• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's a civil war and you damn well know it.

Antiwar:

The surveillance and police state have been in place for the last generation. That boat sailed 20 years ago.

As you say this is a very, very serious locus of crises creating a political perfect storm. It's a kulturkampf between different iterations of perceived realities which are no longer based in fact or reason. It's a tri-polar disconnect between left, right and oligarchy, all of whom have badly distorted views of what is unfolding around them and how to deal with the political quakes shaking your republic to its foundations.

It is not yet a civil war but unless Americans of all political stripes can find away to set aside their different realities and differences in order to bring together those three diverging poles, there very well could be another civil war.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
Hello.
Another excellent comment. "It's a tri-polar disconnect between left, right and oligarchy" frames it nicely.

Humanity's biggest problems are intertwined in the three given positions. The two biggest problems:

1. Earth is suffering. Humans ultimately and entirely depend on Earth's health.

2. People are suffering. No need to explain.

Both cases of suffering are UNNECESSARY.

Left: Wants to not only reduce but reverse the above suffering.

Right: Seems to see the status quo as being acceptable; essentially neutral or negative about 1 and 2.

Oligarchy: Profits and power; use up 1 and 2; aligns with the right (see above) but is more invested (pun intended) and more aggressive.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's it, they deserved to be burned to death.
Wow, you sure love your logical fallacies, don't you?
But to be brutally honest, if these people are sick enough to hand over their eleven year old daughter to a guy who told them he's Jesus so can rape them while they look the other way and pray, I'm not even so sure I'd want to welcome them back into the community.
But sure, Fishking, whatever you say.

Another Biblical illiterate speaks...

no this is just wrong. this is NOTHING like a civil war yet. if we have an honest to god 2nd civil war , this country will burn to the ground. I personally am for that not happening.

But you are personally for a few minor skirmishes happening, eh?

The Oath Keepers did not want the American people to view them as an extremist militia, just a bunch of military and law enforcement who "care about the country", right?

"It was a Friday evening in June. Rhodes, 55, is a stocky man with a gray buzz cut, a wardrobe of tactical-casual attire, and a black eye patch. With him in his pickup were a pistol and a dusty black hat with the gold logo of the Oath Keepers, a militant group that has drawn in thousands of people from the military and law-enforcement communities.

Rhodes had been talking about civil war since he founded the Oath Keepers, in 2009. But now more people were listening. And whereas Rhodes had once cast himself as a revolutionary in waiting, he now saw his role as defending the president. He had put out a call for his followers to protect the country against what he was calling an “insurrection.” The unrest, he told me, was the latest attempt to undermine Donald Trump."

---But let's not call what happened at the Capitol "the first salvo in the Civil War"....we wouldn't want to exaggerate too much?
Let's just call that a "riot", right?

"Rhodes was deeply affected by the 1993 government siege outside Waco, Texas, which ended in the deaths of more than 70 members of an armed Christian sect, which to him showed the danger of government power."

Another far Right monster who took up the same cause that inspired Tim McVeigh to bomb the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City.
But let's just ignore the fact that all of this hasn't been boiling under the surface ever since 1993, twenty-eight years.
Let's just ignore the fact that David Koresh and his "Christian" sect were really a cult that sexually assaulted eleven year old girls with the permission of their parents, they're just a church, right?
Let's just ignore the fact that these people have now promised to return to state Capitols in all 50 states with weapons next week, right?
It's not a civil war, it's just "freedom loving people with a difference of opinion".
I would think rational souls would stop and take a deeper look at the foundation of those "different opinions" and ask themselves what that foundation really consists of.
Because if we do not, and they finally achieve their goal...their objective, we will have normalized people like David Koresh and sold off our allegiance to people who defended him with guns and bombs, people who have already spilled blood for Koresh.

These are not oath keepers, they're Koresh Defenders.
They defend two monsters, Koresh and the Nazi formerly known as Trump.
I've known it since even before the Orange Buffoon was elected. The Far White Right lost their minds when the dark skinned man won a spot on the list of presidents.

no this is just wrong. this is NOTHING like a civil war yet. if we have an honest to god 2nd civil war , this country will burn to the ground. I personally am for that not happening.

Again, CHECK. BACK. IN. A. WEEK.

Right-wing extremists vow to return to Washington for Joe Biden's inauguration
"We will come in numbers that no standing army or police agency can match,” wrote a popular Parler user who frequently posts about QAnon.

Oh yeah, by the way, all FIFTY state Capitols are boarded up and locked down but don't be surprised if four or five of them fall.
So, my question is, if you see Trump standing on the steps of the now fully ransacked State Capitol building in Boise claiming he's still the President (IN EXILE, OF COURSE) will you then admit it's a civil war?

Antiwar:

The surveillance and police state have been in place for the last generation. That boat sailed 20 years ago.

As you say this is a very, very serious locus of crises creating a political perfect storm. It's a kulturkampf between different iterations of perceived realities which are no longer based in fact or reason. It's a tri-polar disconnect between left, right and oligarchy, all of whom have badly distorted views of what is unfolding around them and how to deal with the political quakes shaking your republic to its foundations.

It is not yet a civil war but unless Americans of all political stripes can find a way to set aside their different realities and differences, in order to bring together those three diverging poles, there very well could be another civil war.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

There are more troops defending our Capitol than are in Afghanistan
This is the Second Civil War. It may be quick, but make no mistake, we’re here.

Another Biblical illiterate speaks...
I bet he has a better handle on it than any evangelical or other Christian Right person who someone believes in Jesus and loves Trump.

I bet he has a better handle on it than any evangelical or other Christian Right person who someone believes in Jesus and loves Trump.

Coming from you, that's laughable. Are you still waiting for the Browns to lose the Pittsburgh game?

Coming from you, that's laughable. Are you still waiting for the Browns to lose the Pittsburgh game?

Are you going to make your argument or just keep taking potshots at people?

Let's hear your "biblical" argument in defense of Koresh molesting children.

This post is a result of the left looking at the world through blue tinted glasses.
I agree, but I think it is a result off Democrats taking the words of "Trumpies" as facts when they say that 74 millions support Trump. I think that is wrong. The Republican party had 60-65 millions voting for them long before Trump appeared. And still: No Republican state has been investigated for voter frauds.

If it's a civil war, I won't be participating. A civil war over a bad reality tv show shyster is so damned dumb that it might tear space time and let unspeakable monsters in to float around in the fog.

There are more troops defending our Capitol than are in Afghanistan
This is the Second Civil War. It may be quick, but make no mistake, we’re here.
I looked up the definition of civil war. Before I did I was thinking, "The civil in civil war stands for civilian." I think I was correct.
a war between citizens* of the same country.

* I would substitute "civilians" because someone will say, "The military and police are citizens!"

This post is a result of the left looking at the world through blue tinted glasses.

And your post is no different than the kinds of things ordinary Muslims said after 9/11, making excuses, and never coming to terms with the threat of violence coming from radical Islamic terrorists.

There are dozens of recent interviews with these militia types basically chomping on the bit for a second civil war.

CBS:

Thank you for your kind words and good critique.

I really hope you're wrong about next week, but if you are right, then I must have confidence in the resiliency of your republic and your peoples to withstand such shocks, long enough to have an opportunity to fix things to a degree that the republic and the constitution can remain intact. But that will require brutal self-examination and very uncomfortable compromises by all Americans great and common, in order to see that their realities are all degrees of distortion of an Ur-reality which, if they can come back to it, then they can all share in it in peace. America is a continual work in progress, so get to work and get back on track cooperatively towards building and conserving a more perfect union. That process begins with holding your rogue head of state legally culpable for his abuses and reckless actions, for no one can be above the law in your republic. Then you all must talk and listen. That will be the hard part, because none of you will like all of what your fellow citizens have to say and what you yourselves will have to hear and consider. Then comes the even harder horse-trading and compromises which must be made. Finally you will have to sell in good faith and with honest reason and passion, those imperfect compromises which will be the bricks and mortar of a more perfect union.

Cheers, be well and I hope peace will be upon you all.
Evilroddy.

CBS:

I really hope you're wrong about next week, but if you are right, then I must have confidence in the resiliency of your republic and your peoples to withstand such shocks, long enough to have an opportunity to fix things to a degree that the republic and the constitution can remain intact. But that will require brutal self-examination and very uncomfortable compromises by all Americans great and common, in order to see that their realities are all degrees of distortion of an Ur-reality which, if they can come back to it, then they can all share in it in peace. America is a continual work in progress, so get to work and get back on track cooperatively towards building and conserving a more perfect union. That process begins with holding your rogue head of state legally culpable for his abuses and reckless actions, for no one can be above the law in your republic. Then you all must talk and listen. That will be the hard part, because none of you will like all of what your fellow citizens have to say and what you yourselves will have to hear and consider. Then comes the even harder horse-trading and compromises which must be made. Finally you will have to sell in good faith and with honest reason and passion, those imperfect compromises which will be the bricks and mortar of a more perfect union.

Evilroddy.

What "abuses and reckless actions" are you speaking of?

CBS:

Evilroddy.

Just keep in mind the fact that the very same people who keep calling Joe Biden a pedo are also pissed off about David Koresh, a self-described "MESSIAH" with a keen taste for raping eleven year old girls in front of their parents.
They're so pissed off that they've created "militias" (funny name for domestic terrorists) to avenge this "messiah" and twenty-eight years ago they bombed the Murrah Federal building in Oklahoma City over it.
Yeah, Timmy McVeigh, a shining light to these terrorists, possibly their REAL "messiah".
We better pull our heads out of our asses and start doing some critical thinking about what lies ahead because a few NatGuard troops at all fifty State Capitols aren't going to be able to do our thinking for us.
I mean, that's if preventing an armed takeover of the United States has any meaning or value.

If it's a civil war, I won't be participating. A civil war over a bad reality tv show shyster is so damned dumb that it might tear space time and let unspeakable monsters in to float around in the fog.
I think you already realize it's ultimately not about Trump.

Back
Top Bottom