• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's a civil war and you damn well know it.

Again that is some more impressive mental gymnastics because you expect people to ignore that Waco rage is ALL ABOUT defending Koresh.
Well your claim means nothing without some evidence. Where are the quots defending koresh? I have never met a single person who defended him. Or read of anyone defending him, though I am sure a few nutwings have.

What a ridiculous post. Show some proof that Trump supported this, or that any but a few extremist did not condemn Koresh. And regardless of whatever Koresh was doing its irrelevant now and has nothing to do with Trump. Facts are fact and the federal authorities that stormed the Buildings at the Koresh compound contributed to the dead of women and children in their hasty and unnecessary attack. Time alone would have forced the people out. A military assualt was reckless and proved deadly to innocents. And I'm not in any way defending Koresh or loonies who fell in with his BS. Just saying sometimes our law enforcement agencies get a bit too gung ho.
Even if he did give that mob a pep talk for an hour on Jan 6th, his endless lies about the election being stolen is evidence enough for incitement. You seem to relish the murders of Federal police that was true in both of these abominations. The fire at the compound was set by the occupants too. Like the one term mistake Koresh was unable to admit defeat and took all with him when he died..

Conspiracy theories he wants, conspiracy theories he gets.
You seem confused.

These people (i.e. Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, QAnon, etc. etc.) are the ones calling this a Civil War. That's what THEY say. Perhaps you should direct your concerns to some of them.

All the OP did was restate some basic facts.

You seem confused.

These people (i.e. Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, QAnon, etc. etc.) are the ones calling this a Civil War. That's what THEY say. Perhaps you should direct your concerns to some of them.

But those facts conflict with @it's just me's alternative facts.

You seem confused.

Nope, it's about time the people who perpetuate this idiocy take responsibility.

Oath Keepers are a joke.

They went to support Bundy at the Bundy Ranch. Bundy was refusing to pay the government for federal land he was grazing his cattle on.

They stood out in the desert for a week. Nothing happened.

Their leader said he had info that Obama was going to launch a drone strike on them and that they should all go home.

And that was the end of that.

The group is a farce.

They drew beads on law enforcement and, had law enforcement not stepped back, that little spot in the desert would have blown up into a fully armed skirmish, one that law enforcement was ill equipped to push back on because they were heavily outnumbered.
Don't forget that each and every one of those oath smellers was ready to die for Mister Mormon Outcast Cliven Bundy.

Oath Keepers are a joke.

They went to support Bundy at the Bundy Ranch. Bundy was refusing to pay the government for federal land he was grazing his cattle on.

They stood out in the desert for a week. Nothing happened.

Their leader said he had info that Obama was going to launch a drone strike on them and that they should all go home.

And that was the end of that.

The group is a farce.

By the way, since you DID bring up Cliven Bundy, I am compelled to post the Obligatory Cliven Bundy video by my friend Sean Shealy.

Oh and...by the way, if we still had a NORMAL F*****KING country instead, if you're wondering what Bundyfest is, it was a satirical poke at Burning Man, and another whacky idea by Sean Shealy. He wanted to turn Cliven Bundy's grazing patch into a kind of Woodstock in the Desert right next to Cliven's compound.

Last edited:
Civil Disobedience; the refusal to comply with certain laws or to pay taxes and fines, as a peaceful form of political protest.

Nope, it's about time the people who perpetuate this idiocy take responsibility.
Moronic statement.

So you're another Trump apologist/denier, I see.

One week into a staged coup, by white nationalists, against the country....and people like you are looking for liberals to blame.

Not surprising.

Tell me, have you even condemned the events of last week yet? Have you condemned Trump and all of the GOPers who fomented it? Have you condemned white nationalists, yet....or are you one of those morons who believes (because you've seen it on social media/FoxNews) that "others like Antifa" might have been involved?

What "abuses and reckless actions" are you speaking of?

It's just you:

One example of an abuse of power was phoning up the Georgia SoS and trying to cajole and coerce him into either finding 11780 more votes for President Trump or to suppress by disqualification a similar number of Biden votes. That is a crime, actually several crimes.

One example of reckless behaviour is gathering up a crowd of thousands of already angry citizens, subjecting them to a series of incendiary speakers, including himself, fraudulently telling them that he and they would march to the Capitol together to make a show of force to the Congress and then scurrying back to the White House to see the riot which he had enabled unfold on TV, allegedly with considerable satisfaction.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
When Trump warned of civil war, Rhodes voiced his assent. “This is the truth,” he wrote. “This is where we are.”
---Rhodes appeared on Hardball and The O’Reilly Factor, where his ideas were called dangerous; on conservative talk radio, where they were met more favorably; and on The Alex Jones Show, where he was featured so often that he and Jones became friends.

original.jpg

“Hey guys, I’ve been in the other room … in the other room on the other side of this door, there is a glass, that can be broken. You can drop down into a room underneath it. There are also two doors in the other room, one in the rear, and one on the right as you go in it. So, we should probably coordinate together if you’re going to take this building.”

Evidence shows Republican leaders directed occupation of Capitol, and provided details for attack

Exclusive: Large bitcoin payments to right-wing activists a month before Capitol riot linked to foreign account

But sure, everyone keep on denying the fact that this is now a civil war.

“Hey guys, I’ve been in the other room … in the other room on the other side of this door, there is a glass, that can be broken. You can drop down into a room underneath it. There are also two doors in the other room, one in the rear, and one on the right as you go in it. So, we should probably coordinate together if you’re going to take this building.”

Evidence shows Republican leaders directed occupation of Capitol, and provided details for attack

Exclusive: Large bitcoin payments to right-wing activists a month before Capitol riot linked to foreign account

But sure, everyone keep on denying the fact that this is now a civil war.

A certain gun-toting Qanon Congresswoman?

You seem to be blaming a particular group for that episode. Who might you have in mind? Korsch killed them and anyone else who died there in my opinion. Ruby ridge, waco, heaven's gate, the people's temple, the bundy incident with his cattle, these folks are on the wrong side of every one of them defending the lunatics in chief like jim jones. It's us wicked evil people suffocating their freedom of speech.

Don't challenge the real law and order unless you are prepared to pay the ultimate price. Some folks just don't learn.

You really ought to read up on Ruby Ridge if you think the people who were killed there were at fault.

It's actually entirely possible to think that Koresh's group was a grotesque perversion of Christianity, and that he was a dangerous criminal, and AT THE SAME TIME hold that the authorities botched and bungled the raid and bear responsibility for the lives lost. That's certainly my position.

There are more troops defending our Capitol than are in Afghanistan
This is the Second Civil War. It may be quick, but make no mistake, we’re here.

I don't know if were really there yet. As the Repubs continue to lose, they've become more desperate, but I don't believe we've crossed the Rubicon yet. We'll know for sure sometime in the next four years.

Political folks like us around the country might think so, but everyone else? I don't think the majority of the general public, if we are only one side knows about it...

You really ought to read up on Ruby Ridge if you think the people who were killed there were at fault.

It's actually entirely possible to think that Koresh's group was a grotesque perversion of Christianity, and that he was a dangerous criminal, and AT THE SAME TIME hold that the authorities botched and bungled the raid and bear responsibility for the lives lost. That's certainly my position.

And therefore, because this one outfit did not perform a miracle and both save all of the kids AND Koresh, and ALSO do so with so much kid glove treatment....hey wow, it almost sounds like you really think that would have been possible while the Koresh Army was blistering them with hundreds of rounds a minute.

And of course all of this amounts to justification for the OKC bombing and everything that has happened since.
I think you should call some of the parents of those dead children in the Murrah building and explain it to them.
I am sure they will understand.

Oh and...it is more than disingenuous to compare Waco to Ruby Ridge in some A=A=A=A= justification to go to war against the United States.
Sounds like you think exactly the way our terrorists think, you should join up.
You've got jihadi fever running in your veins.

I don't know if were really there yet. As the Repubs continue to lose, they've become more desperate, but I don't believe we've crossed the Rubicon yet. We'll know for sure sometime in the next four years.

Political folks like us around the country might think so, but everyone else? I don't think the majority of the general public, if we are only one side knows about it...

We will know next week.

And therefore, because this one outfit did not perform a miracle and both save all of the kids AND Koresh, and ALSO do so with so much kid glove treatment....hey wow, it almost sounds like you really think that would have been possible while the Koresh Army was blistering them with hundreds of rounds a minute.

There were other alternatives. Koresh went into town regularly and could have been apprehended easily. Yes, once the lunatic was surrounded by heavily armed police, it was hard to defuse the situation and easy for him to talk his followers into a last stand. But it didn't have to come to that.

And of course all of this amounts to justification for the OKC bombing and everything that has happened since.
I think you should call some of the parents of those dead children in the Murrah building and explain it to them.
I am sure they will understand.

100% unadulterated bullshit that you made up out of whole cloth. Believe it or not, it's possible to believe that the Waco raid was irresponsibly bungled AND that the bombing of the Murrah building was vile murder. In fact, that's the reasonable point of view.

Oh and...it is more than disingenuous to compare Waco to Ruby Ridge in some A=A=A=A= justification to go to war against the United States.
Sounds like you think exactly the way our terrorists think, you should join up.
You've got jihadi fever running in your veins.

Seriously, what's wrong with you? I didn't compare Waco to Ruby Ridge. And I most certainly did not and would not see either as a justification to go to war against the United States. Why don't you read and respond to what people actually post instead of inventing their positions out of your imagination?

There were other alternatives. Koresh went into town regularly and could have been apprehended easily. Yes, once the lunatic was surrounded by heavily armed police, it was hard to defuse the situation and easy for him to talk his followers into a last stand. But it didn't have to come to that.

100% unadulterated bullshit that you made up out of whole cloth. Believe it or not, it's possible to believe that the Waco raid was irresponsibly bungled AND that the bombing of the Murrah building was vile murder. In fact, that's the reasonable point of view.

Seriously, what's wrong with you? I didn't compare Waco to Ruby Ridge. And I most certainly did not and would not see either as a justification to go to war against the United States. Why don't you read and respond to what people actually post instead of inventing their positions out of your imagination?

In the end, NONE OF it IS justification for what's happening now, but that's the justification Stewart Rhodes, and YOU, and every other Vanilla ISIS, carries around in their heart.

You know how people are worried about "the optics?"
Perhaps they were concerned about the optics of jacking Koresh up in the middle of town and decided instead to discreetly come for him at the compound. Yeah sure, turns out they may have underestimated the incendiary storage in the attic.
But in the end, there was never any way that the compound raid was going to be anything less than a volcanic eruption, and...in the end NONE of it is justification for a thirty year antigovernment terror campaign.

You masturbate to Waco all you want.
You sound like you wish you were Vanilla ISIS because you can't let go of your little Waco rage fest.

In the end, NONE OF it IS justification for what's happening now, but that's the justification Stewart Rhodes, and YOU, and every other Vanilla ISIS, carries around in their heart.

You know how people are worried about "the optics?"
Perhaps they were concerned about the optics of jacking Koresh up in the middle of town and decided instead to discreetly come for him at the compound. Yeah sure, turns out they may have underestimated the incendiary storage in the attic.
But in the end, there was never any way that the compound raid was going to be anything less than a volcanic eruption, and...in the end NONE of it is justification for a thirty year antigovernment terror campaign.

You masturbate to Waco all you want.
You sound like you wish you were Vanilla ISIS because you can't let go of your little Waco rage fest.

What a remarkably unresponsive and imaginative post.

You continue to argue on the same side of positions I've already taken and made clear. The only thing we actually disagree on is whether Koresh and his friends could have been handled better. I absolutely think they could. But here's the big surprise, and the point you seem unable to grasp... It DOES NOT FOLLOW that if someone thinks Waco was botched that they justify war against the US or bombing innocent people. Try to get your mind around that.

I don't see anybody but you having a "rage fest".

Back
Top Bottom