• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's All Starting to Unravel

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Postal worker admits fabricating allegations of ballot tampering, officials say

A Pennsylvania postal worker whose claims have been cited by top Republicans as potential evidence of widespread voting irregularities admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations, according to three officials briefed on the investigation and a statement from a House congressional committee.

Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee tweeted late Tuesday that the “whistleblower completely RECANTED.”​

So now I'm sure everyone who used this worker's initial story as basis for their wild conspiracy claims will recant and reconsider.

Yeah! I'm joking! :LOL:

Meanwhile, in related news:

Top Wisconsin election official says ‘no evidence’ so far of problems with state’s vote

Wisconsin’s top election official said in a statement Tuesday evening that “no evidence” has been provided to the state that “supports allegations of systematic or widespread election issues” in the state, where Biden holds a slim 20,500-vote lead over Trump.

Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator Meagan Wolfe said that while the state’s results are still unofficial — counties are currently triple-checking results before submitting them to the state — she had “not seen any credible information to cast any doubt on those unofficial results.”

Wolfe’s statement comes as the Trump campaign continues to maintain there were “irregularities” in the Wisconsin vote — but has provided no evidence nor cited any specific examples of potential problems. The campaign says it plans to request a recount in the state, which is allowed given that Biden’s margin of victory is under 1 percent. The campaign cannot file a petition for the recount until after a county completes its canvass, which must occur by Nov. 17.

A Pennsylvania postal worker whose claims have been cited by top Republicans as potential evidence of widespread voting irregularities admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations, according to three officials briefed on the investigation and a statement from a House congressional committee.​
Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.​
But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee tweeted late Tuesday that the “whistleblower completely RECANTED.”​

So now I'm sure everyone who used this worker's initial story as basis for their wild conspiracy claims will recant and reconsider.

Apparently what we have here is a Jussie Smolett type. Glad he dropped his phony claim. But that is hardly evidence that recounts and investigations into how ballots were handled in certain areas shouldnt continue..

Here's how it's done:

GOP Sen. Thom Tillis projected to win Senate race in North Carolina

Republican Sen. Thom Tillis is the projected winner in the North Carolina Senate race, according to Edison Research, which made the call a few hours after Democrat Cal Cunningham conceded the race.

“The voters have spoken and I respect their decision,” Cunningham said in a statement in which he shared that he’d just called Tillis to congratulate him.

Here's how it's done:

Republican Sen. Thom Tillis is the projected winner in the North Carolina Senate race, according to Edison Research, which made the call a few hours after Democrat Cal Cunningham conceded the race.

“The voters have spoken and I respect their decision,” Cunningham said in a statement in which he shared that he’d just called Tillis to congratulate him.
When the recounts are done and Trump wont concede, come back and talk to me.

Here's how it's done:

It has been unraveling for a week now, I am thinking about starting a pool to see who has the best guess when trumps "legal" team runs out of made up crap to send to a court for attention. I think by the end of the week.

It has been unraveling for a week now, I am thinking about starting a pool to see who has the best guess when trumps "legal" team runs out of made up crap to send to a court for attention. I think by the end of the week.
I'm guessing never. The GOP will use the idea of a "stolen" election to galvanize support for the GA senate election in January, and as an excuse to not cooperatively govern with President Biden.

Meanwhile, they are actively sabotaging the nation's future:
White House, escalating tensions, orders agencies to rebuff Biden transition team

Recounts won't change the outcome any more than they would have changed the 2016 outcome, which was way closer than this presidential election.

Why isn't Cunningham demanding a recount? Because he doesn't want to waste his time, that's why.

Demanding recounts is just one way the GOP is sucking up to Trump's childish unwillingness to accept defeat.

A Pennsylvania postal worker whose claims have been cited by top Republicans as potential evidence of widespread voting irregularities admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations, according to three officials briefed on the investigation and a statement from a House congressional committee.​
Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.​

It's all a charade to keep keep unknowledgeable Trump supporters at Trump beck & call.

I'm guessing never. The GOP will use the idea of a "stolen" election to galvanize support for the GA senate election in January, and as an excuse to not cooperatively govern with President Biden.

Meanwhile, they are actively sabotaging the nation's future:
White House, escalating tensions, orders agencies to rebuff Biden transition team

Well, it looks like the GOP are cannibalizing their own in GA, with Perdue and Loeffler asking Raffensperger to resign.

Recounts won't change the outcome any more than they would have changed the 2016 outcome, which was way closer than this presidential election.

Why isn't Cunningham demanding a recount? Because he doesn't want to waste his time, that's why.

Demanding recounts is just one way the GOP is sucking up to Trump's childish unwillingness to accept defeat.
Thats false and rather stupid. Key states are remarkably close and some within the range where a recount is automatic. Trump is trailing by less than 1% in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Wisconsin. Recounts are going to happen there whether you like it or not. And if you are so certain that it wont change the outcome, why are you melting down over it?

Apparently what we have here is a Jussie Smolett type. Glad he dropped his phony claim. But that is hardly evidence that recounts and investigations into how ballots were handled in certain areas shouldnt continue..
What makes you think that anything occurred that should cause recounts and investigations

It's all a charade to keep keep unknowledgeable Trump supporters at Trump beck & call.
Right, because democrats would never cheat to remove a racist, fascist Putin loyalist from office

What makes you think that anything occurred that should cause recounts and investigations
Democrats have done everything imaginable to get Trump out of office, but they would never cheat during the election to get rid of him. Is that what you expect me to believe?

There will never be a scenario where you cult members actually admit he legitimately lost. You do not care if there was fraud or not and you were always going to do this if he lost.

Right, because democrats would never cheat to remove a racist, fascist Putin loyalist from office

Wow, at least you're admitting Trump is a racist and Putin loyalist. That's real progress.

Trump won't concede. He is playing his base to keep his power. It's that simple.

His power is already ebbing. Trump has been in hiding, either in the WH or on the golf course. Since the election he has been silent on affairs of State, while corono cases increase daily. This has left a void in leadership now being filled by Biden's statements and actions on the coronovirus task force.

Internationally Trump is a lame duck, with little influence. The world's press is now focused on Biden, as it always is when we have a President Elect.

Thats false and rather stupid. Key states are remarkably close and some within the range where a recount is automatic. Trump is trailing by less than 1% in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Wisconsin. Recounts are going to happen there whether you like it or not. And if you are so certain that it wont change the outcome, why are you melting down over it?

Trump should have his recounts. I don't mind watching him loose twice.

What's false and rather stupid is to call other people false and rather stupid when you don't have the facts.

The two closest races as of this morning are GA (0.29%) and AZ (0.39%). GA doesn't have an automatic recount, and AZ's kicks in at less than or equal to one-tenth of one percent. PA has an automatic recount at 0.5%. Right now it looks like Biden will win by more than that. WI doesn't have automatic recounts.

I think the aggravation stems from the fact Trump is still gaslighting everyone.

13 of the lawsuits Trump's campaign filed have been thrown out.

The alleged instances of voter fraud keep being debunked.

Biden’s current lead over Trump:

Arizona: 12,813

Georgia: 14,149

Wisconsin: 20,539

Nevada: 36,726

Pennsylvania: 45,616

Michigan: 148,645

Let's put that in perspective: Trump won MI/PA/WI by 77K votes, got 306 EVs

--

It's time for Trump supporters to put on their big boy pants and admit defeat. Trump is a loser. Trump lost. Biden won. Get over it.

Trump's phony lawsuit in AZ focuses on only 180 ballots. That isn't gonna change anything.

Give it up, Biden won.

Just watch, Trump TV launches next Spring and all these Fox viewers run over there to get their daily dose of nonsense. Trump makes millions, his kids get prime spots, his loyal staff get lucrative contracts and the rest of us have to live with this crap forever.

From the article:

Hopkins did not respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment through his social media accounts, family members and phone messages earlier this week. But in a YouTube video he posted Tuesday night, he denied recanting. “I’m here to say I did not recant my statements. That did not happen,” he said.

Back
Top Bottom