florida.

Wow, out of forty million? I just might get to go two miles an hour faster in rush hour traffic now.

I saw a report on the Florida real estate boom a few weeks ago myself. As for the California exodus, Texas is their #1 destination, but there are other states that are really benefiting like Colorado, Arizona and Nevada.

As you see by the response to this from the left, they are in total denial. They either think the California exodus is nothing but right wing propaganda, or think the people leaving are just right wingers doing so to make some kind of political statement. What none have yet to address, are all the reasons people are leaving that were listed by Shapiro and myself. Every one of those reasons are not only factual, but can be directly linked to the legislation and policies written and implemented by the democratic party who's controlled California's state government for several generations.

We all know California and NY are in the crapper financially due to policies of Democrats in charge. They are also in the crapper immorally through their feckless policies and those policies are putting their citizens at risk.

Shapiro said they are moving to Tennessee. I love visiting that state and hubby and I have thought a lot about moving there. We have been there often. A couple of years ago we stayed in a lodge on the Pigeon River. The surroundings were beautiful. We met people from all over the country. A very diverse group. We would meet in the early morning to go fishing on the Pigeon River before breakfast was served. The river ran behind the lodge. They provided fishing gear for those who did not bring it with them. At night we would set around the campfire make s'mores and talk about what we did that day. So much hospitality. One of the best vacations ever. And the Smokey Mountains are always a wonderful treat.

View attachment 67295607

If you can't afford to live somewhere you have little choice but to move. Housing costs and high taxes are the two top reasons for the net exodus. Since Dems have been in total control of State leadership for some time now can't really blame Republicans for our issues.

Despite the net exodus home prices continue to rise in much of the state. Doubt taxes will being going down either, so expect a continued net exodus.

However, we still have plenty of people who want and can afford to live here. So, although we have to fix several of our issues think we have time before California has to worry much about the net exodus. But, if Dems can't find solutions maybe they deserve to start losing some more elections.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you live in California? Have you ever lived in California?
If so, why are you still here if it's so terrible?
If not, who's calling who naive, seeing as how I do live here, have lived here before when it was run by Republicans and moved back again in 2012 after thirteen years in the Deep South?

This is just another whiny RW thread bashing California, by people who come to Disneyland and then go home and figure out more reasons to bitch and whine about the place. I used to think the animosity between Minnesota and Cali was real but it was just jealousy because so many gorgeous Minnesota girls come out here to make it big in Hollywood, but the real animosity isn't in the Land O' Lakes at all, it's in every pathetic right to work state where there are more mosquitos than people and more heat and humidity than Saudi Arabia, and where the hands come out for money every time a hurricane, tornado or flood wipes out one of your trailer parks.

Guess what, I would love it if about six million more people leave.
Might make a slight difference in the traffic!

Keep crying and whining, it's entertaining.
Oh yeah, PS: Don't watch any more movies or TV, you wouldn't want to make life better for any of those Californians!! :lamo

jeffh yoko bed peace.jpg

Back
Top Bottom