• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's been a week!

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
We wanted to give everyone an update on what has been going on the last week on our forum.
Last week we transitioned to a new forum software and so far we believe it was an overwhelming success!!
We decided to launch with some missing functionality as we knew they would take time to finish testing those features
and we wanted to get DP back up as quickly as possible. The basics of traversing our forum is basically the same with
a few caveats such as how to find last post and threads.

We understand that not everyone likes change but we hope that you will give our new software a chance.
This upgrade was out of necessity and not "change for change sake". It was a long time coming.

Gains:
1. Quicker load times
2. New look that works well with mobile out of the box
3. A site search that absolutely rocks!
4. True Secure https
5. Cleaner Alerts and Notifications
6. Improved media embedding in posts with more options than YouTube
7. New features - a true "ignore" function for example

We still have a lot of work to do as we have features that haven't been tested completely before we turn them on.

Our "to do" list includes the following:
1. Bug fixes (list is getting smaller)
2. Awards system (military service awards, yearly awards, post awards, etc...)
3. Donation system fixes
4. Additional styles
5. Posts per page (ability to change)
6. Advanced Forum Rules
7. Minor cleanup on back-end utilities

A very special shout out goes to our anonymous donators that paid for the software and the needed add-ons.

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to get everything in the right place.

-DebatePolitics Admins

I personally wanted to give a very big and extraordinary thanks to @RedAkston as he did and continues to do the vast majority of the work and is truely amazing.

On behalf of everyone here - thank you RedAkston!

We wanted to give everyone an update on what has been going on the last week on our forum.
Last week we transitioned to a new forum software and so far we believe it was an overwhelming success!!
We decided to launch with some missing functionality as we knew they would take time to finish testing those features
and we wanted to get DP back up as quickly as possible. The basics of traversing our forum is basically the same with

We understand that not everyone likes change but we hope that you will give our new software a chance.
This upgrade was out of necessity and not "change for change sake". It was a long time coming.

Gains:
1. Quicker load times
4. True Secure https

We still have a lot of work to do as we have features that haven't been tested completely before we turn them on.

3. Donation system fixes
4. Additional styles
6. Advanced Forum Rules

A very special shout out goes to our anonymous donators that paid for the software and the needed add-ons.

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to get everything in the right place.

-DebatePolitics Admins

Thanks for you and Red's work! It's good to see you around the forums again!

Adding my personal thanks for all the extraordinary hard work Schweddy and RedAkston have done to improve our DP experience. I can't imagine how many hours they've put into this enormous task over the past weeks.

Pretend that we still have the :kissy: emoji, and I just used it!

:giggle:

Adding my personal thanks for all the extraordinary hard work Schweddy and RedAkston have done to improve our DP experience. I can't imagine how many hours they've put into this enormous task over the past weeks.

Pretend that we still have the :kissy: emoji, and I just used it!

:giggle:
I agree and also want to thank Schweddy, Red and all those who are working hard to improve this forum for all of our members. Your efforts are appreciated and I love the blue skin option....thanks!

Thanks, DP I/T Team.

Not only was the change seamless on our side, you did it in less time than projected. Providing us with updates on Twitter was a nice bonus, as well.

Thanks for the outstanding job to those involved, Red and Schweddy and others, including the donators! I love the new and improved DP and as I mentioned previously, I love the Shades of Grey and was excited to see that it is one of the new skins.

Cheers! 🦇🤜🥃🍾🥂

A big thanks to Schweddy and especially to RedAkston for all the beta testing, the skins creation, the changeover planning, and the changeover implementation itself.

It's a tricky and challenging job changing the underlying architecture of a forum of this size and complexity.

From our perspective, it all happened quickly and seamlessly. Also appreciated were the progress updates on Twitter.

You guys rock (y)

One of the new features of the board,, being able to @username_01 (replacing the username_01 with the actual username of a poster) to get them a notification is pretty handy. I kinda resisted at first since it seemed too twitter, but it has proven to be pretty handy!

Great job @Schweddy and @RedAkston

I'm enjoying it! What's this new LV 0 thing under our names now?

Gains:
1. Quicker load times
4. True Secure https

3. Donation system fixes
4. Additional styles
6. Advanced Forum Rules

-DebatePolitics Admins
Ok, when you guys first presented this new Format, I was Not impressed, seen similar elsewhere. But I will admit it does have some features I like and if you get a few bugs worked out I will say you have done a Damn Good Job, So, from a sceptic, Job Well Done to your Entire Team, we should all applaud the hard work, been there on software platform changes, and the Results. Call me Sold.

Ok, when you guys first presented this new Format, I was Not impressed, seen similar elsewhere. But I will admit it does have some features I like and if you get a few bugs worked out I will say you have done a Damn Good Job, So, from a sceptic, Job Well Done to your Entire Team, we should all applaud the hard work, been there on software platform changes, and the Results. Call me Sold.

Same here. I did not know what to think for a little while, but the more I used the new software, the more I liked it. I can confidently say now it's definitely better than the prior one and I would not want to go back!

Thank you, @RedAkston and @Schweddy!

P.S. One of my favorite improvements is that Ctrl-Z on old software would not just undo the last change but sometimes a bunch of them and it was really annoying. That's now gone. The true ignore feature is very nice too! I had also complained about hard-to-read quotes on the old software and it's no longer an issue and even has the bonus of hiding too-long-of-quotes.

One of the new features of the board,, being able to @username_01 (replacing the username_01 with the actual username of a poster) to get them a notification is pretty handy. I kinda resisted at first since it seemed too twitter, but it has proven to be pretty handy!

Great job @Schweddy and @RedAkston

I already knew it would work that way because I guess I've been on a bunch of xF boards and didn't even know it.
And yeah, it's very handy!

@RedAkston @Schweddy, you guys did a great job, and whoever else was involved BTS, too.

Gains:
1. Quicker load times
4. True Secure https

3. Donation system fixes
4. Additional styles
6. Advanced Forum Rules

-DebatePolitics Admins
The quicker load times and media embedded times are very noticeable on my connection.

Back
Top Bottom