• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's All Bush's Fault

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Vail Spot: It's All Bush's Fault, From the Denver Post

Congress.org - : Letter to Rep. Todd Akin (R-Missouri): From Chuck Green for the Denver Post Aurora Sentinel

Greener Pastures Column -- Posted 04/26/10

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first year in office.
Largest budget ever.
Largest deficit ever.
Largest number of broken promises ever.
Most self-serving speeches ever.
Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever.
Fastest dive in popularity ever.

Wow! Talk about change.

...it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.

Of course, they don't see it as self-imposed. It's all George Bush's fault.

He broke Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

He broke Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

He broke Obama's promise to end earmarks.

He broke Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

He broke Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

He broke Obama's promise to make peace with direct, no precondition talks with America's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

He broke Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

He broke Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

He broke Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

He broke Obama's promise to have chosen a home church to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.

All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama's fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It's all George Bush's fault.

Take for example the decision of Eric Holder, the president's attorney general, to hold terrorists' trials in New York City . Or his decision to try the Christmas Day underpants bomber as a civilian.

Two disastrous decisions.

Need more proof?

You might recall that when Scott Brown won last month's election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts , capturing "the Ted Kennedy seat," President Obama said that Brown's victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years. and they wanted change.

Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts last month was George Bush's fault.

Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something... anything?

(Chuck Green is a veteran Colorado journalist and former editor=in-chief of The Denver Post.)
I understand this is a pretty far left rag... and the Denver Post as well.
Of course... Chuck, is a rabid hack for pointing out Obi couldn't find his ass with both hands if his life depended on it... because... It's Bush's fault.

The oil spill is also Bush's fault.

ROTFLOL

It is never all any individuals fault, but at the same time, Bush does have a lot to answer for.

It is never all any individuals fault, but at the same time, Bush does have a lot to answer for.

All promises listed and broken except one were within his absolute control.

The one that could be questioned, he took the country in the direction opposite of what has proven successful in the past.

Holder's tragic unforced errors reflect Obi's mentality.

Obama has a lot to answer for.

All promises listed and broken except one were within his absolute control.

The one that could be questioned, he took the country in the direction opposite of what has proven successful in the past.

Holder's tragic unforced errors reflect Obi's mentality.

Obama has a lot to answer for.

Whether he will answer to all these broken promises before 2012 and the end of his First term or whether he will be booted for some reason is a moot point.
EVERY Politician once elected ALWAYS goes back on the promises they made to the electorate in order to be elected.
The obnoxious fact that the majority of them are or once were Lawyers is beside the point but is excellent training for usage of language that enables them to lie.

The Vail Spot: It's All Bush's Fault, From the Denver Post

Congress.org - : Letter to Rep. Todd Akin (R-Missouri): From Chuck Green for the Denver Post Aurora Sentinel

I understand this is a pretty far left rag... and the Denver Post as well.
Of course... Chuck, is a rabid hack for pointing out Obi couldn't find his ass with both hands if his life depended on it... because... It's Bush's fault.

The oil spill is also Bush's fault.

ROTFLOL

Actually, it IS Bush's fault. It is also Obama's fault. It is also Clinton's fault. What hyperpartisans fail to recognize is that, in Washington, it takes two to tango - Two political parties, that is. And, since 1992, BOTH political parties have danced our economy off a cliff. And, because of hyperpartisan BS, from both the far right and far left, they may get an opportunity to do it yet again. But the hyperpartisans don't give a damn, and they never will. They will all be blaming the other guy, instead of accepting responsibility. If America somehow does end up going down the tubes, you can blame the last 3 presidents, who let it happen. You can also blame the hyperpartisans who didn't give a damn, as long as they had the chance to treat the other side as tyrants, while treating their own tyrants as heroes.

Last edited:
The funniest one i heard was on Joy Behar. It's Bush's fault that Tipper and Al Gore split up. You see, 10 yrs ago Al lost to George and that had to be stressful on their relationship. I'm serious, and they didn't seem to be joking.

Actually, it IS Bush's fault. It is also Obama's fault. It is also Clinton's fault. What hyperpartisans fail to recognize is that, in Washington, it takes two to tango - Two political parties, that is. And, since 1992, BOTH political parties have danced our economy off a cliff. And, because of hyperpartisan BS, from both the far right and far left, they may get an opportunity to do it yet again. But the hyperpartisans don't give a damn, and they never will. They will all be blaming the other guy, instead of accepting responsibility. If America somehow does end up going down the tubes, you can blame the last 3 presidents, who let it happen. You can also blame the hyperpartisans who didn't give a damn, as long as they had the chance to treat the other side as tyrants, while treating their own tyrants as heroes.
I have been on record saying Bush spent too much. I didn't like his prescription drug deal for seniors.
He didn't haul out his veto pen once during his first term.
I didn't like him giving up on Social Security Reform.

I think you have to go back to the programs Ponzi (Madoff) Schemes that caused this problem and the lies sold to the public.
Bean counters and theoreticians that forecast utopia, but were blind to variables that blew up the schemes. Human nature, declining populations, abuse and corruption.
These lies have become embedded in our education system. Perhaps catastrophe is the only answer that will bring sobriety. I hate to say it, but it seems so.

I also think you have to go back to the departments that have been created that create red tape, are unaccountable to the electorate, suck cash and should be closed.
The programs are largely Democrat created entities, but some of these Departments have been under R presidents... including the EPA & OSHA.

I don't see Democrats wanting to cut anything, do you? Obama was asked what he would cut, but couldn't name one thing.
Bush at least attempted some reform, but failed.

In 2012, it just might be the start, but it won't happen with Dems & RINO's at the helm.

As for the failures listed... all but one Obama has absolute control over.

Last edited:
He broke Obama's promise to end earmarks.

Actually he never said he would end earmarks, but that he thought the process was abused. He always voiced support for some earmarks, just not all. The rest . . . . well . . . I got nothing. :mrgreen: Honestly, his failure to implement transparency is one of the biggest issues for me since that was one of the few things that set him apart.

He didn't haul out his veto pen once during his first term.

Actually during the first half of Bush's first term the Congress was pretty divided and Dems had a majority in the Senate most of that time.

Actually during the first half of Bush's first term the Congress was pretty divided and Dems had a majority in the Senate most of that time.

T'is true.

My point being Bush was not a fiscal conservative by any measure, and caved to the leftists in the Republican party on Social Security Reform. They got toasted in the following midterms with the Foley BS (another of those moments the public drank Kool Aid), so what was lost? The opportunity to put Libs on the record and frame the debate.

Now back to Obi.

He's failed on all those promises, and all but one were in his absolute control.

I will disagree with my buddy jujuman13:

Not all politicians make promises and then go back on them:

Reagan saw through 3 of his 4 major promises. The 4th was for Congress to accomplish; they didn't.

Bush 43's presidency was largely about the Post 911 world: Iraq and Afghanistan. He kept his promises about staying the course. Iraq is no longer a problem.

He did say he wasn't into nation building during the 1st campaign, but 911 changed that. To parallel this you only have to look to Einstein. He was an avowed pacifist up to the rise of Hitler. He then stated if he were a young man, he would join the military.

Dennis Kucinich, though a loon, speaks clearly and even eloquently about his desire for America. You don't have to get feeds from obscure speeches (spread the wealth around.... bitter clingers... Founders were wrong), or events to find out what he's really about. Kucinich is the rare Democrat, and too bad more aren't like him... they'd be like the Conservative Party post Brian Mulroney if they were... and they know it; the joke being... what does a Corvette and the Conservative Party have in common? Both have only two seats.

Last edited:
We need to shrink the state and federal government, then we can start saying: It's my fault...

So does President Clinton, and President Obama for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom