• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's done. The House has voted in favor of House Resolution 24.

It’s unclear what happens from here. As mentioned earlier, unless the Senate trial takes place before trump leaves office, I don’t think the Senate has constitutional jurisdiction, Impeachment 2.0 – No, the Senate cannot convict Trump after he leaves office. That said, as a reader pointed out to me, the likelihood SCOTUS would issue an injunction halting a Senate trial is significantly less than SCOTUS making a ruling once Trump has been convicted (if that happens) and suffers some concrete harm. So the Senate could have its trial, but whether the result stands would be the issue.

Never forget the names of the 192 republicans who voted against.

Also will be worth remembering the 10 that sided with the rule of law.

Liz Cheney, WY
Tony Gonzalez, OH
Jaime Herrera-Beutler, WA
John Katko, NY
Adam Kinzinger, Ill.
Peter Meijer, MI
Dan Newhouse, WA
Tom Rice, SC
Fred Upton, MI
David Valadao, CA

232 for, 107 against and 5 not voting. The die is cast.

Cheers, be well and be safe.
Evilroddy.

Am I right that Liz Cheney is the only Republican woman to vote for impeachment? I cannot tell from the names.

Trump is a pariah now. He didn't have far to fall, but the crash is resounding. There's going to be a cascade of people and companies distancing themselves from his toxic ass and he won't have his usual outlets to whine.

Bankruptcy and divorce are next up.

Those 197 R’s are the ones who’ll be running the House in 2023 if the GOP wins back the House. They’ll immediately begin investigating Biden.

Redistricting and Reapportionment heavily favor the GOP. The R’s will now vote to kick Cheney out of leadership. Only GOP division can save the D’s.

Liz Cheney, WY
Tony Gonzalez, OH
John Katko, NY
Adam Kinzinger, Ill.
Peter Meijer, MI
Dan Newhouse, WA
Tom Rice, SC
Fred Upton, MI
David Valadao, CA
The only House Republicans who have real credibility IMO; I'd put the ones not on this list but who voted down the objections to the certification in a purgatory category. As for the others, they are going to that third option besides heaven and purgatory.

It’s unclear what happens from here. As mentioned earlier, unless the Senate trial takes place before trump leaves office, I don’t think the Senate has constitutional jurisdiction, Impeachment 2.0 – No, the Senate cannot convict Trump after he leaves office. That said, as a reader pointed out to me, the likelihood SCOTUS would issue an injunction halting a Senate trial is significantly less than SCOTUS making a ruling once Trump has been convicted (if that happens) and suffers some concrete harm. So the Senate could have its trial, but whether the result stands would be the issue.

You can be impeached after leaving the office. The founding fathers themselves did it.

Why? Have you been appointed attendance taker at the gulag?

You have to keep track of those who support traitors. Never know when they'll attempt another coup.

Liz Cheney, WY
Tony Gonzalez, OH
John Katko, NY
Adam Kinzinger, Ill.
Peter Meijer, MI
Dan Newhouse, WA
Tom Rice, SC
Fred Upton, MI
David Valadao, CA

Thanks Luce. I will donate to all of their campaigns in 2022.

You have to keep track of those who support traitors. Never know when they'll attempt another coup.
Well thats really stupid and dishonest but thats the modern left.

What would be stupid would be to trust you guys after last week.
What guys? You are being dishonest again. Perhaps you cant help yourself.

It’s unclear what happens from here. As mentioned earlier, unless the Senate trial takes place before trump leaves office, I don’t think the Senate has constitutional jurisdiction, Impeachment 2.0 – No, the Senate cannot convict Trump after he leaves office.
"Legal Insurrection?" Maybe you ought to rethink that choice.

Anyway. That camp usually cites is one feasible reason (he's not in office, and cannot be removed) and one bad reason (a misreading of the Constitution, which conflates punishments with a schedule). My guess is he can be impeached, since the other punishment of an impeachment is preventing the individual from holding any public office.

Since Trump racked up his second impeachment, I think we're gonna find out.

Thanks Luce. I will donate to all of their campaigns in 2022.
Kinzinger is my Rep. I searched ‘Kinzinger campaign donations’ and the first hit is OpenSecrets.org. Pretty illuminating.

We (Illinois) will lose at least one CD this year. Trump didn’t get the Census done by 12/31. That’s another mess Biden inherits.

Back
Top Bottom