• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's not about Biden, it's about removing Trump!

He wasn't President of the United States. Donald Trump was. That is the nature of how this works. Trump runs on his record of governance. He still does not have a record of governance. That's a problem. So Donald has to sell us on his personality, his integrity, his honesty, and his decency. That's another problem. So he has to sell us on his competence, his intelligence, his management style, his capacity to lead and inspire and his ability to pick the best and the brightest to advise him and guide him. That's another problem.
But he does have a record of governance, a very good one. He has led, inspired and managed the country very well for three years, under difficult circumstances. Still, the proof is in the results, and he has a long list of successes.

So all that is left for Donald to do, is cheat, obstruct/ disenfranchise voters, and steal this election . And that is where we are now.
You are just repeating alternate facts from your approved fake news source. We understand--haters have to hate.

So, we need to get rid of Trump so badly because he's such a meanie and you think he might ruin our country, that it's better to replace him with someone who PROBABLY WILL ruin our country.

Great plan.

Yeah, Joe Biden will ruin our country by strengthening Obamacare, instead of going to court to have it declared unconstitutional. Joe Biden will ruin our country by actually having Covid-19 policy guided by actual medical and scientific experts and not by something he saw on Fox News. Joe Biden will ruin our country by raising taxes back to where they were before Trump et al lowered them on the rich and corporations. Joe Biden will ruin our country by re-implementing environmental policies that were disbanded under Trump. Joe Biden will ruin our country by raising the minimum wage. Joe Biden will ruin our country by putting competent people in charge of the Postal Service, who aren't sycophants. Joe Biden will ruin our country by supporting Social Security and Medicare, instead of promising to eliminate their funding source, like Trump did. Joe Biden will ruin our country by fostering cooperation instead of division and healing race relations.

Can't imagine how ruined America will be after Biden does all those horrible things.

But he does have a record of governance, a very good one. He has led, inspired and managed the country very well for three years, under difficult circumstances. Still, the proof is in the results, and he has a long list of successes.

You are just repeating alternate facts from your approved fake news source. We understand--haters have to hate.
You are right, remember when Trump got Kim Jong-un to destroy his nuclear stockpiles and missiles? Oh wait...
Remember when Trump tax-cuts on the rich and corporations resulted in increased investment and higher wages for workers? Oh wait... corporations mainly used those tax-cuts to buy back their own stock.
Remember when Trump unveiled his Obamacare replacement, that covered everyone, lowered premiums, covered more illnesses, etc? Oh wait, the GOP plan put back exclusions for pre-existing conditions and raised premiums so much that many people over 50 couldn't afford it.
Remember when slashing environmental regulations brought back all those high-paying coal jobs? Oh wait, coal employment continued its decline.
Remember when Trump's tariffs on China did wonders for our exports? Oh wait, they didn't. In fact, farmers got so hurt that Trump gave them a taxpayer funded bailout that cost more than the auto bailout.
Remember when Trump's prediction that 'we have 15 [Covid-19] cases this week that will be zero next week,' came true? Me neither.

Those are the facts.

Which is not enough to win the election. The problem is that Joe offers nothing else.

oh yes it is

people realize what a threat Trump is, how over his head the job is, how uncaring for anyone but himself he is

the sore losers never got over the fact that the MSM promised them that Hillary was going to win, and she didn't. The faithful never gave Trump a chance-they wanted to remove him before he took the oath of office. I sure hope he wins-I want to see what it does to the psyches of the people who tried to get rid of Trump from early November 2016 on

on day one of his administration he introduced "alternative facts"

you should be ashamed to support him, I know I am ashamed of you

You are right, remember when Trump got Kim Jong-un to destroy his nuclear stockpiles and missiles? Oh wait...
Remember when Trump tax-cuts on the rich and corporations resulted in increased investment and higher wages for workers? Oh wait... corporations mainly used those tax-cuts to buy back their own stock.
Remember when Trump unveiled his Obamacare replacement, that covered everyone, lowered premiums, covered more illnesses, etc? Oh wait, the GOP plan put back exclusions for pre-existing conditions and raised premiums so much that many people over 50 couldn't afford it.
Remember when slashing environmental regulations brought back all those high-paying coal jobs? Oh wait, coal employment continued its decline.
Remember when Trump's tariffs on China did wonders for our exports? Oh wait, they didn't. In fact, farmers got so hurt that Trump gave them a taxpayer funded bailout that cost more than the auto bailout.
Remember when Trump's prediction that 'we have 15 [Covid-19] cases this week that will be zero next week,' came true? Me neither.

Those are the facts.
Trump did get Kim Jung Un to negotiate and meet with him and with South Korea. It's more than Obama managed
The tax reform did result in higher exports, more jobs and better wages. Clear win there.
They didn't repeal ACA, though not for lack of trying.
He did get coal jobs back, increased coal exports and bought the industry some time.
Recognizing that China is an enemy and had been cheating on our deals is not a bad thing.
Cutting off direct flights to China was a great move that was heavily criticized at the time.

If that is your idea of facts, then you need to go back to school.

oh yes it is people realize what a threat Trump is, how over his head the job is, how uncaring for anyone but himself he is
It may be enough for you. It maybe enough for the TDS cult. It is not enough to win an election, particularly not when the economy is a big issue. Even people that dislike TRump think he's good with the economy.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval - Economy

170K dead, -33% GDP growth. Still no strategy.

How many of those dead were pre-COVID? What was the growth rate pre-COVID?

Picking “facts” out of context does make your position valid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the facts.

Wait. COVID didn't magically disappear?

How many of those dead were pre-COVID? What was the growth rate pre-COVID?

Picking “facts” out of context does make your position valid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the people who died of COVID were dead pre-COVID.

Yeah, Joe Biden will ruin our country by strengthening Obamacare, instead of going to court to have it declared unconstitutional.

Strengthening it how, so we have even less choice?

Joe Biden will ruin our country by actually having Covid-19 policy guided by actual medical and scientific experts and not by something he saw on Fox News.

I've asked this half a dozen times to no avail, but I'll try again: what is Biden going to do to make people in FL or CA wear masks?

Joe Biden will ruin our country by raising taxes back to where they were before Trump et al lowered them on the rich and corporations.

You mean back before the stock market rose 50%, and unemployment was 5%, instead of 3.5% as it was before the pandemic?

Joe Biden will ruin our country by re-implementing environmental policies that were disbanded under Trump.

Like the Green New Deal? Oh boy!

Joe Biden will ruin our country by raising the minimum wage.

Good idea, because everyone knows that Kentucky and California need to have the same minimum wage.

Joe Biden will ruin our country by supporting Social Security and Medicare

Including for everyone who sneaks across the border and lives here illegally, aye?

Trump did get Kim Jung Un to negotiate and meet with him and with South Korea. It's more than Obama managed
The tax reform did result in higher exports, more jobs and better wages. Clear win there.
They didn't repeal ACA, though not for lack of trying.
He did get coal jobs back, increased coal exports and bought the industry some time.
Recognizing that China is an enemy and had been cheating on our deals is not a bad thing.
Cutting off direct flights to China was a great move that was heavily criticized at the time.

If that is your idea of facts, then you need to go back to school.

It may be enough for you. It maybe enough for the TDS cult. It is not enough to win an election, particularly not when the economy is a big issue. Even people that dislike TRump think he's good with the economy.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval - Economy

I'm not going to argue each of those points, because it would be off-topic.
However, Trump met with Kim and Trump thought he was negotiating but Kim played him. He got Trump to stop joint military actions with S. Korea and the meeting itself gave Kim the world status he desperately wanted. Trump got nothing. A meeting and the best chocolate cake you ever had, isn't an accomplishment.

You did not refute what I wrote, hence your response to me is a deflection; a red herring fail.

And now you are asking irrelevant questions also meant to deflect. Refute what I wrote in my post above. Remember? We were talking about your stupid claim that people are stuck in the basement due to Trump.

1-I didn't say that.
2-You are trying to deflect the federal incompetence onto the governors. Do you believe the governors should have been put in the position of bidding against each other to acquire PPE?
3-How's that state control working out?

Uh huh. Please post the quote where I stated that Hillary was a shoo-in.

So you don't adhere to the Liberal ideas of you "Independent" party? Grow a spine and accept you are a Dim.

I'm not going to argue each of those points, because it would be off-topic.
However, Trump met with Kim and Trump thought he was negotiating but Kim played him. He got Trump to stop joint military actions with S. Korea and the meeting itself gave Kim the world status he desperately wanted. Trump got nothing. A meeting and the best chocolate cake you ever had, isn't an accomplishment.

Come on MTA, admit that he skewered your position.

Biden speaks to the press plenty, and he makes plenty of statements on Twitter. What you're confused about is the 24/7 in-your-face presence of Trump, who sucks up the oxygen at such a rate that no rain forest on the planet can keep pace with. As a result, you've become conditioned to think of this as "normal."

It's not normal.

You're just going to have to get used to Trump's failure and his corruption being in the spotlight. Trump demands that he have that attention. Well, he's got it.

Intravenous cultists.

Back
Top Bottom