• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Its not about what you want

Robodoon

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Its about what God wants and demands and is DUE HIM!

His word is the final word and is what we call "TRUTH"

There is nothing in Earth or Hell that will change that Solid Fact.

Kick and scream all you like, HIS WILL , WILL BE DONE!

Robodoon said:

If that's all true then what the heck are you so worried about?? Your master's will "will be done." Isn't that good for you? Yet you sound upset and kinda angry.

Robodoon said:

Two points.

One, in all of your threads, it has been you doing all of the kicking and screaming.

Two, all of your threads present more and more evidence of his will being left undone, and in many cases actively defied.

You seem awfully worried about being defeated, for someone who claims to have an omnipotent being on his side.

Korimyr the Rat said:
Two points.

One, in all of your threads, it has been you doing all of the kicking and screaming

And who am I kicking and screaming about?

Two, all of your threads present more and more evidence of his will being left undone, and in many cases actively defied.

Time has away of correcting things in time. ;) time takes time.

You seem awfully worried about being defeated, for someone who claims to have an omnipotent being on his side

I'm going to a death camp http://www.robodoon.com/VIDEO/USA%20TRAINYARD.wmv ....I'm just doing my duty.

First off, you're assuming there is a "God".

Secondly how do you know what his demands and wants are?
Lets pass him through a lie detector.
There is nothing in Earth
In Earth?????
Where is Hell??????
that will change that Solid Fact
Science.

Robodoon said:

And just what is the truth?

**** your God. Smite me now,bitch, if your there.

I'm not dead yet. Haha

not on earth...it is supposedly a demension beyond human capibility to describe without being there....

Now isn't that conveniant?

u tell me finn...

Well since you ask. . .yes it is.

I could just imagine the village chief holding an assembly and saying something like, "Hey guys. I just saw a vision--a demon! He told me that there is this really hot place called hell where some guy with horns lives and you all will die if you don't follow the rules. So be good! Or you will face eternal damnation!"

i just want to know what your essential point is, so I can debate against it, IF THAT IS NECCESARY...but whatever..you obviously dont have to if you dont want to.

Okay I'll humor you. Basically what I was trying to say is that things like Heaven or Hell, since nobody knows anything about them other then what comes from other peoples asses, means that they can't be true.

if nobody knew anything about them...we wouldnt be talking about it in the first place.

Robodoon said:

If there is something that "God" wants, then he can automatically have it. After all, isn't he supposedly omnipotent?

Robodoon said:

It may be what you call truth, I refer to that which is factual as being the truth.

Robodoon said:

Except that it's not a "solid fact", it is an opinion, yours.

Robodoon said:

I have no need to kick and scream. The facts tend to be on my side. All that you have, on the other hand, is one unsubstantiated book that was put together by a bunch of men.

i believe in tranquility said:
if nobody knew anything about them...we wouldnt be talking about it in the first place.

We talk about them because they are the ultimate hope and fear in our minds. Everybody wants to go to a place of absolute bliss for eternity and on the flip side, nobody in their right mind would ever want to be condemned to excruciating torment for eternity with no hope of escape. Neither of these places exist here on Earth so we envision them in the afterlife with no real proof of their existence other than human written texts.

Comrade Brian said:
First off, you're assuming there is a "God".

America founding Fathers believe in Him.

Secondly how do you know what his demands and wants are?
Well they are in the Bible or you could see Blackstones refs

Sir William Blackstone
(Blackstone's Commentaries on the Law was the recognized authority on the law for well over a century after 1776)

"Man, considered as a creature, must necessarily be subject to the laws of his Creator, for he is entirely a dependent being....And, consequently, as man depends absolutely upon his Maker for everything, it is necessary that he should in all points conform to his Maker's will...this will of his Maker is called the law of nature. These laws laid down by God are the eternal immutable laws of good and evil...This law of nature dictated by God himself, is of course superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries, and at all times: no human laws are of any validity if contrary to this...

"The doctrines thus delivered we call the revealed or divine law, and they are to be found only in the holy scriptures...[and] are found upon comparison to be really part of the original law of nature. Upon these two foundations, the law of nature and the law of revelation, depend all human laws; that is to say, no human laws should be suffered to contradict these.

Lets pass him through a lie detector.
Oh so let Man Judge God? WOW. besides God is the Author of Truth. His Creation is Truth,

In Earth?????
in or on works

Where is Hell??????
Not here.

LAUGH OUT LOUD , Science is just our best guess at things.

FinnMacCool said:
**** your God. Smite me now,bitch, if your there.

I'm not dead yet. Haha

Now isn't that conveniant?

WEll the Nazi's looked to the other, Hitler was a Thule member. So the people you hate so much believed in God, they were just working against Him on the other side.

MrFungus420 said:
If there is something that "God" wants, then he can automatically have it. After all, isn't he supposedly omnipotent?

He is, but people live in time, we think everything happens now in our life time, things are moving forward, but we the sheeple don't seem to understand TIME

It may be what you call truth, I refer to that which is factual as being the truth.
Factual in the Human mind doesn't always mean fact.

Except that it's not a "solid fact", it is an opinion, yours.
Nope

I have no need to kick and scream. The facts tend to be on my side. All that you have, on the other hand, is one unsubstantiated book that was put together by a bunch of men.

I have more then that, I have the Holy Spirit ;)

America founding Fathers believe in Him.
Yeah, because back then to not be a Christain you would be often times be a heretic, so people often said they were Christains out of fear. Christianity was the norm of those days. Also who cares if the "Founding Fathers" were Christain or not?
LAUGH OUT LOUD , Science is just our best guess at things.
Science is based on observations, theories, and facts. Religion is usually something from thousands of years ago where they couldn't fill in such blanks as is possible today, or the potential.

Religion is usually something from thousands of years ago where they couldn't fill in such blanks as is possible today, or the potential.

I gotta see this: explain to me how us humans came into being. THE WHOLE THING EVEN BEFORE EARTH TO NOW.

Comrade Brian said:
Yeah, because back then to not be a Christain you would be often times be a heretic, so people often said they were Christains out of fear. Christianity was the norm of those days. Also who cares if the "Founding Fathers" were Christain or not?

CHRISTIANS came to America for Religious Freedom, away from the "religions of men" Denominaitons, like the Church of England. Early Americans came here because they wanted to get away from the Church and worship God as they saw fit. And our founding fathers beliefs are important to Americans, because it was because of God and Christ that we claimed Liberty. Many people have forgotten that...and don't understand it today by Design of the Rich.

Science is based on observations, theories, and facts. Religion is usually something from thousands of years ago where they couldn't fill in such blanks as is possible today, or the potential.

Well the Bible tells the story of mankind from beginning to end....its a very special book. Just like how it talks about the Number of the beast, that idea could not have been imagined before, Priests in the 1500's talked about it and scratched their heads, they didn't understand, but today we can understand....and it was written about so very long ago.

I gotta see this: explain to me how us humans came into being. THE WHOLE THING EVEN BEFORE EARTH TO NOW.

I'll give it a shot...

I'll start off by saying that I believe God created the universe (roughly 13.7 billion years ago.)

Somewhere around 5 billion years ago, the remnants of a supernova in the form of a gas/dust cloud (nebula) consisting mostly of hydrogen began to clump together under the force of gravity. An accretion disk slowly began to form, rotating around the center (soon to be Sun.) The matter at the center (again, almost entirely hydrogen) continued to compress under the force of gravity, heating up. Eventually, a nuclear fusion reaction was triggered in the core. Meanwhile, smaller clumps of matter were forming in the accretion disk which later became planets. The inner planets were formed from mostly iron (a byproduct formed in the cores of dying stars) with trace amounts of heavier elements (gold, uranium, tungsten, etc.) byprodcuts of a suvernova.

But I digress.

Our planet began to slowly cool over the course of over a billion years. During this time Earth appeared much like Venus does today. Volcanoes erupting constantly, spewing lava, ash, water vapor, amonia, CO2, SO2, etc. When the planet was sufficiently cooled, oceans had formed which is where the first life began.

I think it was back in the 50s when the Miller experiment was conducted by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey. The purpose of the experiment was to recreate the conditions on Earth under which life began. They put water (to simulate oceans), hydrogen and ammonia (to represent the primitive atmosphere) in a sealed glass container and created an electric arc (to simulate lightning.) Week later, they checked it out and found 4 amino acids, various fatty acids and urea. Other subsequent experiements similar to Miller's have been tested with various compositions of atmospheric gasses (CO2, hydrogen, etc.) resulting in similar tarry substances rich in oganic matter) 2-3 billion years ago, these substances filled the oceans creating what we now call the Primordial Soup.

Eventually these amino acids formed into more complex carbon chains until they started to replicate, a sort of proto-DNA. Single celled organisms appeared, blah blah blah.. 570 million years ago, Cambrian explosion occured... blah blah blah... land animals appear 300 some odd million years ago... blah blah dinosaurs blah blah... cataclysimic event 65 million years ago... most life wiped out... ancestors to 5 major animal kingdoms evolved... 2 or 3 million years ago... ape like creates began to walk upright and develop larger cranial capacities.... blah blah blah... homo habilis, homo ergaster, homo erectus, (ancestors finally start migrating from Africa) homo neandethals, homo sapiens... blah blah blah... neolithic period... hunting and gathering, migrating.... blah blah blah... wise up and start farming, settling river valleys, civilizations flourish... empires rise and fall... sumer, babylon, egypt, assyria, bunch of chink dynasties out in east asia, greece, rome, byzantine, persia.... europe, ottoman, WW1... WW2.... we get nukes.... cold war... war on terror.... if terrorists get nukes, we then revert back to neolithic period. The end. Good night. Too tired for this.

Back
Top Bottom