• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Its not about what you want

Robodoon said:
Well the Bible tells the story of mankind from beginning to end....

Not the true story.

Robodoon said:
its a very special book. Just like how it talks about the Number of the beast, that idea could not have been imagined before,

Of course it could have been imagined. It's just a number. It could have been any number pulled out of thin air... 333, 111, 987, 4892890...

Robodoon said:
Priests in the 1500's talked about it and scratched their heads, they didn't understand, but today we can understand....and it was written about so very long ago.

No, priests and religious scholars are just as clueless about that number today as they were back then.

The Real McCoy said:
Not the true story.

Oh do you have something better that has followed man for thousands of years, helped build nations and the first Free nation under God in 6000 years?

Of course it could have been imagined. It's just a number. It could have been any number pulled out of thin air... 333, 111, 987, 4892890...
No, its talking about marking all of mankind. That takes computers...they didn't have them 2000 years ago, the idea it self was out of reach.

No, priests and religious scholars are just as clueless about that number today as they were back then.
what planet do you come from?
:3oops:

Robodoon said:
Oh do you have something better that has followed man for thousands of years, helped build nations and the first Free nation under God in 6000 years?

Yes. Archaeology. Geology. Fossil records. Remains of settlings, artwork, tools, etc. Carbon-14 dating. Logic.

If you're referring to the United States, our founding principles are much deeper rooted in enlightenment philosophies such as Locke's Second Treatise of Government and Paine's Rights of Man than they are in the Bible.

robodoon said:
No, its talking about marking all of mankind. That takes computers...they didn't have them 2000 years ago, the idea it self was out of reach.

The idea was far from out of reach and computers would not be necessary. Tattoos have been around for thousands of years. A police state or a sort of Neighborhood Watch, obediant to an anti-christ figure, making sure everyone was properly marked would have been entirely plausable.

robodoon said:
what planet do you come from?
:3oops:

I think the question on the minds of all members of this forum is what planet do you come from?

Not the true story.

how so.

NICE EXPLAINING BUT I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE IN GOD, so whatever, my response isnt meant for you on that subject.

i believe in tranquility said:

According to the book of Genesis, the sun and moon were created AFTER plants began to grow on the Earth. A small dose of science and logic shreds this myth to pieces.

According to the book of Genesis, humans were created around 4,000 B.C. Again science, logic...

and on and on it goes...

NICE EXPLAINING BUT I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE IN GOD, so whatever, my response isnt meant for you on that subject.

I made it clear (at least I thought I did) that I DO believe in God.

The Real McCoy said:
I'll start off by saying that I believe God created the universe

Actually, I should say that I believe God to be the creator of the matter/energy that the forces of gravity, electromagnetism, etc. derive from and that constitute the physical universe.

Deism I guess would be the appropriate term for my belief.

According to the book of Genesis, the sun and moon were created AFTER plants began to grow on the Earth. A small dose of science and logic shreds this myth to pieces.

According to the book of Genesis, humans were created around 4,000 B.C. Again science, logic...

and on and on it goes...

Heres my take on that controvery with genesis and "evolution/before earth". TO TAKE THE CREATION STORIES IN GENESIS LITERALLY IS ABSURD, and plain stupid. Personally I dont beilve that woman was created from a rib, and I havent met someone who actually does.

Heres my take on that controvery with genesis and "evolution/before earth". TO TAKE THE CREATION STORIES IN GENESIS LITERALLY IS ABSURD, and plain stupid. Personally I dont beilve that woman was created from a rib, and I havent met someone who actually does.

So then these stories are not true, which validates my initial statement.

So, if Genesis is absurd, why isn't the rest of the Bible?

Looks like more cherry-picking of the Bible to support what you want.

So then these stories are not true, which validates my initial statement.

I did not say NOT TRUE, I said dont take them LITERALLY.

So, if Genesis is absurd, why isn't the rest of the Bible?

Looks like more cherry-picking of the Bible to support what you want.

Again, thats not what I said. I said to take Genesis literally is ABSURD, not "Genesis is Absurd".

Robodoon said:
Factual in the Human mind doesn't always mean fact.
As when you make your claims of "facts."

I have more then that, I have the Holy Spirit ;)
How do you know it is not Satan in a cheap suit fooling you?

Back
Top Bottom