• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's a boy! Catherine gives birth to royal baby[W:136]

They just named him. His name is Ringo.

All hail King Ringo!!

944286_647947065217612_836761836_n.jpg

LOL we won't be surprised when a couple lads from the SAS pay you a visit!!

had a nice sleep but I got up for work and I'm filled with dread because I just realised we have 3 male heirs to the throne! I fully expect Harry to take the baby prisoner and rouse the northern armies and make a massive power play for the throne.

Game of Thrones - Main Theme (Extended) - YouTube

had a nice sleep but I got up for work and I'm filled with dread because I just realised we have 3 male heirs to the throne! I fully expect Harry to take the baby prisoner and rouse the northern armies and make a massive power play for the throne.

Game of Thrones - Main Theme (Extended) - YouTube
----------------
LOL.
This is what happens when you have a monarchy.
The Machiavellian scheming, the intrigue, the fighting, the full frontal nudity.
Kinda like our 2000 Presidential election.
Oh, well, it's all pretty irrelevant since Queen Liz will probably out live them all.

----------------
LOL.
This is what happens when you have a monarchy.
The Machiavellian scheming, the intrigue, the fighting, the full frontal nudity.
Kinda like our 2000 Presidential election.
Oh, well, it's all pretty irrelevant since Queen Liz will probably out live them all.

I fully expect Lizzy to conveniently pass away on a hunting trip very soon ;)

The good part is the only ones here who care are from the UK so that is understandable. Question is if Americans don't care why is the American media so obsessed with it.

Any answer in this article?

US historians will tell you that the fascination with the royals is nothing new. The coronation of Queen Victoria, for instance, was one of the great news events of its day.

What is new is the marriage of British regal tradition with American celebrity culture - a union which came to be crystallised in 1985 when Princess Diana danced with John Travolta at a White House state dinner.

Princess Diana became Vanity Fair magazine's favourite cover girl. Her death was as much an emotional event for many Americans as it was for grieving Britons.

The British populace have become wary of the term "Special Relationship" which the papers keep going on about but this doesn't mean a dislike for America / Americans. Like you though, I can understand why the birth is important here - symbolically, economically and politically; I just don't "get" why it's such big news in the US.

It could be that among some ordinary Americans the old "Special Relationship" still has resonance - despite the reality in politics.

I think its time them monarchs get j.....o.....b.....s.
William have any skillz? Sure Lizzy could at least work a pole every now and again.

Really? Ringo?

Anyhuu.

images

I think its time them monarchs get j.....o.....b.....s.
William have any skillz? Sure Lizzy could at least work a pole every now and again.

You should probably check your status and your facts, monarchy hater. For generations now members of the Royal Family have consistently worked in multiple fields and have done tremendous deeds.

The prince who is the lucky father is in the army, the royal airforce.
Some others work in a bank, professors at universities and many more.
Members of the royal family are well accomplished individuals.

You should probably check your status and your facts, monarchy hater. For generations now members of the Royal Family have consistently worked in multiple fields and have done tremendous deeds.

The prince who is the lucky father is in the army, the royal airforce.
Some others work in a bank, professors at universities and many more.
Members of the royal family are well accomplished individuals.

Please share those great accomplishments with us.
Cure any diseases?
Thousands of men are in the British armed forces.
So, lay down some of the deeds they are known for?
And just remember, they exist because we allowed for them to exist after two wars then bailed them out of two world wars at great expense to our nation.

Mostly just a commentary on our so called news media who will talk about this all day but I also really wonder if anyone in this forum really cares and if so WHY?

Well you obviously care.

Few. But who cares, thousands of babies were born yesterday.
Just this one will never have to lift a finger his whole life.

For somebody who professes not to care, you sure as hell have a lot of posts on the subject.

Cure any diseases?
And just remember, they exist because we allowed for them to exist after two wars then bailed them out of two world wars at great expense to our nation.

Your knowledge of history - and especially the history of the two world wars - is at a comic book level. Try reading some actual history before making a fool of yourself.

Harry is. William was... and might still be, not sure.

I'd say their military service far surpasses that of the offspring of recent U.S. political figures.

Your knowledge of history - and especially the history of the two world wars - is at a comic book level. Try reading some actual history before making a fool of yourself.
Care to attempt to prove me wrong?
I asked you to lay down some British history, yet you side stepped that altogther.
Good show.

Harry was a helocoptor pilot.
William not sure of, but seriously. They will both spend the rest of their lives living off the backs of the very people they "rule".

they are both still active military, pay taxes and when they are not working they raise millions for charity.

Cure any diseases?

William is an RAF rescue helicopter pilot out in Anglesey.

Harry recently returned from duty in Afghanistan where he was desperate to serve after his presence was previously given away by newspapers.

Back
Top Bottom