• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Official. Daily Wire has had enough of California. Moving Operations to Tennessee

Do you live in California? Have you ever lived in California?
If so, why are you still here if it's so terrible?
If not, who's calling who naive, seeing as how I do live here, have lived here before when it was run by Republicans and moved back again in 2012 after thirteen years in the Deep South?

This is just another whiny RW thread bashing California, by people who come to Disneyland and then go home and figure out more reasons to bitch and whine about the place. I used to think the animosity between Minnesota and Cali was real but it was just jealousy because so many gorgeous Minnesota girls come out here to make it big in Hollywood, but the real animosity isn't in the Land O' Lakes at all, it's in every pathetic right to work state where there are more mosquitos than people and more heat and humidity than Saudi Arabia, and where the hands come out for money every time a hurricane, tornado or flood wipes out one of your trailer parks.

Guess what, I would love it if about six million more people leave.
Might make a slight difference in the traffic!

Keep crying and whining, it's entertaining.
Oh yeah, PS: Don't watch any more movies or TV, you wouldn't want to make life better for any of those Californians!! :lamo

View attachment 67295610

Wow! Angry much?

CA. has the weather but this blue state is being ruined by left wing zealots.
And yeah, I'm qualified to say the above. I live here...

Sure. If I was living in California I would be very happy for all these people to leave. And it is just too easy to discard your comment. Let's take Elon Musk. Why did he go to California in the first place? He knew at that time there was a lot of foreigners. It's been like that, well basically always. If he leaves he may use the argument of illegal immigrants, but the bottom line is that the real reason he leaves (that is; if he leaves) is because it would be financially beneficial for him. And if 10,000 or 10,000 people go with him than this is because they do not want to lose their jobs and this has nothing to do with immigration.

And than you use the word exodus... Have you ever looked up what the meaning of the word is? 2 people leaving voluntarily is not. And 1,000 or 10,000 people leaving because they risk leaving their job is not either.

And are you not forgetting that when the Europeans went to California between 100 and 200 years ago, they were the foreigners? And they were the illegal ones? And they were the criminals killing all the locals. Done, by the way, in a way that we today refer to as genocide.

If you truly want to make America great again, all people like you should move to Texas. It surely is big enough for that. Than make Texas an independent country. And the rest of the US will be great again indeed.

Joey

And California Rejoices.

Stupid people rejoice about stupid things.

I do partially blame Republicans. CA used to elect Republican governors. If the Republican party hadn't turned so far bible thumper dumb and dumber, that might still be the case.

Sure. If I was living in California I would be very happy for all these people to leave. And it is just too easy to discard your comment. Let's take Elon Musk. Why did he go to California in the first place? He knew at that time there was a lot of foreigners. It's been like that, well basically always. If he leaves he may use the argument of illegal immigrants, but the bottom line is that the real reason he leaves (that is; if he leaves) is because it would be financially beneficial for him. And if 10,000 or 10,000 people go with him than this is because they do not want to lose their jobs and this has nothing to do with immigration.

And than you use the word exodus... Have you ever looked up what the meaning of the word is? 2 people leaving voluntarily is not. And 1,000 or 10,000 people leaving because they risk leaving their job is not either.

And are you not forgetting that when the Europeans went to California between 100 and 200 years ago, they were the foreigners? And they were the illegal ones? And they were the criminals killing all the locals. Done, by the way, in a way that we today refer to as genocide.

If you truly want to make America great again, all people like you should move to Texas. It surely is big enough for that. Than make Texas an independent country. And the rest of the US will be great again indeed.

Joey

You obviously haven't the slightest shade of a clue if you think people and businesses are leaving because of immigrants.

You obviously haven't the slightest shade of a clue if you think people and businesses are leaving because of immigrants.

47 Shades to be exact. I tried 50, but I failed. Sorry about that.

:2wave:

Joey

Wow! Angry much?

CA. has the weather but this blue state is being ruined by left wing zealots.
And yeah, I'm qualified to say the above. I live here...

As things are now I have no desire to visit your state. And I am sure I am not alone.

We all know California and NY are in the crapper financially due to policies of Democrats in charge. They are also in the crapper immorally through their feckless policies and those policies are putting their citizens at risk.

Shapiro said they are moving to Tennessee. I love visiting that state and hubby and I have thought a lot about moving there. We have been there often. A couple of years ago we stayed in a lodge on the Pigeon River. The surroundings were beautiful. We met people from all over the country. A very diverse group. We would meet in the early morning to go fishing on the Pigeon River before breakfast was served. The river ran behind the lodge. They provided fishing gear for those who did not bring it with them. At night we would set around the campfire make s'mores and talk about what we did that day. So much hospitality. One of the best vacations ever. And the Smokey Mountains are always a wonderful treat.

I agree with you there. Politics aside, Tennessee is an amazing place. I loved every minute of it. Including the Smokey mountains. Tranquil.

Joey

Actually I look at it differently. People from blue states have seen the light and saying no to oppression and are choosing red states.
I am less than optimistic on this point. I think it's far more likely that the people who are moving don't see themselves and their policy preferences as the problem. I believe they think that if their preferences were enacted just a little differently then the outcomes would be vastly different than the cluster**** that is California today. They'll mass in the red states, and gradually turn them into the same blue ****pile they left. Because they're scorpions. It's what they do.

At least he's moving in the direction towards his one true love.

I agree with you there. Politics aside, Tennessee is an amazing place. I loved every minute of it. Including the Smokey mountains. Tranquil.

Joey

I agree. It is tranquil especially in the Smokey's. While there you appreciate nature like a walk on a trail through the mountains that takes you to a beautiful waterfall. The beautiful clean streams full of life you see everywhere. Fishing early means no makeup, or hairdo. You put a ballcap on, put on a pair of jeans, tee shirt and head out the door. When you get to your fishing destination you don't talk. Instead you take in all the sounds of nature. Hubby said one of the reasons he asked me to marry him is because I could bait my own hook. :). If you are a birdwatcher like I am it is the perfect place. When you go into the forests or even driving through you often can spot black bear cubs up in the trees above and that means mama is close by. If you love gazing at the stars/heaven you need to rent a cabin in the mountains and bring your telescope. You will never see a more beautiful canopy of stars in the sky. I know why people are drawn to the area because they are the same reasons I have.

I agree. It is tranquil especially in the Smokey's. While there you appreciate nature like a walk on a trail through the mountains that takes you to a beautiful waterfall. The beautiful clean streams full of life you see everywhere. Fishing early means no makeup, or hairdo. You put a ballcap on, put on a pair of jeans, tee shirt and head out the door. When you get to your fishing destination you don't talk. Instead you take in all the sounds of nature. Hubby said one of the reasons he asked me to marry him is because I could bait my own hook. :). If you are a birdwatcher like I am it is the perfect place. When you go into the forests or even driving through you often can spot black bear cubs up in the trees above and that means mama is close by. If you love gazing at the stars/heaven you need to rent a cabin in the mountains and bring your telescope. You will never see a more beautiful canopy of stars in the sky. I know why people are drawn to the area because they are the same reasons I have.

Yeah, though I am glad I did not sea bear cubs. I remember I had a small argument with my girlfriend at the time when she started laughing while I was reading a warning sign for bears. And I replied; You're scared of spiders and you're laughing at me for being scared of a bear. That didn't go down well. lol.

Where I come from in the Netherlands (close the port city of Rotterdam) you can see about 100 - 200 stars. On a good day that is. So I to was impressed about the view of the sky in the Smokey Mountains. But than one day I went to Sumbawa in Indonesia (I ended up going there 13 times for work) and there I could see the Milky Way through the windscreen while driving my car. The sky was that clear and there was that little light pollution. Because of the driving I could not see the stars, but you could see the milky white band across the sky. And it was there (not that particular time in the car though) where I saw the milky way for the first time in my life. It made me feel very small.

But on a different note;

I just notice how a few of us are all getting carried away here talking about the beautiful things we have encountered. Turns out that we all have common ground here. Maybe we should try to focus on the good things more than fighting and arguing over Covid and the president all day.

Because the end of the day, regardless of our opinions, we can not change either of them other than voting during the election.

Just an idea...

Joey

Joey

I knew that there were leftists like you who believe that the families and businesses leaving California are doing so for political reasons. Political affiliations, beliefs and loyalties have absolutely nothing to do with why people are leaving. It's the 30 years of failed progressive policies implemented by the California state government that has forced families and businesses to leave. If you need a refresher, then refer to post #1.

I knew that there were leftists like you who believe that the families and businesses leaving California are doing so for political reasons. Political affiliations, beliefs and loyalties have absolutely nothing to do with why people are leaving. It's the 30 years of failed progressive policies implemented by the California state government that has forced families and businesses to leave. If you need a refresher, then refer to post #1.

I did not say that.
I am not left.
I do not have a political affiliation.

I suggest you go to school and start to learn how to read and than try again.

Joey

I did not say that.
I am not left.
I do not have a political affiliation.

I suggest you go to school and start to learn how to read and than try again.

Joey

I can read just fine, including where you listed yourself as a progressive so don't claim your not on the left.

We were discussing the topic of this thread, which is families and businesses leaving California. So tell me then, who are these "people" you referred to:

"If I was living in California I would be very happy for all these people to leave."

Well, who are they?

Now tell me who are the people like me?

Since I pointed out the reasons why people are fed up with California and leaving, and I also mentioned what political party (Democrats) is directly responsible for those things, I came to the only logical conclusion available... That the "people" you were referring to who were leaving, you know, like me, are conservatives. Therefore, you were saying that the people leaving were doing so based on their political ideology.

If I'm wrong, then please explain.

My family is facing a similar situation with the Blue State of New Mexico.

-

I can read just fine, including where you listed yourself as a progressive so don't claim your not on the left.

We were discussing the topic of this thread, which is families and businesses leaving California. So tell me then, who are these "people" you referred to:

"If I was living in California I would be very happy for all these people to leave."

Well, who are they?

Now tell me who are the people like me?

Since I pointed out the reasons why people are fed up with California and leaving, and I also mentioned what political party (Democrats) is directly responsible for those things, I came to the only logical conclusion available... That the "people" you were referring to who were leaving, you know, like me, are conservatives. Therefore, you were saying that the people leaving were doing so based on their political ideology.

If I'm wrong, then please explain.

You're right.

:2wave:

Joey

Ben Shapiro, born and raised in California and founder of the Daily Wire, published a video today explaining the reasons behind the company's decision to move their entire operation to Tennessee. I'm sure most of you who follow politics and keep up with the news, already know a list of reasons why they're abandoning the state. With Joe Rogan's move to Texas, that means 2 of the most popular and listened to podcasts/streaming shows in the world have now relocated their families and businesses out of California.

This is only the beginning folks.

Major companies have been bailing from California for the last decade due to the state's high taxes and less than friendly business environment, but in the last few years a whole new set of dynamics hit the scene that have made many families and businesses decide that enough is enough and are moving on to greener pastures.

Because of President Trump's crack down on illegal immigration, California decided to flip him the bird by declaring that all illegals were welcome in the state, that they would protect them, and that they would not cooperate with ICE. They then decided to welcome the nation's homeless and instructed law enforcement they could set up camps where ever they liked and were to be left alone. This turned cities like LA and San Francisco into dirty, dangerous, drug infested ghettos where the streets were littered with garbage, used needles, and human feces. Things got even worse this year with the Covid-19 pandemic and BLM/ANTIFA uprising. Understand, I'm not talking about the virus itself and the people who were infected or died from it, nor am I talking about the actual violence and destruction caused by the riots themselves... The issue is how the state has chosen to respond to these issues.

The policies implemented by democratically controlled California (both at state and city levels) on their lock-downs and law enforcement, has done exactly what I predicted it would months ago. It has forced many small, medium and large businesses to make a choice between going bankrupt and losing everything, or moving to a state that will allow them to conduct business and make a living. Because the Mayors of cities like LA and San Francisco are allowing ANTIFA and BLM to riot, loot and terrorize innocent people, and are proposing to cut funding to their police departments, It's forcing many families to flee out of fear for their safety. Even Tesla owner Elon Musk is threatening to move his multi billion dollar company to another state over the governors lock-down policies.

If Tesla leaves, they will join these other multi million/billion dollar companies that have already left California and taken thousands and thousands of jobs with them:

View attachment 67295607

The exodus from California, as well as New York and New Jersey demonstrate the destructiveness of progressive policies, and should serve as a wake up call for every American voter.

Same thing is happening here in Mass. I sold my home near the beach because the once desirable cape cod is now a drug infeated crime ridden ****hole. Once I don't have family to take care of I'm gone. Taxes are a mortgage payment here with no benefit except now we have needles in our playgrounds which are void of any children actually using them now.

That changes absolutely nothing I posted.

Do you think businesses and families fed up with California are going to look at that chart and say "Never mind then... I guess I'll stay."?

from a couple years ago...

gc20180223.png

He should just move to NY or DC, then he'd be close to his one true love.

Same thing is happening here in Mass. I sold my home near the beach because the once desirable cape cod is now a drug infeated crime ridden ****hole. Once I don't have family to take care of I'm gone. Taxes are a mortgage payment here with no benefit except now we have needles in our playgrounds which are void of any children actually using them now.

Damn... I'm sorry to hear that.

Moronic lies.

Yup. The dream has died.

It been dying for several years there and instead of taking steps to fix it, everything done by the state's democrats have just made things infinitely worse.

You don't offer a drowning man a glass of water.

Back
Top Bottom