• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Its all but a done deal.........

oldreliable67 said:
NP is right in one fairly large sense. If you have been keeping up with the various nominations since the inception of the Bush presidency, you'll know that the Dems have blocked almost every court nomination possible, not just the SC nominations.
Totally and complete BULLSHIT! Not only have a higher perecentage of judges been appointed BUT the vacancy rate is the lowest since 1990 so please get real!

I swear I've never seen more whiney radical right wingers than in in this community. What a bunch of sore winners! You all act like it's some surprise that Alito was confirmed? The only surprise would be if he were NOT confirmed, that would be news.

Grow up!

26 X World Champs said:
Totally and complete BULLSHIT! Not only have a higher perecentage of judges been appointed BUT the vacancy rate is the lowest since 1990 so please get real!

I swear I've never seen more whiney radical right wingers than in in this community. What a bunch of sore winners! You all act like it's some surprise that Alito was confirmed? The only surprise would be if he were NOT confirmed, that would be news.

Grow up!

Dude: The liberals bash Bush on practically everything he does. If he decided to bush his teeth with a new toothbrush, he would get bashed. Remember how they bashed John Ashcroft? What about Rice or Rumsfield? It just never stops.

scottyz said:
So Dems just voted the way you wanted them to and you're still crying foul about them? :2wave: :rofl
You're dealing with single minded tunnel vision to the nth degree. Consider the source and remember that the only reply to any post you'll ever get is the same three talking points that are always posted and you can count on the reply being 10 words or less, almost every time.

This does not make for a debate, just a ******* contest from narrow minded posters.

George_Washington said:
Dude: The liberals bash Bush on practically everything he does. If he decided to bush his teeth with a new toothbrush, he would get bashed. Remember how they bashed John Ashcroft? What about Rice or Rumsfield? It just never stops.
What does that have to do with someone posting inaccurate untruths? That poster claimed that Bush's nominees were being blocked at higher rate than his predecessors when in fact the opposite is true.

If we bash the Bush Crime Family at least we're doing it with truths and facts not made up statements that are just not true. Let's deal in facts, shall we?

George_Washington said:

Why try to reason with him? Its useless...........He is the biggest Bush hater in theis forum.......

Its going to be wonderful to see the brand new Justice sitting in the gallery with the rest of the justice tomorrow night....

I can't wait...........

Navy Pride said:
Why try to reason with him? Its useless...........He is the biggest Bush hater in theis forum.......
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

23item2.jpg

boxing.gif

How about you're ALL acting immature, so how about you grow up and act your age? NP and Champs, both of y'all are twice my age....can't speak for the rest of these guys since they don't want to let us all know how old they really are, but come on now......My six year old sister is more mature than this. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Navy Pride said:
1. Them dems don't have any say about it any more......There will be no filibuster and it will take 51 votes to confirm him and that will be done tomorrow..........If you knew anything about politics you would know that......

What? When did I say he wasn't going to get confirmed? Filibustering this is just a waste of time because Alito will be confirmed either way. The only reason for a filibuster is pourly ego, some of the more dramatic dems just want to stomp their feet and pout because they lack attention.

2. That is really to bad because one of the main reason the people I know voted for him becasue he would do exactly that........Oh and I call the dumping of Roe V Wade the greatest thing that could happen and I expect the majority of those 61,000,000 people that voted for GWB feel the same way.......

Roe v Wade will never be overturned federally. It will be a state by state issue, the same as gay marriage.

The 61,000,00 people that voted for Bush will be disappointed but the 59,000,000 that voted for Kerry are just fine with that.

Gibberish said:
What? When did I say he wasn't going to get confirmed? Filibustering this is just a waste of time because Alito will be confirmed either way. The only reason for a filibuster is pourly ego, some of the more dramatic dems just want to stomp their feet and pout because they lack attention.

Roe v Wade will never be overturned federally. It will be a state by state issue, the same as gay marriage.

The 61,000,00 people that voted for Bush will be disappointed but the 59,000,000 that voted for Kerry are just fine with that.

When it comes to Roe V Wade never say never.........We might only need one more vote then the butchering of babies in the womb might be stopped or at least go back to the states where it belongs........

You say it won't be overturned but you say it will be a states issue.can you explain that?:confused:

Navy Pride said:
When it comes to Roe V Wade never say never.........We might only need one more vote then the butchering of babies in the womb might be stopped or at least go back to the states where it belongs........

You say it won't be overturned but you say it will be a states issue.can you explain that?:confused:

Technically speaking, it already IS a state by state issue. There are some states that make abortion damn near impossible, but they can't completely ban it because of Roe v. Wade. I really don't see that changing any time soon.

Stace said:
Technically speaking, it already IS a state by state issue. There are some states that make abortion damn near impossible, but they can't completely ban it because of Roe v. Wade. I really don't see that changing any time soon.

We shall see................I will never give up hope though........

Navy Pride said:

Then as the Abortion threads state woman who commit abortion will be put on trial for first-degree murder and any women who has a miscarriage would need to be put on trial for third-degree murder.

Conservatives better figure out a budget for the hundreds of new prisons and the hundreds of thousands of new orphanages to house all these saved "babies".

Each case will be decided in the state courts and be tried in accordance to state laws on the subject. If there are no laws restricting abortion by the specific state then obviously no trial will take place.

It will not be federally banned though so trials rely on state restriction laws.

Gibberish said:
Then as the Abortion threads state woman who commit abortion will be put on trial for first-degree murder and any women who has a miscarriage would need to be put on trial for third-degree murder.

Conservatives better figure out a budget for the hundreds of new prisons and the hundreds of thousands of new orphanages to house all these saved "babies".

Each case will be decided in the state courts and be tried in accordance to state laws on the subject. If there are no laws restricting abortion by the specific state then obviously no trial will take place.

It will not be federally banned though so trials rely on state restriction laws.

Nope, just the butcher abortion doctors would be prosecuted.........

What you say violates Roe V Wade......

Navy Pride said:
Nope, just the butcher abortion doctors would be prosecuted.........

According to you. If you truly believe abortion is murder, why wouldn't you want to prosecute the person who hired the hitman (ie the mother)?

Could it be because you don't really believe it's murder, and you just want to tow the party line, like a good partisan hack?

Kandahar said:
According to you. If you truly believe abortion is murder, why wouldn't you want to prosecute the person who hired the hitman (ie the mother)?

Could it be because you don't really believe it's murder, and you just want to tow the party line, like a good partisan hack?

You ask the question then you answer it........

Well let me make it perfectly clear I think the woman is a victum..........I also think that abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another...........

Gibberish said:
Alito's confirmation isn't exactly a suprise to anyone.

I fail to see the huge victory. The president has the power to nominate a judge and he nominated an intelligent right-wing judge. The democrats can't stop Alito’s confirmation just because he doesn't see the same political opinion as them, a judge isn't supposed to have political opinions.

It may not be a huge victory but it is definitely a huge defeat for civil rights and liberties.

Navy Pride said:
It might surprise you but Feingold jumped the Kennedy ship today and voted for cloiture.......:confused:

This is my source. Do you have another that contradicts?

Roll Call of the Cloture Vote

The Associated Press tallied the 72-25 vote:

On this vote, a "yes" vote was a vote to end the debate and a "no" vote was a vote to filibuster the nomination.

Voting "yes" were 19 Democrats and 53 Republicans.

Voting "no" were 24 Democrats and one independent.!

Democrats Yes

Akaka, Hawaii; Baucus, Mont.; Bingaman, N.M.; Byrd, W.Va.; Cantwell, Wash.; Carper, Del.; Conrad, N.D.; Dorgan, N.D.; Inouye, Hawaii; Johnson, S.D.; Kohl, Wis.; Landrieu, La.; Lieberman, Conn.; Lincoln, Ark.; Nelson, Fla.; Nelson, Neb.; Pryor, Ark.; Rockefeller, W.Va.; Salazar, Colo.

Democrats No

Bayh, Ind.; Biden, Del.; Boxer, Calif.; Clinton, N.Y.; Dayton, Minn.; Dodd, Conn.; Durbin, Ill.; Feingold, Wis.; Feinstein, Calif.; Kennedy, Mass.; Kerry, Mass.; Lautenberg, N.J.; Leahy, Vt.; Levin, Mich.; Menendez, N.J.; Mikulski, Md.; Murray, Wash.; Obama, Ill.; Reed, R.I.; Reid, Nev.; Sarbanes, Md.; Schumer, N.Y.; Stabenow, Mich.; Wyden, Ore.

Democrats Not Voting

Harkin, Iowa.

http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/campaignforthecourt/2006/01/roll_call_of_th.html

KCConservative said:
I would agree with that, but I don't think it's what hipster meant. I'm sure this smarts for liberals and it still stings, no doubt. And don't forget, Bush may get a chance to send up one more to the Supreme Court.

The good news is that Kennedy is the new swing vote. Kennedy has sided with the more liberal justices in cases involving abortion and gay rights. He has also sided with them regarding the death penalty, but that's not something I feel strongly about. Therefore, two issues that I do care about, still have 5 votes. Whew!

vandree said:
It may not be a huge victory but it is definitely a huge defeat for civil rights and liberties.
Hey, where can I get a crystal ball like yours?

Back
Top Bottom