• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's come to this ...

NatMorton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
... not fifteen minutes ago ... just a mile or so from my home ... and for the first time in over forty years of voting ... through ten elections for President of the United States ... I ... voted ... for ... a ... Democrat.

I feel so dirty.

Ewww! :giggle:

Was a nose plug moment or do you feel good about it?

3rd party feelz good man.

Ewww! :giggle:

Was a nose plug moment or do you feel good about it?

3rd party feelz good man.
I did a write-in back in 2016 as, in my estimation, both candidates failed my threshold for integrity for the job. I'm hard pressed to think of a single policy of Biden's I support, but by Washington standards I think he's basically an honorable man. Given his resume I can't really claim he's unqualified for the job in the same way I believe Trump or Hillary to be.

I suppose it was less a "nose plug" moment and more like the character Gollum screaming "it burns us!" (And you should have seen the looks I got from the polling site volunteers.)

I suppose it was less a "nose plug" moment and more like the character Gollum screaming "it burns us!" (And you should have seen the looks I got from the polling site volunteers.)
Did they know who you voted for?

I did a write-in back in 2016 as, in my estimation, both candidates failed my threshold for integrity for the job. I'm hard pressed to think of a single policy of Biden's I support, but by Washington standards I think he's basically an honorable man. Given his resume I can't really claim he's unqualified for the job in the same way I believe Trump or Hillary to be.

How can you say Joe Biden is an honorable man with his kid is such a degenerate? He was clearly a crappy father

... not fifteen minutes ago ... just a mile or so from my home ... and for the first time in over forty years of voting ... through ten elections for President of the United States ... I ... voted ... for ... a ... Democrat.

I feel so dirty.
You should. Though I doubt you are telling the truth.

You should. Though I doubt you are telling the truth.
I am here to abase myself. Step one on the road to contrition begins here and now.

Please bless me Father Buckley Jr., for I have sinned. It has been three weeks since my last confession, and during that time I have voted in an impure manner ...

I am here to abase myself. Step one on the road to contrition begins here and now.

Please bless me Father Buckley Jr., for I have sinned. It has been three weeks since my last confession, and during that time I have voted in an impure manner ...
This is clearly satire, bad satire.

I've heard people try to make a case on the "sins of the father," but on the "sins of the son?"
Sins of the father make sins of the son. It’s clear Hunters a screw up because dad was always covering for him.

Sins of the father make sins of the son. It’s clear Hunters a screw up because dad was always covering for him.
No, Hunter's an adult. He's a screw-up because he lacks character and/or self-discipline. I would cut him slack for problems early in adulthood as loosing a parent while young is a tough road, but by now it's all on him. But more to the point, Hunter isn't running for President. His father is, and to what extent he is involved in his son's dealings is worth looking into. I just wish more of the mainstream media had done its job before I had to cast my vote today.

Does his diametrically opposite of Trump plan for addressing the Coronavirus not count as a "policy" you support?
BTW- thanks for making the right decision even if you don't know exactly why :)

I feel so dirty.
Are you afraid that if Trump wins, the democrats will burn down your city? The fact is, they may also burn it down while celebrating Biden's victory. But stores will be looted in both cases. By the people you just voted for.

Does his diametrically opposite of Trump plan for addressing the Coronavirus not count as a "policy" you support?
IMO, take away the sloganeering, and Biden's pandemic plans are not all that different than Trump's.

IMO, take away the sloganeering, and Biden's pandemic plans are not all that different than Trump's.

There is one HUGE difference. The message across the government will be consistent with science. Trump message undercut a lot of reasonable attempts to contain the virus. It does not matter what Governors do when 30% of population thinks there is no problem and ignore the advice. Of course Trump and the newly-glorified QAnon / Fox will continue their disinformation with Biden, so there is that...

I believe there will be other differences. E.g. Fed Govt will step up on coordinated response instead of having Wild West of the States competing against each other in parking lots and calling on to other countries individually (as well as competing AGAINST the Feds).

However, by Jan 21, I believe it might be TOO late to do too much about the virus that will have spread too much.

What has Joe said he would do that is any different than what President Trump has done?

I feel so dirty.

A Republican vote for Biden today means you'll still have a democracy to be in charge of next time Republicans come into power. It's no fun ruling over the charred husk of a once-great nation.

A Republican vote for Biden today means you'll still have a democracy to be in charge of next time Republicans come into power. It's no fun ruling over the charred husk of a once-great nation.
Actually, in all likelihood it means another four years of mismanagement until we can hopefully elect adult-level leadership that doesn't play to the worst impulses of its party's fringe.

I feel so dirty.
bd1.jpg

BTW, if it's any consolation George Will is doing the same. Here he is in July

I feel so dirty.

You want to end America and usher in rule by Communist China, so you voted for your desire.

Back
Top Bottom