• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's not the Spanish cucumbers killing Germans

The source is apparently a farm specializing in organic food products,

"State authorities in Lower Saxony said they had sealed off the likely source of the suspect sprouts — a farm growing organic crops in Bienenbüttel, southeast of Hamburg — and ordered its operators to suspend sales of any other products".

Anyone who eats organic food is playing with their lives, and those of their families. It is one of the worst and most dangerous food fashions to come along in generations.

The source is apparently a farm specializing in organic food products,

"State authorities in Lower Saxony said they had sealed off the likely source of the suspect sprouts — a farm growing organic crops in Bienenbüttel, southeast of Hamburg — and ordered its operators to suspend sales of any other products".

Anyone who eats organic food is playing with their lives, and those of their families. It is one of the worst and most dangerous food fashions to come along in generations.

Not sure it's any more dangerous than the endless stream of food additives we put into our bodies day in and day out.

And don't think for one second that you're safe from e.coli just because you don't touch organic food. Both organic and non-organic products have been the cause of e.coli outbreaks. Unless you have some proof that organic food does have a higher rate of contamination and outbreaks, I suggest you stop giving people a false sense of security.

Not sure it's any more dangerous than the endless stream of food additives we put into our bodies day in and day out.

People are living longer than ever in large part to the chemicals which have destroyed dangerous bacterias. I just finished reading Bill Bryson's 'At Home' and it was a rather grim and depressing picture he painted of the darker side Mother Nature, and her invisible and silent inventions.
And don't think for one second that you're safe from e.coli just because you don't touch organic food. Both organic and non-organic products have been the cause of e.coli outbreaks. Unless you have some proof that organic food does have a higher rate of contamination and outbreaks, I suggest you stop giving people a false sense of security.

I''m aware of the possible dangers of what we eat, and largely ignore them, but would never bother with the phony 'organic gardening' thing. I'm aware of what germs and bacteria might do and will take my chances with the chemicals. So far I see them causing fewer problems.

The next time this happens I think they can just head straight to the organic farms and their investigation will be complete in hours.

I don't know about organic gardening, I don't really care where my veggies come from, but organic beef and chicken tastes way better than the regular kind.

I don't know about organic gardening, I don't really care where my veggies come from, but organic beef and chicken tastes way better than the regular kind.

Like all real men, I eat it all tartar with raw eggs. Its over in seconds so don't bother much with flavors.

I don't believe I've ever eaten any inorganic beef or veges. Not sure just where they would come from, or what they might be composed of. I'd be afraid to try it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom