• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's official Bush blamed for the Mine tragedy, pay up people!

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
You people didn't believe me I called it on Monday that somehow Bush would get blamed for the mine disaster by the end of the week, you libs belittled me and said that would be preposterous how's that foot taste:

Lawmakers Call For Immediate Congressional Hearings into Mine Safety to Help Prevent Another Tragedy

Say Congress Has Abdicated its Oversight Responsibilities on Worker Safety Issues, While Bush Administration has Filled Worker Safety Agencies with Industry Insiders

Since Mr. Lauriski resigned his position in November 2004, the agency has been operating under an acting administrator. The President did not nominate a replacement for Mr. Lauriski until September 2005. That replacement has yet to take his seat.

With mining company officials at the helm of MSHA, the agency’s focus has clearly shifted away from protecting miners. A 2005 report by the AFL-CIO found that “at MSHA, 17 standards to improve safety and health for miners have been withdrawn since President Bush took office, including the Air Quality, Chemical Substances and Respiratory standards…For the most part at MSHA, those standards that have been proposed during the Bush Administration favor industry by moving to roll back existing protections. There are no pending standards to protect miners from hazards on their job.”

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ed31_democrats/rel1406.html

Back
Top Bottom