• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's about time!

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just got an email. It's a good thing.

Watch the right wingnuts go crazy next week. Should be entertaining.

/////////////////:/://///////////////

Threegoofs, this is huge news:

President Obama is set to announce his plan this week to address the growing threat of climate change.

We'll know more specifics on Tuesday, but it's expected he'll offer a bold, national approach to reducing carbon pollution -- and lay out a vision to lead global efforts to fight climate change.

The powerful, well-financed forces who still deny the science behind climate change aren't going to like this -- and they'll be fighting this progress every step of the way. In fact, before he's even seen the plan, House Speaker John Boehner is calling it "absolutely crazy."

That's why President Obama is calling on all of us -- anyone who believes that climate change is a threat -- to join him in taking action right now.

Thanks for helping hold climate deniers accountable -- join the President's call and add your name today:

http://my.barackobama.com/Stand-Up-Against-Climate-Change

Thanks -- more on this soon.

Jon

Jon Carson
Executive Director
Organizing for Action

----------------

Over a decade passes...

People are still scared of global warming.

Over a decade passes...

People are still scared of global warming.

Some people just like being scared about something or other . I just dont like paying through the nose for thier fears :(

Some people just like being scared about something or other . I just dont like paying through the nose for thier fears :(

Yeah, its either our property on the line or our liberty. They need to learn to start paying for their own crap with their own money and their own liberty. I have no reason to give up anything for something that there is no reason to even fear.

That's because the science is even stronger after the last decade outside the Fox News bubble.

You mean besides what has happened over the last ten years that basically makes you all look like a bunch of idiots. :lamo

You mean besides what has happened over the last ten years that basically makes you all look like a bunch of idiots. :lamo

What's happened in conservative media, you mean.

In the world of peer reviewed research, its pretty much settled.

What's happened in conservative media, you mean.

In the world of peer reviewed research, its pretty much settled.

:lamo I love that one. Get back to me when you can actually explain the last decade without excuses. I'll wait.

Biased crap is always crap.

Ah, yes. When data shows the opposite of what you want to believe, you dismiss it as 'crap'.

Must be easy to live in your world, where you just ignore anything that doesn't for your beliefs.

Given the minute that elapsed between my post and your response, I can see that prejudging things without looking at them also must make life easier.

Ah, yes. When data shows the opposite of what you want to believe, you dismiss it as 'crap'.

Must be easy to live in your world, where you just ignore anything that doesn't for your beliefs.

Given the minute that elapsed between my post and your response, I can see that prejudging things without looking at them also must make life easier.

Source..Links in source...Decision made.

When people are running around trying to get the government to restrict the rights of people over a certain issue I'm not that inclined to care what they have to say about it.

Source..Links in source...Decision made.

When people are running around trying to get the government to restrict the rights of people over a certain issue I'm not that inclined to care what they have to say about it.

Ah. So easy.

Don't like the idea. It might cause inconvenience. Dismiss it out of hand!

We often call that lazy where I come from. But we are an independent, self-reliant folks.

Ah. So easy.

Don't like the idea. It might cause inconvenience. Dismiss it out of hand!

We often call that lazy where I come from. But we are an independent, self-reliant folks.

So you support using government to resolve a problem that has nothing at all to do with your rights and you claim to be self-reliant? Exactly how does that work?

So you support using government to resolve a problem that has nothing at all to do with your rights and you claim to be self-reliant? Exactly how does that work?

More importantly, how can you deny a problem exists because you can't accept the only logical solution?

More importantly, how can you deny a problem exists because you can't accept the only logical solution?

Because it doesn't exist. :2razz:

Btw, people are the logical solution as it maintains the right of liberty of the people.

We are perfectly able to do whatever you think needs to be done without a mommy.

You have no clue what the data shows. You've picked a side (the cult in this case) and you're sticking to it. Everything else doesn't fit your predjudice and thus you ignore. Educate yourself. Examine the stuff you've chosen to agree with with the same fervor you reflexively reject contrarian views.

And for goodness sake, at least consider studying plate tectonics.

You have no clue what the data shows. You've picked a side (the cult in this case) and you're sticking to it. Everything else doesn't fit your predjudice and thus you ignore. Educate yourself. Examine the stuff you've chosen to agree with with the same fervor you reflexively reject contrarian views.

And for goodness sake, at least consider studying plate tectonics.

How do you explain the fact that my 'cult' includes virtually every important scientific organization on the planet and the vast majority of the scientists who study the issue?

Just got an email. It's a good thing.

Watch the right wingnuts go crazy next week. Should be entertaining.

/////////////////:/://///////////////

Threegoofs, this is huge news:

President Obama is set to announce his plan this week to address the growing threat of climate change.

We'll know more specifics on Tuesday, but it's expected he'll offer a bold, national approach to reducing carbon pollution -- and lay out a vision to lead global efforts to fight climate change.

The powerful, well-financed forces who still deny the science behind climate change aren't going to like this -- and they'll be fighting this progress every step of the way. In fact, before he's even seen the plan, House Speaker John Boehner is calling it "absolutely crazy."

That's why President Obama is calling on all of us -- anyone who believes that climate change is a threat -- to join him in taking action right now.

Thanks for helping hold climate deniers accountable -- join the President's call and add your name today:

http://my.barackobama.com/Stand-Up-Against-Climate-Change

Thanks -- more on this soon.

Jon

Jon Carson
Executive Director
Organizing for Action

----------------

So taxing people is going to stop a natural cycle how?

So taxing people is going to stop a natural cycle how?

It will make people do what the government wants by making market activity they desire to take part in out of their grasp.

Oh wait, that doesn't stop a natural cycle, but just make the people act in the way the government desires. Hmmm...well I guess I don't know either.

How do you explain the fact that my 'cult' includes virtually every important scientific organization on the planet and the vast majority of the scientists who study the issue?

Easy and you would see it if you hadn't just chosen a position from the marketing and rode with the crowd thereafter. First, those orgs decide their position statements at the board level. A handful of people (some not even scientists, and especially not climate scientists) decide endorsements. They do so for a variety of reasons, all non-scientific.

Second, of course the folks who are climate scientists are going to agree the condition exists - their field of study exists BECAUSE some are convinced the problem exists. Climatology is a modern field of study created specifically to study climate change, and specifically AGW.

Third is the eternal truism - follow the money.

Easy and you would see it if you hadn't just chosen a position from the marketing and rode with the crowd thereafter. First, those orgs decide their position statements at the board level. A handful of people (some not even scientists, and especially not climate scientists) decide endorsements. They do so for a variety of reasons, all non-scientific.

Second, of course the folks who are climate scientists are going to agree the condition exists - their field of study exists BECAUSE some are convinced the problem exists. Climatology is a modern field of study created specifically to study climate change, and specifically AGW.

I think this sums it up better

Attachments

• jo-nova-cartoon.jpg
    jo-nova-cartoon.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 72

You just made that up.
Scientific organizations (AAAS, etc) are made up of only scientists, and position statements are issued by scientists.

And I agree, follow the money. Because the amount that has been poured into combating the science is huge. The fossil fuel industries have a lot of profit to protect.

You just made that up.
Scientific organizations (AAAS, etc) are made up of only scientists, and position statements are issued by scientists.

Once again, it's the board of each of those orgs that does the signing on, NOT the membership. And you'll note I said SOME aren't scientists. I'll go further to say MOST of the board members who sign on in any particular association are associated with scientific areas that have zero to do with climatology.

And I agree, follow the money. Because the amount that has been poured into combating the science is huge. The fossil fuel industries have a lot of profit to protect.

Heh, you do understand the oil companies have all invested big money in the pro-AGM side as well, right? There's a reason for that, they follow the potential profit. They know, no matter what their oil is going to sell, and for a huge profit. In fact they know the the more it's use is restricted - the more profit they make. Catch a clue.

Heh, you do understand the oil companies have all invested big money in the pro-AGM side as well, right? There's a reason for that, they follow the potential profit. They know, no matter what their oil is going to sell, and for a huge profit. In fact they know the the more it's use is restricted - the more profit they make. Catch a clue.

I often wonder if its been the oil companies themselves that started the panic about oil running out 40 years ago after the 1973 Middle East Oil crisis. It must have bolstered thier profits massively to have to public believe that falsehood all that time ,allowing them to set artificially higher prices despite increasing reserves :(

Back
Top Bottom