• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's not about Biden, it's about removing Trump!

"It's not about Biden, it's about removing Trump!"

Captain Obvious has entered the chat.

Yet despite this display of faux-realism (and agreeing with CNN, gasp!) I predict the good Captain will be back in the other threads going on about Biden the Messiah or the Great White Hope.

They haven't quite decided whether they concede voters realize Biden 'isn't all that' and will vote for him anyway because Trump has been so awful, or whether they want to paint the Biden candidacy with a cultist's brush because that's how they view their own candidate.

mrjurrs said:
Who is in charge of the US Federal government's response to a global pandemic?
The states are responsible for mandates on social distancing, etc.
I don't know what state that poster lives in nor do I care but if he is still stuck in his basement perhaps he should protest to his governor.
So, the fact that we have a department called the Federal Emergency Management Administration and we used to have a Pandemic Response team, before Trump disbanded it, doesn't mean anything?

Two decades of pandemic war games failed to account for Donald Trump

"The scenarios foresaw leaky travel bans, a scramble for vaccines and disputes between state and federal leaders, but none could anticipate the current levels of dysfunction in the United States."

What was the ‘blue plate special’ today?

A sack of potatoes delivered on a blue plate to The Biden Basement and CNN was notified in advance to get the Bigly News story and CNN was very disappointed when it was passed through a doggie door!

Another “No Show Joe” performance to avoid answering questions from the Press!

Roseann:)

many elections are about voting someone out.

Red herring. ^
Again, look to your governor if you are still stuck in your basement due to Covid.

Red herring-'something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting'.

Nope, you're misreading my post. In global issues, the Federal government must stand up. Do you expect states to lead on climate change? How about nuclear proliferation?

Red herring-'something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting'.

Nope, you're misreading my post. In global issues, the Federal government must stand up. Do you expect states to lead on climate change? How about nuclear proliferation?

You did not refute what I wrote, hence your response to me is a deflection; a red herring fail.

And now you are asking irrelevant questions also meant to deflect. Refute what I wrote in my post above. Remember? We were talking about your stupid claim that people are stuck in the basement due to Trump.

How many NFL teams have gotten an early lead, tried to play defense and ended up losing.

This is the Dems' high water mark week. They have whatever buzz the VP nomination and they get to make a bunch of speeches that no one will watch. It's all downhill from here.

The states are responsible for mandates on social distancing, etc.
I don't know what state that poster lives in nor do I care but if he is still stuck in his basement perhaps he should protest to his governor.

How's the rate of infection in your state?

You can look it up if you want...
I mostly pay attention to my county, and yes, we are doing better.
County Case Rate Drops (San Diego News Matters) | KPBS

Yes, it seem that your county has for the FIRST time this summer dropped below the metric used to loosen things up. Too bad you had to go through this a second time because everyone got out of their basements a bit prematurely. The virus is raging through states that thought it all a hoax to keep people in the basement. And the guy in the WH likes to stoke that fire. He loves it when people blame each other and are divided.

Yes, it seem that your county has for the FIRST time this summer dropped below the metric used to loosen things up. Too bad you had to go through this a second time because everyone got out of their basements a bit prematurely. The virus is raging through states that thought it all a hoax to keep people in the basement. And the guy in the WH likes to stoke that fire. He loves it when people blame each other and are divided.

No, we were loosened up before, opened the economy too soon, and here we are....trying to open again.

However, we, actually the entire state of CA., are in the midst of a heatwave, and people without masks, and social distance ignorers are flocking to the beach once again, so we will see how long our recent improving numbers last.

Nobody needs to be in a basement, period. Masks, social distancing, handwashing is enough for most who are in good health.
Let's stop being silly, and scapegoating the president for the blatant irresponsibility of our citizens.

The American public is pretty sick of being stuck in their own basements due to Trump's botched pandemic response.

I don't know anyone "stuck in their own basement", except liberal snowflakes (I know, that's an oxymoron) like Joe Biden, and apparently, you.

A sack of potatoes would certainly be far more effective a leader and less of a national embarrassment that Trump.

How quickly you forget Barry...

It's long past time for Joe Biden to start taking questions from the press - CNNPolitics

Just curious how long they think that will fly with the American public.
So you think electing a sack of potatoes will work?
Even CNN wants Joe to come out of the basement!

:cool:

So, we need to get rid of Trump so badly because he's such a meanie and you think he might ruin our country, that it's better to replace him with someone who PROBABLY WILL ruin our country.

Great plan.

So, we need to get rid of Trump so badly because he's such a meanie and you think he might ruin our country, that it's better to replace him with someone who PROBABLY WILL ruin our country.

Great plan.

Look around.

Trump has ruined our country

A sack of potatoes delivered on a blue plate to The Biden Basement and CNN was notified in advance to get the Bigly News story and CNN was very disappointed when it was passed through a doggie door!

Even Mike Wallace and CNN is calling Biden out for his obvious avoidance of the media.

No, we were loosened up before, opened the economy too soon, and here we are....trying to open again.

However, we, actually the entire state of CA., are in the midst of a heatwave, and people without masks, and social distance ignorers are flocking to the beach once again, so we will see how long our recent improving numbers last.

Nobody needs to be in a basement, period. Masks, social distancing, handwashing is enough for most who are in good health.
Let's stop being silly, and scapegoating the president for the blatant irresponsibility of our citizens.

I realize you loosened up before, prematurely. That's why I said First time this summer.

I've always considered being in the basement a metaphor for not getting out and mixing it up socially. I don't know anyone literally trapped in their basement. I know lots of people who have very seriously curtailed their excursions into public areas.

It is not at all silly to put the responsibility for the ridiculous lack of leadership shown by our president squarely on his shoulders. You cannot insist that you have not heard him mock the actions of governors of blue states and insist that social distancing is not required at his "rally's" He even visits hospitals without wearing a mask. He applauds governors in Florida and Texas who acted in ways completely devoid of care or attention to the advice of experts. So though I agree that many of our citizens are complete assholes, they look to leadership to the biggest asshole we know right now.

many elections are about voting someone out.

And many elections are about not voting someone in... Watch out for the silent majority. They-B-coming in Nov.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. What is going on in California is outrageous. The draconian hand the governor has placed on the people for months, frankly I can't blame them for no longer listening to him. People have reached a breaking point.

Get back to me when puberty is in your past!

:2wave:

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. What is going on in California is outrageous. The draconian hand the governor has placed on the people for months, frankly I can't blame them for no longer listening to him. People have reached a breaking point.

I truly suspect Gov. Newsom takes his cues from Auntie SF Nan.
I wouldn't be surprised to see many moderates, and even slightly liberals, crossover to Trump or not showing up to vote at all in the Nov. presidential elections.

Back
Top Bottom