• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's been seven days, where are the jobs?

:lol: We're not voting for "change" from what just was.

Come on Republicans, the people are suffering, you haven't done **** to get America back to work!

They don't even get seated until January...

Far be it for me to shock the people who seem to think I'm a liberal, but I feel I have to interject here.

It's been seven ****ing days. If you're demanding results from ANYONE for a problem this big, you have extremely unrealistic expectations.

The Republicans will screw it up, just give them time.

Ask your president. Where's the land of milk and honey Obama promised with his hope and change? You whiners have never gotten over George Bush's election in 2000.

Come on Republicans, the people are suffering, you haven't done **** to get America back to work!

Your problem is that you're still living in California.

My sister just left San Fran due to the dwindling job pool and is now employed with Urban Outfitters in Philadelphia - she cited the overall nature of California to be her reason for wanting to leave.

As should happen when any state goes bankrupt - and then eventually discovers that all it's mayors earned 500,000 a year :shrug:

Last edited:

LOL...Oh, I'm waiting also - so much easier to bark when you're behind than it is when you have to actually lead-, but I'm willing to, at least, give them 100 days.

That day is April 12, 2011. My calender and marker are at the ready...LOL...:lol:

Far be it for me to shock the people who seem to think I'm a liberal, but I feel I have to interject here.

It's been seven ****ing days. If you're demanding results from ANYONE for a problem this big, you have extremely unrealistic expectations.

The Republicans will screw it up, just give them time.

I believe this thread is a joke based on those who don't want to give our current administration any credit for what they have done, given the tremendous scope of the problems with our economy and the fact that nobody can fix it quickly.

Its pretty funny.

I take it as a joke. Of course nothing would have bene done yet. Just as a president, who doesn't control the economy to begin with, couldn't fix all problems in less than two years. Republicans will have similar problems. but just like democrats, they will blame others if things don't change, and take credit, even if they haven't done anything yet, if things do change.

I believe this thread is a joke based on those who don't want to give our current administration any credit for what they have done, given the tremendous scope of the problems with our economy and the fact that nobody can fix it quickly.

Its pretty funny.
I'm never sure around here anymore

Have they taken office yet? I should report you for initiate the dumbest thread in DP history. It's not surprising at all that you started it.

1. they aren't in office yet

2. you will be happy to know that after their election the stock market climbed to the highest point it's been at all year ;)

1. they aren't in office yet

2. you will be happy to know that after their election the stock market climbed to the highest point it's been at all year ;)

Wednesday the sock market was kinda dead. On Thursday after the announcement of QE2 it began to take off. And so far this week it has been a bummer. Maybe it is pre G 20 jitters?

from cpwill

you will be happy to know that after their election the stock market climbed to the highest point it's been at all year

Perhaps that was wall streets response to seriously rising oil prices and the news that the Republican Congressman who publicly apologized to BP will be the new chairman of the Energy Committee in January. Heaven help us.

from cpwill

Perhaps that was wall streets response to seriously rising oil prices and the news that the Republican Congressman who publicly apologized to BP will be the new chairman of the Energy Committee in January. Heaven help us.

Actually I think that had more to do with QE2 than what you suggest.

Chappy ask your beloved Pelosi. She still in charge till January,
Or ask the President, he does has the ultimate responsibility.

Better yet, let's ask the next Speaker of the House.

“Mr. Boehner, where are the jobs?” — Keith Olbermann, Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yeah, it's Chappy. No way it was a "joke." He confirms it now. Or she. Or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom