• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Christmas! The End is Near for Trump

Checkerboard Strangler

Make Video Horizontal Again
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Robert Reich: The End is Near for Trump

HE: When it looked like he was backing down on the wall, Rush and the crazies on Fox went ballistic. So he has to do the shutdown to keep the base happy. They’re his insurance policy. They stand between him and impeachment.
ME: Impeachment? No chance. Senate Republicans would never go along.
HE (laughing): Don’t be so sure. Corporate and Wall Street are up in arms. Trade war was bad enough. Now, you’ve got Mattis resigning in protest. Trump pulling out of Syria, giving Putin a huge win. This dumbass shutdown. The stock market in free-fall. The economy heading for recession.

ME: But the base loves him.

One hopes, one hopes....

I still believe he will have to lose his base before Republicans will turn on him. I don't ever see him losing his base. They will all drink the poisoned kool-aid first.

Well lookie here. Another Clinton loyalist and frequent Trump basher predicts the downfall of Trump.

It's comical watching this side show repeat itself on almost a daily basis and yet the Left still laps it up no matter how many previous times the premise has been proven to be full of sh*.

Well lookie here. Another Clinton loyalist and frequent Trump basher predicts the downfall of Trump.

It's comical watching this side show repeat itself on almost a daily basis and yet the Left still laps it up no matter how many previous times the premise has been proven to be full of sh*.

How many times can the Trump Administration weather the “worst week ever?” Reminds me of the old rack torture; sure feels good to get stretched, for a while..............all fun and games until the first joint gets dislocated.........

How many times can the Trump Administration weather the “worst week ever?” Reminds me of the old rack torture; sure feels good to get stretched, for a while..............all fun and games until the first joint gets dislocated.........

One of these days, perhaps our nickel head friends will realize all these, "worst weeks ever" are all in their mind.

If they were actually true and not the delusional wet dreams of liberals, Trump's presidency would have been over a long time ago.

Well, that certainly is creepy.

One of these days, perhaps our nickel head friends will realize all these, "worst weeks ever" are all in their mind.

Trump is going to have much worse weeks as the Democrats fill the House, our Syrian Kurd allies get slaughtered by Erdogan, and the Mueller Report comes out.

Oh, and the government is partially shut down with no end in sight. I wonder if Trump included these words in his Christmas cards to government employees....

Donald J. Trump on 11 December 2018 said:
“I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you (Democrats) for it.”

No...our President is just getting started...:mrgreen:

Trump is going to have much worse weeks as the Democrats fill the House, our Syrian Kurd allies get slaughtered by Erdogan, and the Mueller Report comes out.

Oh, and the government is partially shut down with no end in sight. I wonder if Trump included these words in his Christmas cards to government employees....

Perhaps 'this time' you'll be right. Lord knows your side has been wildly off the mark so far.

The base is stupid and everyone, especially the smarter Republicans, knows it. Once the powers that be go after Trump, the base will be too dumb to understand what hit them.

Ahh yes, those mythical, unnamed "powers that be". LOL

You're better off going back to the PUTIN!!! gambit.

Ahh yes, those mythical, unnamed "powers that be". LOL

You're better off going back to the PUTIN!!! gambit.

You have heard of separation of powers. No?

Oh, wait. You're part of the base.

No...our President is just getting started...:mrgreen:

He's been there almost two years, he'd better get a ****in move on

You know, every president we've had always has people wanting to impeach them. How is this any different? Republicans wanted to impeach Obama, People wanted to impeach Bush.

No, I don't know.
Yes, a handful of people always talk about impeachment.
That's not the same as nearly half who would like to see it done today.

Whether HALF, as The Hill says, or forty-two percent, as other polls say, or even if you go to Rasmussen, who claims it's only about 35%, it's still an all time high. Republicans loved "talking about" impeaching Obama, but they knew what happened when they impeached Clinton in the House.

His ratings WENT UP, to HIS all time high of SEVENTY-THREE PERCENT, higher than Ronald Reagan's best rating.
And part of the reason is, after the Republicans impeached him, Americans found out that Henry Hyde, one of the people who SPEARHEADED the impeachment, had been conducting an extramarital affair of his own.

What I am telling you today is not the ravings of some vast left-wing conspiracy, but a reaffirmation of a set of values that are tarnished and dim these days, but it is given to us to restore them so our Founding Fathers would be proud. It's your country—the President is our flag bearer, out in front of our people. The flag is falling, I ask you to catch the falling flag as we keep our appointment with history.

No, I don't know.
Yes, a handful of people always talk about impeachment.
That's not the same as nearly half who would like to see it done today.

Whether HALF, as The Hill says, or forty-two percent, as other polls say, or even if you go to Rasmussen, who claims it's only about 35%, it's still an all time high. Republicans loved "talking about" impeaching Obama, but they knew what happened when they impeached Clinton in the House.

His ratings WENT UP, to HIS all time high of SEVENTY-THREE PERCENT, higher than Ronald Reagan's best rating.
And part of the reason is, after the Republicans impeached him, Americans found out that Henry Hyde, one of the people who SPEARHEADED the impeachment, had been conducting an extramarital affair of his own.

What I am telling you today is not the ravings of some vast left-wing conspiracy, but a reaffirmation of a set of values that are tarnished and dim these days, but it is given to us to restore them so our Founding Fathers would be proud. It's your country—the President is our flag bearer, out in front of our people. The flag is falling, I ask you to catch the falling flag as we keep our appointment with history.

Kind of doubting that dude.

Back
Top Bottom