• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's a civil war and you damn well know it.

What a remarkably unresponsive and imaginative post.

You continue to argue on the same side of positions I've already taken and made clear. The only thing we actually disagree on is whether Koresh and his friends could have been handled better. I absolutely think they could. But here's the big surprise, and the point you seem unable to grasp... It DOES NOT FOLLOW that if someone thinks Waco was botched that they justify war against the US or bombing innocent people. Try to get your mind around that.

I don't see anybody but you having a "rage fest".

Take your crying game to Stewart Rhodes, I am sure you will find sympathy there.

"Rhodes was deeply affected by the 1993 government siege outside Waco, Texas, which ended in the deaths of more than 70 members of an armed Christian sect, which to him showed the danger of government power."

A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans

We are done here.

Civil Disobedience; the refusal to comply with certain laws or to pay taxes and fines, as a peaceful form of political protest.

It depends on what laws are broken and the are willing to be arrested for your cause...

Which ones? The ones in Waco or the ones in the Murrah building?

Are you confused as to whether certain kids should be burned alive and others that shouldn't. Wow.

Are you confused as to whether certain kids should be burned alive and others that shouldn't. Wow.

I think everyone agrees that Janet Reno was a ****ing incompetent authoritarian shitbag.

Yeah we are because rational people are immune to troll tactics.

Sorry, but we have quite a number of people OK with burning woman and children alive so how about you worry about them.

He meant to ask if you are defending david koresh.

Do I have to support Koresh to be against women and children being burned alive? I honestly don't know much about his group beyond there seeming to be abuse, he thought he was Jesus or something, and being young and pronouncing Waco like wacko.

I just think burning alive a bunch of people who were composed of many innocent victims is tragic.

I think everyone agrees that Janet Reno was a ****ing incompetent authoritarian shitbag.

Quite possible. I don't remember her much. I just think it was tragic what happened. Yes, the authorities needed to be there to stop what seemed to be abuse going on but their botched actions resulted in a massacre that should easily be agreed upon as being a giant ****up on the part of the government but the OP wrote in such a way as "Who care about children being burned alive, they were with that nutbag." and that's shitty.

Quite possible. I don't remember her much. I just think it was tragic what happened. Yes, the authorities needed to be there to stop what seemed to be abuse going on but their botched actions resulted in a massacre that should easily be agreed upon as being a giant ****up on the part of the government but the OP wrote in such a way as "Who care about children being burned alive, they were with that nutbag." and that's shitty.

I remember her well. Grab all the guns but then when the Branch Davidians thing happened, send tanks. Grab all the guns, but then when a Cuban kid is the center of a custody dispute, do this:

1610662027747.png

I mean, that's totally reasonable, right?

And BLM wants to fully proclaim all whites as, white supremicist, racist, pocessing of while privelege. (By the way I'm still complaining to my elders about all that "privelege they forgot to bestow on me growing up)

No one forgot to bestow your privileges, it's a package deal that comes with being white and growing up in our society...

You really ought to read up on Ruby Ridge if you think the people who were killed there were at fault.

It's actually entirely possible to think that Koresh's group was a grotesque perversion of Christianity, and that he was a dangerous criminal, and AT THE SAME TIME hold that the authorities botched and bungled the raid and bear responsibility for the lives lost. That's certainly my position.
I will repeat my advice. Don't challenge the real law and order unless you are willing to pay the ultimate price. You are welcome to your opinion.

Do I have to support Koresh to be against women and children being burned alive? I honestly don't know much about his group beyond there seeming to be abuse, he thought he was Jesus or something, and being young and pronouncing Waco like wacko.

I just think burning alive a bunch of people who were composed of many innocent victims is tragic.
It's tragic their parents dragged them into the situation. They had every opportunity in the world to get the kids out. It is tragic and it was avoidable.

Sorry, but we have quite a number of people OK with burning woman and children alive so how about you worry about them.

We have some content to wave their shrouds revisiting old grievances to promote a war.

Going by this thread, apparently not everybody agrees. In fact thinking so apparently means you are "vanilla ISIS" or something like that.

It's just you:

One example of an abuse of power was phoning up the Georgia SoS and trying to cajole and coerce him into either finding 11780 more votes for President Trump or to suppress by disqualification a similar number of Biden votes. That is a crime, actually several crimes.

One example of reckless behaviour is gathering up a crowd of thousands of already angry citizens, subjecting them to a series of incendiary speakers, including himself, fraudulently telling them that he and they would march to the Capitol together to make a show of force to the Congress and then scurrying back to the White House to see the riot which he had enabled unfold on TV, allegedly with considerable satisfaction.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

So, you were there and you heard what was said between Trump and the Georgia SoS?

Your second claim is laughable, I heard it, too. You are just a bomb thrower.

So, you were there and you heard what was said between Trump and the Georgia SoS?

Your second claim is laughable, I heard it, too. You are just a bomb thrower.

It's just you:

Oh, for the love of Pete, the full conversation was recorded and released to the public by the Georgia SoS. You can listen to it too, if you want to.

Criminal investigations and follow-on trials will determine whether the claims made are laughable or not. I am not throwing bombs, I am describing events and speeches which are part of the public record.

If you wish to live in a denialist, fantasy world, it is beyond my power to stop you. So as Buddy Holly so famously said, "Rave On".

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

It's tragic their parents dragged them into the situation. They had every opportunity in the world to get the kids out. It is tragic and it was avoidable.

Tragic that their parents did that and also tragic they got burned alive. WTF is wrong with people in this thread seemingly OK with burning children alive?

It's just you:

Oh, for the love of Pete, the full conversation was recorded and released to the public by the Georgia SoS. You can listen to it too, if you want to.

Criminal investigations and follow-on trials will determine whether the claims made are laughable or not. I am not throwing bombs, I am describing events and speeches which are part of the public record.

If you wish to live in a denialist, fantasy world, it is beyond my power to stop you. So as Buddy Holly so famously said, "Rave On".

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

And if you wish to live in a tinfoil hat black helicopter world, knock yourself out. I'll wait for the findings of the investigations.

Back
Top Bottom