• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

ITS OFFICAL! Bush puts HALIBURTON IN TEXAS

Thanks Gunny. It seems that taxpayer has no sentient idea of what Haliburton is or what it does. Taxpayer also has a habit of implying that Haliburton simply must be overcharging for their hurricane recovery services. Whatever happened to Due Process? Tomorrow, he will probably moan and groan on a thread about gasoline price-spikes and complain that Haliburton isn't working fast enough. With all his torrid complaints though, he never ever advances a different or better alternative. A chronic juvenile complainer.

Tashah said:
Thanks Gunny. It seems that taxpayer has no sentient idea of what Haliburton is or what it does. Taxpayer also has a habit of implying that Haliburton simply must be overcharging for their hurricane recovery services. Whatever happened to Due Process? Tomorrow, he will probably moan and groan on a thread about gasoline price-spikes and complain that Haliburton isn't working fast enough. With all his torrid complaints though, he never ever advances a different or better alternative. A chronic juvenile complainer.

There is a few of them floating around on this site.

taxpayer said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me they are a company that got off scott free after OVER CHARGING MILLIONS OF $$$$$$$$$ to American Taxpayers in Iraq and Afgainistan!!!

:roll:

That is because you seem to have no experience or understanding when it comes to billing such a large project nor any facts to back up that they over charged for anything and "got away" with anything. They submitted the bill the government as happens in every such situation questioned some of the items, they negotiated and settled on an amount. I do the very same in by business all the time.

Stinger said:
That is because you seem to have no experience or understanding when it comes to billing such a large project nor any facts to back up that they over charged for anything and "got away" with anything. They submitted the bill the government as happens in every such situation questioned some of the items, they negotiated and settled on an amount. I do the very same in by business all the time.

I am fairly inclined to agree with you, and I think that Haliburton has largely recieved a bad rap. However, government contractors are notorious for over billing the taxpayers. Anyone remember those 500 dollar toilet seats and 700 dollar hammer that routine defense spending audits routinely find?

heh, the gov won't do a damn thing about it because they need these contractors no matter what. So I imagine that is why they let it slide.

Not to mention the illuminati controls the corporations! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! ITS A CONSPIRACY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

obvious sarcasm for those of you with your meter broken today...

Last edited:
Tashah said:

HA! The old >>talk about someone when you can't answer ("1" "one") question!!!
Is this your way of WIGGLEEEEEEEING out of answering me???:roll: :doh

Now Tashah, try REAL hard to answer my question to you:

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID THAT HALLIBURTON ONLY DOES ONE THING!!!:roll:

GySgt said:
Based on your mannerisms in which you post, I have to ask. Are you 14 and merely posing as a 55 year old? Some examples...

"BONG! WRONG!"

"DUH!"

"YUP!"

"BUDDIES of BUSH!!!!"

As far as "BUSSHIE BOY"...I believe you are the proud Republican.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! I'm not like you! I don't name call!!! I'm creative!!!

I am a proud Republican???
>>>>>>>>>>>>READ MY SIG!!!<<<<<<<<<<
He Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Tashah said:

BTW, I like that statement you said! I agree 100% with you on this statement you made here in your above post::2wave:

"What ever happened to Due Process?":rock

BINGO! You finally agree with me about Halliburton! :hammer:

Halliburton OVER CHARGED the AMERICAN TAXPAYERS MILLIONS of $$$$$$ and Bushiee Boy let them just "PAY IT BACK" WITHOUT "DUE PROCESS" looking into the MILLIONS OF $$$$$$$ Halliburton over charged AMERICAN TAXPAYERS!!!
How about that! WE AGREE ABOUT "DUE PROCESS"!!!:bravo:

omg. This is too funny. :rofl

Taxpayer.. I love you man! You gave me a level of enjoyed i have not had in awhile, probably since the last time Ted Kennedy spoke! :donkeyfla

Dont deny it that Halliburton is one of them words that is a hot topic for you. If it wasnt, you would not have posted this garbage! you know nothing of the subject. You havent even posted any sites to back up ur so called claim! therefore, you are ignorant! :shock: Opps did i just say that a liberal was ignorant? Here comes the "neocon" term! LOL

You give me a level of enjoyment! I look forward to reading more of your posts while i sit back in my chair and laugh histarically! :rofl

Originally posted by Stinger:
Flour $100
It's not Flour, its F-L-U-O-R! Get it right. Sorry for being so sensitive but they have four years of my life a long time ago as an employee. No big deal.

Billo_Really said:
It's not Flour, its F-L-U-O-R! Get it right. Sorry for being so sensitive but they have four years of my life a long time ago as an employee. No big deal.

Did you take into consideration it could have been a typo? or was this a sarcastic comment? curious here:2funny:

taxpayer said:
Halliburton OVER CHARGED the AMERICAN TAXPAYERS MILLIONS of $$$$$$ and Bushiee Boy let them just "PAY IT BACK" WITHOUT "DUE PROCESS" looking into the MILLIONS OF $$$$$$$ Halliburton over charged AMERICAN TAXPAYERS!!!
Besides your ignorance of Haliburton as an entity, you also have no idea of how the government/corporate billing process works. You have provided no info to back up your specious claims, and you obviously only embrace due process when it suits your leftist political agenda.

In short, this thread is a sham. In all honesty, I must also add that you are perhaps the lamest liberal I have ever seen post here at DP. Your illusion in this thread is very reminiscent of 'The Emperor's New Clothes' fable.

Tashah said:
Besides your ignorance of Haliburton as an entity, you also have no idea of how the government/corporate billing process works. You have provided no info to back up your specious claims, and you obviously only embrace due process when it suits your leftist political agenda.

In short, this thread is a sham. In all honesty, I must also add that you are perhaps the lamest liberal I have ever seen post here at DP. Your illusion in this thread is very reminiscent of 'The Emperor's New Clothes' fable.

I second that! Though it did provide some comical entertainment!

This is a good example of a Liberal thread...

It starts with an accusation, then proceeds to "This is what I REALLY meant when I posted it" or "I was only trying to prove one point"...

When found to be bogus, the originator of the thread resorts to manipulating the intent instead of coming out with it during the original posting...

AK_Conservative said:
omg. This is too funny. :rofl

Taxpayer.. I love you man! You gave me a level of enjoyed i have not had in awhile, probably since the last time Ted Kennedy spoke! :donkeyfla

Dont deny it that Halliburton is one of them words that is a hot topic for you. If it wasnt, you would not have posted this garbage! you know nothing of the subject. You havent even posted any sites to back up ur so called claim! therefore, you are ignorant! :shock: Opps did i just say that a liberal was ignorant? Here comes the "neocon" term! LOL

You give me a level of enjoyment! I look forward to reading more of your posts while i sit back in my chair and laugh histarically! :rofl

>>>>>"SAD"<<<<< that A company that overcharged American Taxpayers MILLIONS of $$$$$$$ and was just asked to "give the money back" with NO questions asked ENTERTAINS YOU!

But if thats what it takes to make you laugh, then by all means >>>have a great laugh at American Taxpayers expense<<<

BUT remember, AMERICANS will NOT like you for sticking up for someone SCREWING AMERICANS!!!

Maybe someday you will take companys screwing AMERICANS seriously!!!

--------------

BTW: does my SIG make you LAUGH???

Tashah said:

So I take it that you do not like Americans because you don't mind Americans being over charged by a company that was paid PAID MILLIONS of $$$$$$$$ for NOTHING and then just asked to "PAY IT BACK" with NO INVESTIGATION!!! :roll: :doh

YOUR ignorance of this subject AMUSES ME!!!:lol:

Thanks for the LAUGH!!!:2wave:

BTW: YOU STILL CAN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION???

cnredd said:
This is a good example of a Liberal thread...

It starts with an accusation, then proceeds to "This is what I REALLY meant when I posted it" or "I was only trying to prove one point"...

When found to be bogus, the originator of the thread resorts to manipulating the intent instead of coming out with it during the original posting...

Well THANK YOU! You are the first to post to me with the word "GOOD" in it!!!:rock :cheers: :2party:

taxpayer said:
So I take it that you do not like Americans because you don't mind Americans being over charged by a company that was paid PAID MILLIONS of $$$$$$$$ for NOTHING and then just asked to "PAY IT BACK" with NO INVESTIGATION!!! :roll: :doh

YOUR ignorance of this subject AMUSES ME!!!:lol:

Thanks for the LAUGH!!!:2wave:

BTW: YOU STILL CAN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION???

What the hell even was your question? It's hard to tell while trying to hack through your CAPITOL letters and dollar $$$$$$$ signs and exclamation !!!!!! points and dashed -------------- lines.

If your whole chicken scratch of a thread is about an investigation...then no. I do not believe that every time someone or something hiccups around President Bush that an "investigation" is necessary. He caught their screw up and is making them pay the money back. He has done his job. End of issue.

Are we supposed to believe that you are angry that your tax dollars were wasted and are being returned without an investigation that would cost more tax dollars? I think not. This is just another way for you to bash the elected leader without the responsibility of reality. When in doubt.....cry "Haliburton."

GySgt said:
What the hell even was your question? It's hard to tell while trying to hack through your CAPITOL letters and dollar $$$$$$$ signs and exclamation !!!!!! points and dashed -------------- lines.

If your whole chicken scratch of a thread is about an investigation...then no. I do not believe that every time someone or something hiccups around President Bush that an "investigation" is necessary. He caught their screw up and is making them pay the money back. He has done his job. End of issue.

Are we supposed to believe that you are angry that your tax dollars were wasted and are being returned without an investigation that would cost more tax dollars? I think not. This is just another way for you to bash the elected leader without the responsibility of reality. When in doubt.....cry "Haliburton."

Not quite "END OF ISSUE!"

Sooooooo! YOU are calling Halliburtons OVER CHARGING AMERICANS MILLIONS of $$$$$, getting PAID for it and just asked to return the money with NO QUESTIONS asked a HICCUP AND CHICKEN SCRATCHING???:roll:

BTW: I am angry that Halliburton over charged AND got paid in the first place (the MILLIONS of $$$$$ was probably oked by another unqulified campaign contributer that Bush hired) and then Bushie just lets them return the money with "NO QUESTIONS ASKED and NO INVESTIGATION!!!"

Maybe I am out of the loop on this behavior of a President!!!
Please help me out here!

Have there been OTHER Presidents that have just ASKED companys to just return the OVER PAID MILLIONS of $$$$ with NO questions asked and NO investigation???

BTW: Sorry that I exposed your buddies, :stooges Bush, Cheney and Haliburton!

Last edited:
taxpayer said:

Not quite "END OF ISSUE!"

Sooooooo! YOU are calling Halliburtons OVER CHARGING AMERICANS MILLIONS of $$$$$, getting PAID for it and just asked to return the money with NO QUESTIONS asked a HICCUP AND CHICKEN SCRATCHING???:roll:

BTW: I am angry that Halliburton over charged AND got paid in the first place (the MILLIONS of $$$$$ was probably oked by another unqulified campaign contributer that Bush hired) and then Bushie just lets them return the money with "NO QUESTIONS ASKED and NO INVESTIGATION!!!"
Maybe I am out of the loop on this behavior of a President!!!
Please help me out here!

Have there been OTHER Presidents that have just ASKED companys to just return the OVER PAID MILLIONS of $$$$ with NO questions asked and NO investigation???

BTW: Sorry that I exposed your buddies, :stooges Bush, Cheney and Haliburton!

No you're not. :roll: You are angry at President Bush only. It is obvious. The government has been raped by contractors for decades and under every President. It is called free enterprise. This is why they always go to the lowest bidder and this is why, often, the product is crap. The system didn't change, because President Bush took office.

As far as exposures to my "buddies"....

1. Cheney doesn't have millions in Haliburton stock like people like to repeat. President Bush made him sell it when he accepted the Vice Presidency.

2. Cheney's 'payroll' that he recieves is part of a severance contract and does not depend or fluctuate with the profits or misfortunes of the company.

All you're doing is personally attacking a President that you don't like with ignorance. It must be a rotten time for a "proud Republican" like youself. Why do I get the impression that if there was an unnecessary investigation, you would protest the use of your tax dollars and attack my "buddies" anyway?

SouthernDemocrat said:
I am fairly inclined to agree with you, and I think that Haliburton has largely recieved a bad rap. However, government contractors are notorious for over billing the taxpayers. Anyone remember those 500 dollar toilet seats and 700 dollar hammer that routine defense spending audits routinely find?

And when you look more realistically at some of these claims you find they don't hold up so well to scrutiney. As I recall the "500 dollar toilet seat" was in fact part of the waste management system of the B2 bomber. A plane that flys 18 hour missions and the crew must have so way to relieve thier bodily functions. Now this was not a toilet seat they could just go down to Home Depot and purchase. I'm sure it was probably a stainless steel one, had to withstand high-g forces, had to pass other regorius testing, was design and engineer for only about a 150-200 production run. If it were to fail then a mission might be cancelled. Same with some of the tools that are cited, they are usually some special tool that had to be made in a very short production run which drives up the cost. So I'd like to know what anyone else could have produced it for.

Yes there is lot's of government waste, but it's too bad things like these get the spotlight and not the real waste and fraud.

taxpayer said:
I only mentioned the company that got caught OVERCHARGING "US, WE" AMERICAN TAXPAYERS "MILLIONS OF $$$$$$ in Iraq!!!:roll: :doh

THATS WHY!

GET IT???

Except they didn't get "caught over-charging", there was a billins dispute, the largest it turned out being a Kuwait firm over-charging through the Halibuton firm which was handling a government signed contract. Again you have no idea what you are talking about and how such HUGH contracts are billed and the fact that negoitiations over the final bills are SOP.

Are you also claiming that by singling out Halibuton that NONE of the other companies I cited with their contracts and ever had a billing dispute with the government? If you are not then why did you single out Haliburton?

GySgt said:
No you're not. :roll: You are angry at President Bush only. It is obvious. The government has been raped by contractors for decades and under every President. It is called free enterprise. This is why they always go to the lowest bidder and this is why, often, the product is crap. The system didn't change, because President Bush took office.

As far as exposures to my "buddies"....

1. Cheney doesn't have millions in Haliburton stock like people like to repeat. President Bush made him sell it when he accepted the Vice Presidency.

2. Cheney's 'payroll' that he recieves is part of a severance contract and does not depend or fluctuate with the profits or misfortunes of the company.

All you're doing is personally attacking a President that you don't like with ignorance. It must be a rotten time for a "proud Republican" like youself. Why do I get the impression that if there was an unnecessary investigation, you would protest the use of your tax dollars and attack my "buddies" anyway?

Now who said that I did not like BUSH???:roll:

1- I thing he is a pretty good bike rider.
OPPS! Forgot he fell a few weeks ago on his mountain bike.

2- I think he likes some Americans.
RICH Americans.

3- He likes our Troops and Vets.
OPPS! Forgot what he did to them like cut our troops hazordus duty pay and familys benifits while they were in the battle field and all the cuts he proposed to make to our Vets.

4- I like the way Bush speaks.
I just wish he would speak sentences in english that we could understand.

5- I like how Bush likes all business'.
Well, especially the BIG business'.

6- I like how Bush has addressed our HIGH and rising gasoline and home heating fuel.
Geez! I forgot again how Bush never mentioned or did anything about that till it got to around $3.50 per gallon then got on national TV and told us to "CONSERVE" gasoline and I guess he means home heating oil too!:sinking:

7- I like that Bush seems to like black kids and the elderly.
He must like them because he uses them in all of his photo opts.

8- I like how Bush kept CLINTONs $1-$2 TRILLION SURPLUS!
OPPS again! I forgot that he turned that into a $3 TRILLION DEFICIT!

9- I like that Bush was never drunk.
Well not since his old college days.

SEE! I like Bush! But in a different way than you!:2wave:

BTW: You seem to think that its alwright to personaly attack ME but NOT Bushie Boy! Heh! I consider myself to be a better human than he is!

Last edited:
Stinger said:
And when you look more realistically at some of these claims you find they don't hold up so well to scrutiney. As I recall the "500 dollar toilet seat" was in fact part of the waste management system of the B2 bomber. A plane that flys 18 hour missions and the crew must have so way to relieve thier bodily functions. Now this was not a toilet seat they could just go down to Home Depot and purchase. I'm sure it was probably a stainless steel one, had to withstand high-g forces, had to pass other regorius testing, was design and engineer for only about a 150-200 production run. If it were to fail then a mission might be cancelled. Same with some of the tools that are cited, they are usually some special tool that had to be made in a very short production run which drives up the cost. So I'd like to know what anyone else could have produced it for.

Yes there is lot's of government waste, but it's too bad things like these get the spotlight and not the real waste and fraud.

Well according to the congressmen that held it up on national TV that toilet seat seemed to be a regular toilet seat.

BTW: Notice how that $500.00 toilet seat was being investigated but Haliburtons over charging is not???

Stinger said:
Except they didn't get "caught over-charging", there was a billins dispute, the largest it turned out being a Kuwait firm over-charging through the Halibuton firm which was handling a government signed contract. Again you have no idea what you are talking about and how such HUGH contracts are billed and the fact that negoitiations over the final bills are SOP.

Are you also claiming that by singling out Halibuton that NONE of the other companies I cited with their contracts and ever had a billing dispute with the government? If you are not then why did you single out Haliburton?

Nice try BUT Halliburton was PAID the millions of $$$$$$$ first, then found out later.
Try over charging a company a few million of their money and putting it into YOUR account! See if they give you the same treatment as Bush gave Halliburton by just letting you put it back with NO QUESTIONs asked!:roll: :doh (enter the CIA, FBI, State Police, Local Police, Sheriffs office ETC.)

BTW: Just who are those "other companys" that had "MILLION $$$$ NO BID CONTRACTS" and were paid MILLIONS of $$$$ from over charging and when found out they were just told to "PUT THE MONEY BACK" with no questions asked???:doh

Back
Top Bottom