• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's easy to oppose gun control when you are white

You post some of the stupidest **** I've ever seen. The title of this thread alone, should be nominated for a Darwin award. :roll:

Easier to oppose gun control when you're white?

The racial divide on gun deaths in America « Hot Air

About half the victims of gun homicide are African-American. Gun violence has wreaked absolute havoc on communities of color. While white people complain about sex education and argue about evolution, PoC just hope their kids can get to school without being shot by a police officer or a vigilante.

Is it too much to ask to give up the right to own 16 different firearms so that maybe communities of color can be a little more safe?

Re: Easier to oppose gun control when you're white?

About half the victims of gun homicide are African-American. Gun violence has wreaked absolute havoc on communities of color.

Who is inflicting the harm?

I ask this as a person of color.

While white people complain about sex education and argue about evolution, PoC just hope their kids can get to school without being shot by a police officer or a vigilante.

Is it too much to ask to give up the right to own 16 different firearms so that maybe communities of color can be a little more safe?

Yes it is.

A better solution would be to end the war on drugs.

About half the victims of gun homicide are African-American. Gun violence has wreaked absolute havoc on communities of color. While white people complain about sex education and argue about evolution, PoC just hope their kids can get to school without being shot by a police officer or a vigilante.

there is going to be a dog pile on you for this post in 5.....4....3....

What seems to be absent is exactly what new effective gun control measures are favored.

roughly 90% of those guns were either stolen or purchased illegally, not through the legal channels where background checks and others precautions apply

I assume that since 90% of "those guns" (guns used to kill black folks?) were obtained illegally that only 10% could even potentially be stopped by adding more strict gun control laws. Adding more costs and red tape for all legal gun sales would do nothing to stop the currently illegal methods for getting a gun.

You post some of the stupidest **** I've ever seen. The title of this thread alone, should be nominated for a Darwin award. :roll:

Certainly the opener could stand a bit more editorial.

A better solution would be to end the war on drugs.
I agree with this statement....but it won't happen because people can't see the big picture

"they see through the glass darkly"

but it would impact gun violence in a positive way, yes

You are free to ask all the people you want to give up their fundamental right to keep and bear arms. And they are free to ignore you completely.

why should people who don't cause problems with firearms give up their weapons so that those who are already banned from owning them will somehow start following the laws?

did it ever occur to you that many of those black shootings take place in areas where most people-white black brown, or other, cannot legally own firearms or owning them is a hassle?

I agree with this statement....but it won't happen because people can't see the big picture

"they see through the glass darkly"

but it would impact gun violence in a positive way, yes

well you seem to be on the right page concerning the war on drugs. the silly war on drugs has created a massive black market which in turn leads to massive turf wars by rival black marketeers fighting each other. That, and the costs of the illegal narcotics, fuels massive violence

yet your posts in the past suggest you want to ban or severely restrict legal access to firearms which would create the same black markets for firearms that we have for drugs

Is this not a complete duplicate of the thread you just made?

HE apparently has started two threads with the same title

Was it any less stupid the second time?

LOL, in the second version he merely cited the article rather than telling us to give up our firearms so felons in the inner city will somehow start obeying laws against engaging in racketeering and armed robbery and premeditated murder

Is this not a complete duplicate of the thread you just made?

Not really - since it now includes a "gun control" proposal to ban (all?) guns since some black folks violate current (gun?) laws more than some white folks do. What is next? Should we all stop driving since some folks elect to drive drunk and kill folks?

well you seem to be on the right page concerning the war on drugs. the silly war on drugs has created a massive black market which in turn leads to massive turf wars by rival black marketeers fighting each other. That, and the costs of the illegal narcotics, fuels massive violence
as well as massive profits I fully agree with this

yet your posts in the past suggest you want to ban or severely restrict legal access to firearms which would create the same black markets for firearms that we have for drugs
this part too is true, I would be in favour of tight controls as I do not believe the average individual has the need for nor the expertise to have a personal arsenal of weapons in their home

this part too is true, I would be in favour of tight controls as I do not believe the average individual has the need for nor the expertise to have a personal arsenal of weapons in their home

what you think others NEED is not really relevant to a constitutional right

I don't play golf, dance or skateboard. so why do we clutter up nice rifle ranges with golf tees? and who needs kneepads or leotards?

Gun control would be an attempt to solve a symptom and not the underlying problems that lead to gun violence in many of these inner city neighborhoods. I think a better approach would be to improve things so that people didnt feel the need to harm others.

Okay, rights are not based on needs. They are pre-existing fundamental liberties that exist in nature, they are not dependent upon any other factor except a natural order that cannot be granted, only taken away by force, I am not going to allow anyone to take away my rights under any reasoning or circumstances.

Secondly, I have needed my firearm more than three times, and have had it for only three of those times due to following the rules and laws of our society, the times I didn't have it fortunately the other guy had a knife or fists and I was able to either diffuse or otherwise end the situation, but let me tell you from experience that when you NEED a firearm and don't have it, it is not a comfortable situation to put it lightly.

Lastly, since we already have the pre-existing right to arms, I am not concerned with the wish list of people who favor the opposite. I have the right, end of conversation.

what you think others NEED is not really relevant to a constitutional right

I don't play golf, dance or skateboard. so why do we clutter up nice rifle ranges with golf tees? and who needs kneepads or leotards?
I can be more dangerous with a set of golf clubs. Last time I played we were rushing to finish because a tournament was starting at a set time and I was all over the place, missed some poor dude by a matter of feet on a miffed pull to the right, I was using new distance clubs and it would have royally ****ed his day up had that liner hit him. :doh

Okay, rights are not based on needs. They are pre-existing fundamental liberties that exist in nature, they are not dependent upon any other factor except a natural order that cannot be granted, only taken away by force, I am not going to allow anyone to take away my rights under any reasoning or circumstances.

Secondly, I have needed my firearm more than three times, and have had it for only three of those times due to following the rules and laws of our society, the times I didn't have it fortunately the other guy had a knife or fists and I was able to either diffuse or otherwise end the situation, but let me tell you from experience that when you NEED a firearm and don't have it, it is not a comfortable situation to put it lightly.

Lastly, since we already have the pre-existing right to arms, I am not concerned with the wish list of people who favor the opposite. I have the right, end of conversation.

A concept utterly lost on the gun grabbers, who's main goal seems to be punishing law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals. While doing nothing to limit the ability of said criminals to do harm, in fact, enhancing it.

I can be more dangerous with a set of golf clubs. Last time I played we were rushing to finish because a tournament was starting at a set time and I was all over the place, missed some poor dude by a matter of feet on a miffed pull to the right, I was using new distance clubs and it would have royally ****ed his day up had that liner hit him. :doh

or when some guy just spent 500 bucks on some hotshot titanium driver and misses the fairway by a 100 yards and then chucks the thing as if he's a Russian Hammer thrower

Gun control would be an attempt to solve a symptom and not the underlying problems that lead to gun violence in many of these inner city neighborhoods. I think a better approach would be to improve things so that people didnt feel the need to harm others.
I find that most dumb laws focus on symptoms rather than causes as a knee jerk reaction. It's like trying to treat an aneurism with Tylenol.

Back
Top Bottom