• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's not legally stupid if one plans to plead guilty

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Folks are saying that Roger Stone's verbosity is detrimental to his legal case. I posit that it's not at all so if Stone's plan is to plead guilty, thus preventing the prosecution from presenting evidence that may implicate Trump, and get pardoned.

Folks are saying that Roger Stone's verbosity is detrimental to his legal case. I posit that it's not at all so if Stone's plan is to plead guilty, thus preventing the prosecution from presenting evidence that may implicate Trump, and get pardoned.

I'm not a lawyer but by my thinking that might not matter if he pleads guilty if it's seen by the legal eagles as trying to obstruct justice with the plea? Regardless, the truth is going to come out one way or another for all to see. Nixon did his best to deny and stall but in the end...the water gate opened and he was washed out of office.

I'm not a lawyer but by my thinking that might not matter if he pleads guilty if it's seen by the legal eagles as trying to obstruct justice with the plea? Regardless, the truth is going to come out one way or another for all to see. Nixon did his best to deny and stall but in the end...the water gate opened and he was washed out of office.

There is another angle to his prattling: depending on what and how much he says, he may make himself be not a good candidate for corroboration. If he's not, DoJ won't offer him a deal, and if he's not offered a deal, he won't have to ponder whether to take it. That's a rather risky (all eggs in one basket) and bizarre tactic, but if he's indeed committed to not "ratting" on Trump, and if he's very confident Trump'll pardon him, it may be the one he takes.

Were I Stone, knowing Trump as long/well as Stone does, I wouldn't take such a risk because over the years, I would have seen first hand how readily Trump will turn on folks who literally minutes before were his friends. When it comes down to Trump v. Trump's friends, Trump does only what Trump thinks is best for Trump. With an election coming up, I think Stone's a fool to expect a pardon anytime soon.

There is another angle to his prattling: depending on what and how much he says, he may make himself be not a good candidate for corroboration. If he's not, DoJ won't offer him a deal, and if he's not offered a deal, he won't have to ponder whether to take it. That's a rather risky (all eggs in one basket) and bizarre tactic, but if he's indeed committed to not "ratting" on Trump, and if he's very confident Trump'll pardon him, it may be the one he takes.

Were I Stone, knowing Trump as long/well as Stone does, I wouldn't take such a risk because over the years, I would have seen first hand how readily Trump will turn on folks who literally minutes before were his friends. When it comes down to Trump v. Trump's friends, Trump does only what Trump thinks is best for Trump. With an election coming up, I think Stone's a fool to expect a pardon anytime soon.

Absolutely agree, trump is for trump. He'll throw roger under the bus in a second. The reason I don't think manafort will ever really turn, he's afraid of the russians more that the united states legal system. He might get out of jail eventually, he won't be getting out of a coffin.

Back
Top Bottom