• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

ITS OFFICAL! Bush puts HALIBURTON IN TEXAS

taxpayer said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well according to the congressmen that held it up on national TV that toilet seat seemed to be a regular toilet seat.

BTW: Notice how that $500.00 toilet seat was being investigated but Haliburtons over charging is not???

I have no evidence that a congressman held up the correct toliet seat instead of some prop his staff went out and got him.

cnredd said:
This is a good example of a Liberal thread...

It starts with an accusation, then proceeds to "This is what I REALLY meant when I posted it" or "I was only trying to prove one point"...

When found to be bogus, the originator of the thread resorts to manipulating the intent instead of coming out with it during the original posting...

Did you read about Paul Krugman making the accusation that all the recounts showed Gore won in 2000. When caught in the lie he tried to do the same thing and finally two weeks ago had to retract. You can find it over on NRO.

The only bogus toilet seat here is affixed above the shoulders of taxpayer.

taxpayer said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>"SAD"<<<<< that A company that overcharged American Taxpayers MILLIONS of $$$$$$$ and was just asked to "give the money back" with NO questions asked ENTERTAINS YOU!

But if thats what it takes to make you laugh, then by all means >>>have a great laugh at American Taxpayers expense<<<

BUT remember, AMERICANS will NOT like you for sticking up for someone SCREWING AMERICANS!!!

Maybe someday you will take companys screwing AMERICANS seriously!!!

--------------

BTW: does my SIG make you LAUGH???

:rofl You are interpreting my premise is such the wrong matter! I am laughing at your foolishness that you have no idea what you are talking about! Yet, you still try to prove your point over and over and over again but the only thing you are doing is digging a bigger whole! And yes your signature makes me laugh b/c iit is down right foolish!

taxpayer said:

Well THANK YOU! You are the first to post to me with the word "GOOD" in it!!!:rock :cheers: :2party:

I think if you take that post as a positive feedback and the basis of the liberal party and their arguements, i got to say, you are definately in trouble!

1- I thing he is a pretty good bike rider.
OPPS! Forgot he fell a few weeks ago on his mountain bike.

What relivance does that have to him being president? NONE

2- I think he likes some Americans.
RICH Americans.

Ignorant accusation that has abolutely nbo support for it!

3- He likes our Troops and Vets.
OPPS! Forgot what he did to them like cut our troops hazordus duty pay and familys benifits while they were in the battle field and all the cuts he proposed to make to our Vets.

What about your liberal congress buddies who voted against Funding for the troops gear in iraq?

4- I like the way Bush speaks.
I just wish he would speak sentences in english that we could understand.

This has no relivance to his ability to lead and develope policy! If so, you agree hiltler was the greatest leader in history!

6- I like how Bush has addressed our HIGH and rising gasoline and home heating fuel.
Geez! I forgot again how Bush never mentioned or did anything about that till it got to around $3.50 per gallon then got on national TV and told us to "CONSERVE" gasoline and I guess he means home heating oil too!

Now since you apparently dont know, there is something in our economy called inflation! Gas is technically the same price (roughly) as it was years ago, BUT it is adjusted for inflation! What do you want president Bush to do on the subject since you are all knowing!

7- I like that Bush seems to like black kids and the elderly.
He must like them because he uses them in all of his photo opts.

If this has anything to do with hurricane katrina, your accusation has no relivance! Your sarcasitic approach suggest he doesnt like blacks and elderly! Where is your proof? I know there is aboslutely not a shred of evidance to support your conclusion!

8- I like how Bush kept CLINTONs $1-$2 TRILLION SURPLUS!
OPPS again! I forgot that he turned that into a $3 TRILLION DEFICIT!

I love how clinton dove into Social Security and cut military funding to obtain a surplus! Numbers are not everything! Think of what the result of what he did first!

9- I like that Bush was never drunk.
Well not since his old college days.

And you have never drank a beer or gotten intoxicated? He is human! He is not above natural law! So what if he got drunk in the past! Is he doing it now and creating policy? NO!

BTW: You seem to think that its alwright to personaly attack ME but NOT Bushie Boy! Heh! I consider myself to be a better human than he is!

No,that is where you are wrong, you are below Bush, in a considerable amount! Everyting you just posted in the above, justifies you have no idea what you are talking about, therefore, you are more ignorant than how the liberals think of bush's knowledge!
You have been simply... PWNED:rofl

taxpayer said:

Nice try BUT Halliburton was PAID the millions of $$$$$$$ first, then found out later.
Try over charging a company a few million of their money and putting it into YOUR account! See if they give you the same treatment as Bush gave Halliburton by just letting you put it back with NO QUESTIONs asked!:roll: :doh (enter the CIA, FBI, State Police, Local Police, Sheriffs office ETC.)

Nothing unusual, it can take months to go over the billings and reimbursments are par for the course after the final amounts are settled on. And as I said the largest was due not to Haliburton but to the Kuwaited firm whom they discovered had overbilled.

BTW: Just who are those "other companys" that had "MILLION $$$$ NO BID CONTRACTS" and were paid MILLIONS of $$$$ from over charging and when found out they were just told to "PUT THE MONEY BACK" with no questions asked???:doh

I asked you.

Originally posted by AK_Conservative:
Did you take into consideration it could have been a typo? or was this a sarcastic comment? curious here
I don't care what it was, the spelling was wrong. No big deal. Why are you making it one?

Stinger said:
I have no evidence that a congressman held up the correct toliet seat instead of some prop his staff went out and got him.

LAME POST,:roll: :doh
BUT the overcharging of the toilet seat was being INVESTIGATED!!!
AND thats the point!!!:rock

Tashah said:
The only bogus toilet seat here is affixed above the shoulders of taxpayer.

If toilet seats are your BAG then so be it!!!:roll: :doh

BTW: STILL NO ANSWER TO MY QUESTION TO YOU???:bs :sinking:

taxpayer said:

Still with this? I guess as loing as we keep responding, this thread will stay alive. I hear ta President Bush uses 'Premium' gas instead of 'Regular' in his government limos. I DEMAND an INVESTIGATION to the OUTRIGHT WASTE of my TAX $$$$$$$ DOLLARS!!!

I shall have no more fun on this thread.

Ya know...

I think we should just checkup on the whole darn accusation by taxpayer and see what comes up...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush Friday said if any company involved in Iraqi reconstruction has overcharged the government, it will have to repay the extra funds...

...The Pentagon audit has raised questions about whether a subsidiary of Halliburton overcharged the U.S. government $61 million for gasoline imported from Kuwait to Iraq...

The Pentagon said Thursday a routine review turned up the potential overcharge by subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root, which was awarded a no-bid contract in March to rebuild Iraq's oil industry.

But there is no allegation that Halliburton unduly profited from the overpriced gas.

Halliburton says the higher cost was due to having to negotiate a short-term contract, at a time when there weren't enough trucks in Kuwait to deliver the fuel. It says trucks had to be brought in and shipping in a war zone pushed up the transportation and security costs as well.

In a statement, Halliburton insisted those costs are "pass through costs" and said the company "only recovers a few cents on the dollar."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/11/sprj.irq.halliburton/

Notice the $61 million that might have been overcharged as reported by the PENTAGON?

Let's see how the left runs with the numbers, shall we?

Audit: Halliburton Overcharged U.S. $100M
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/15/1453250

Halliburton Overcharged $108 Million, Report Says
http://www.therationalradical.com/2005/03/halliburton-overcharged-108-million.html

And the top dog of the made up numbers war...

Auditors: Halliburton Overcharged Taxpayers $1 Billion
http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=6684

Now let's look at Kelly Brown & Root stats...

Company Type - Subsidiary of Halliburton
Fiscal Year-End - December
2003 Sales (mil.) - $9,276.0
1-Year Sales Growth - 61.6%
2003 Employees - 64,000

http://www.hoovers.com/kbr/--ID__111095--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

Now let's compare that with their biggest competitor...Bechtel...

Company Type - Private
2003 Sales (mil.) - $16,337.0
1-Year Sales Growth - 40.6%
2003 Employees - 44,000
1-Year Employee Growth - (6.4%)

http://www.hoovers.com/bechtel/--ID__40059--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

How about that?....A private company makes almost DOUBLE than what Cheney's little Government & Infrastructure arm of Halliburton makes...with 20,000 LESS employees!...

Sounds like a whole bunch of inside connections to me.:roll:

Last edited:
AK_Conservative said:
What relivance does that have to him being president? NONE

Ignorant accusation that has abolutely nbo support for it!

What about your liberal congress buddies who voted against Funding for the troops gear in iraq?

This has no relivance to his ability to lead and develope policy! If so, you agree hiltler was the greatest leader in history!

Now since you apparently dont know, there is something in our economy called inflation! Gas is technically the same price (roughly) as it was years ago, BUT it is adjusted for inflation! What do you want president Bush to do on the subject since you are all knowing!

If this has anything to do with hurricane katrina, your accusation has no relivance! Your sarcasitic approach suggest he doesnt like blacks and elderly! Where is your proof? I know there is aboslutely not a shred of evidance to support your conclusion!

I love how clinton dove into Social Security and cut military funding to obtain a surplus! Numbers are not everything! Think of what the result of what he did first!

And you have never drank a beer or gotten intoxicated? He is human! He is not above natural law! So what if he got drunk in the past! Is he doing it now and creating policy? NO!

No,that is where you are wrong, you are below Bush, in a considerable amount! Everyting you just posted in the above, justifies you have no idea what you are talking about, therefore, you are more ignorant than how the liberals think of bush's knowledge!
You have been simply... PWNED:rofl

ALL :rwbelepha :bs TO cover Bushs BUTT!!!

NOT worth a reply!!!

AK_Conservative said:
:rofl You are interpreting my premise is such the wrong matter! I am laughing at your foolishness that you have no idea what you are talking about! Yet, you still try to prove your point over and over and over again but the only thing you are doing is digging a bigger whole! And yes your signature makes me laugh b/c iit is down right foolish!

They say LAUGHING is good for you!
See! I helped you to laugh!!! I want you to stay healthy.
I want you to keep posting! The more you post the better I look!!!

BTW: I don't know why all of a sudden Bush :cowboy: is so worried about Texas!
Hes from CONNECTICUT!:yes: :2rofll:

GySgt said:
Still with this? I guess as loing as we keep responding, this thread will stay alive. I hear ta President Bush uses 'Premium' gas instead of 'Regular' in his government limos. I DEMAND an INVESTIGATION to the OUTRIGHT WASTE of my TAX $$$$$$$ DOLLARS!!!

I shall have no more fun on this thread.
Give up? Ah! I don't blame ya!
Your posts were fun while they lasted!

taxpayer said:

And no it was not the toilet seat that was being investigated although the Democrats in congress at the time did spend too much time on such lame accusations. And THAT's the point. It was a bogus charge and has become an urban myth.

Stinger said:
And no it was not the toilet seat that was being investigated although the Democrats in congress at the time did spend too much time on such lame accusations. And THAT's the point. It was a bogus charge and has become an urban myth.

What's an urban myth?

....the bogus charge?...or the Democrats?:rofl

cnredd said:
Ya know...

I think we should just checkup on the whole darn accusation by taxpayer and see what comes up...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush Friday said if any company involved in Iraqi reconstruction has overcharged the government, it will have to repay the extra funds...

...The Pentagon audit has raised questions about whether a subsidiary of Halliburton overcharged the U.S. government $61 million for gasoline imported from Kuwait to Iraq...

The Pentagon said Thursday a routine review turned up the potential overcharge by subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root, which was awarded a no-bid contract in March to rebuild Iraq's oil industry.

But there is no allegation that Halliburton unduly profited from the overpriced gas.

Halliburton says the higher cost was due to having to negotiate a short-term contract, at a time when there weren't enough trucks in Kuwait to deliver the fuel. It says trucks had to be brought in and shipping in a war zone pushed up the transportation and security costs as well.

In a statement, Halliburton insisted those costs are "pass through costs" and said the company "only recovers a few cents on the dollar."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/11/sprj.irq.halliburton/

Notice the $61 million that might have been overcharged as reported by the PENTAGON?

Let's see how the left runs with the numbers, shall we?

Audit: Halliburton Overcharged U.S. $100M
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/15/1453250

Halliburton Overcharged $108 Million, Report Says
http://www.therationalradical.com/2005/03/halliburton-overcharged-108-million.html

And the top dog of the made up numbers war...

Auditors: Halliburton Overcharged Taxpayers $1 Billion
http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=6684

Now let's look at Kelly Brown & Root stats...

Company Type - Subsidiary of Halliburton
2003 Sales (mil.) - $9,276.0
1-Year Sales Growth - 61.6%
2003 Employees - 64,000

http://www.hoovers.com/kbr/--ID__111095--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

Now let's compare that with their biggest competitor...Bechtel...

Company Type - Private
2003 Sales (mil.) - $16,337.0
1-Year Sales Growth - 40.6%
2003 Employees - 44,000
1-Year Employee Growth - (6.4%)

http://www.hoovers.com/bechtel/--ID__40059--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

How about that?....A private company makes almost DOUBLE than what Cheney's little Government & Infrastructure arm of Halliburton makes...with 20,000 LESS employees!...

Sounds like a whole bunch of inside connections to me.:roll:

Well Bush did say that any company overcharging would have to pay the funds back, but he made NO mention about investigating a company for it! So I guess that they ALL filled his campaign pocket!:yes:
-------
Subsidiary---Bubsidiary!
Its still HALLIBURTON!!!:2bow:
-------
Sounds like a bunch of inside connections to me to, but it still doesn't let Halliburton and Bush:cowboy: (BTW:How does a cowboy fall off of a BIKE?) off the hook!

cnredd said:
What's an urban myth?

....the bogus charge?...or the Democrats?:rofl

touche'........

Stinger said:
:yes: They were showing a toilet seat saying why does it cost this much!

After much debating they came to the conlusion that it had to be really STRONG to support all the :elephantf :bs

taxpayer said:

They say LAUGHING is good for you!
See! I helped you to laugh!!! I want you to stay healthy.
I want you to keep posting! The more you post the better I look!!!
:rofl

keep telling yourself that! As yoiu keep on posting, you are changing your arguement to fit your needs fromthe facts that contradict your origional conclusion about halliburton! The further you keep posting, the better us conservatives look! Keep :comp:

BTW: I don't know why all of a sudden Bush :cowboy: is so worried about Texas!
Hes from CONNECTICUT!

What relivance does this have anyway?

AK_Conservative said:
:rofl

keep telling yourself that! As yoiu keep on posting, you are changing your arguement to fit your needs fromthe facts that contradict your origional conclusion about halliburton! The further you keep posting, the better us conservatives look! Keep :comp:

What relivance does this have anyway?
This relivance:

Bushs moved to Texas, bought cowboy hats:cowboy: , shot guns, horses, ranch and fooled everyone there into believing they were SOUTHERN Republicans who wanted everyone to keep their right to bear arms.

The sheep cons fell for this hook line and sinker. The Bushs knew that they would NEVER go far as Republican northerners who never shot a gun :yes: !

The sheep cons still don't know that the Bushs ROOTS are from a RICH NORTHERN STATE and they couldn't care less about anyones rights to bear arms.

taxpayer said:
This relivance:

Bushs moved to Texas, bought cowboy hats:cowboy: , shot guns, horses, ranch and fooled everyone there into believing they were SOUTHERN Republicans who wanted everyone to keep their right to bear arms.

The sheep cons fell for this hook line and sinker. The Bushs knew that they would NEVER go far as Republican northerners who never shot a gun :yes: !

The sheep cons still don't know that the Bushs ROOTS are from a RICH NORTHERN STATE and they couldn't care less about anyones rights to bear arms.
I don't normally do this but you should really start hanging out in democraticunderground.com so you can be with your like-mided friends...Throwing out this stuff is hardly contributable to debate...

They give out their tinfoil hats for free...

cnredd said:
I don't normally do this but you should really start hanging out in democraticunderground.com so you can be with your like-mided friends...Throwing out this stuff is hardly contributable to debate...

They give out their tinfoil hats for free...

You have to understand where I am comming from. I have read posts here that talk and joke around about Hillary not being from New York.
-------------
Now about relivance to the Bushs being from Conn.:

My thread is about Bush, Halliburton and Texas.

I added to that I don't know why Bush is so worried about Texas because he is from Conn. originaly. He is not a true Texan, his roots are from Conn. Besides when Bush left Texas as Gov. he left Texas in debt so why would he care about Texas now?

Prescott Bush, grandfather of our current President was from MASSACHUSETTS.

George Herbert Walker Bush was BORN in Massachusetts. Then Prescott Bush moved to Conn with his family including G.H.W. Bush and Prescott went on to be a senator from Conn.

Prescott knew he had "0" chance of being elected in Mass. as a Republican so he moved to Conn.

G.H.W.Bush, along with embarking on a career in the oil industry in Texas, he also knew that he could never go any higher than a Senator in Conn. (insert a Republican running for Pres from Conn. = NO CHANCE) so he moved to Texas taking his family with him including G.W. Bush.

G.W. Bush our current president was >>>born in Conn.<<< and moved along with his parents to Texas.

So to finalize, people here talked and joked about Hillary NOT being from New York, I talked and joked about the Bushs NOT being from Texas.
I could have said that the Bushs were originally from MASSACHUSETTS if I went back to G.W's grandfather but then I figured that would EMBARRASS the cons to much!!!:lol:
Finally, I'm sure the Bushs bought a ranch and all the other things I said they bought when they moved to Texas.
-------
Anyway the Bushs ROOTS really go back to >>>MASSACHUSETTS<<<!
Yes the same old Mass. that the :2usflag: >>>KENNEDYS<<< :2usflag: are from. Thats why Prescott moved to Conn, he knew that he could NEVER compete with the powerfull Kennedy family!
-------

BTW: On the radio right now they are talking about the possibility that Halliburton or a subsity of theirs used INFERIOR CHEAPER materials when they were involved in building the LEVEE in LOUISIANA!!!
TINFOIL HATS FOR FREE? Sure, why not!:2party:

taxpayer said:

You have to understand where I am comming from. I have read posts here that talk and joke around about Hillary not being from New York.
-------------
Now about relivance to the Bushs being from Conn.:

My thread is about Bush, Halliburton and Texas.

I added to that I don't know why Bush is so worried about Texas because he is from Conn. originaly. He is not a true Texan, his roots are from Conn. Besides when Bush left Texas as Gov. he left Texas in debt so why would he care about Texas now?

Prescott Bush, grandfather of our current President was from MASSACHUSETTS.

George Herbert Walker Bush was BORN in Massachusetts. Then Prescott Bush moved to Conn with his family including G.H.W. Bush and Prescott went on to be a senator from Conn.

Prescott knew he had "0" chance of being elected in Mass. as a Republican so he moved to Conn.

G.H.W.Bush, along with embarking on a career in the oil industry in Texas, he also knew that he could never go any higher than a Senator in Conn. (insert a Republican running for Pres from Conn. = NO CHANCE) so he moved to Texas taking his family with him including G.W. Bush.

G.W. Bush our current president was >>>born in Conn.<<< and moved along with his parents to Texas.

So to finalize, people here talked and joked about Hillary NOT being from New York, I talked and joked about the Bushs NOT being from Texas.
I could have said that the Bushs were originally from MASSACHUSETTS if I went back to G.W's grandfather but then I figured that would EMBARRASS the cons to much!!!:lol:
Finally, I'm sure the Bushs bought a ranch and all the other things I said they bought when they moved to Texas.
-------
Anyway the Bushs ROOTS really go back to >>>MASSACHUSETTS<<<!
Yes the same old Mass. that the :2usflag: >>>KENNEDYS<<< :2usflag: are from. Thats why Prescott moved to Conn, he knew that he could NEVER compete with the powerfull Kennedy family!
-------

BTW: On the radio right now they are talking about the possibility that Halliburton or a subsity of theirs used INFERIOR CHEAPER materials when they were involved in building the LEVEE in LOUISIANA!!!
TINFOIL HATS FOR FREE? Sure, why not!:2party:

OH MY GOD! you are too funny! One thing, Clinton never lived in New York b4 she ran for senate.. Bush Lived in Texas for a LOOOONG time before being elected to any office! Therefore, your arguement, or what of an arguement it is, is very very very weak!

Secondly, President Bush represents america, he is from the United States of America, it should not be any relivance of what state he is from to be concerned with it. You would not make a good politician! Drive this country into oblivion!

You need to start making sense becuase all you are doing is embarressing yourself by providing insignificant blabber, rhetoric, and useless comments!

Back
Top Bottom