• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's a boy! Catherine gives birth to royal baby[W:136]

Must be a quiet news day in the US then. These things happen.

Not so quiet really but it is better than talking about this for our media.

"Obama appointee implicated in congressional testimony in the IRS targeting scandal met with President Obama in the White House two days before offering his colleagues a new set of advice on how to scrutinize tea party and conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.

IRS chief counsel William Wilkins, who was named in House Oversight testimony by retiring IRS agent Carter Hull as one of his supervisors in the improper targeting of conservative groups, met with Obama in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on April 23, 2012. Wilkins’ boss, then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman, visited the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on April 24, 2012, according to White House visitor logs.

Read more: Embattled IRS chief counsel met with Obama 2 days before agency changed targeting criteria | The Daily Caller

Outside of a passing interest, it really has no consequence in my life one way or the other.

Same here. Passing interest, nothing more. One local tv station interrupted programming to announce it. That was a bit much, IMO. It could have waited for the regular newscast.

Beyond the passing interest... :yawn:

Mostly just a commentary on our so called news media who will talk about this all day but I also really wonder if anyone in this forum really cares and if so WHY?

Some of us are British and It does affect us therefore we care about it, the UK media is creaming themselves over it.

And BTW, congratulations to our Canadian members who now have a new ceremonial person who doesn't have to get a real job.

Not so quiet really but it is better than talking about this for our media.

"Obama appointee implicated in congressional testimony in the IRS targeting scandal met with President Obama in the White House two days before offering his colleagues a new set of advice on how to scrutinize tea party and conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.

IRS chief counsel William Wilkins, who was named in House Oversight testimony by retiring IRS agent Carter Hull as one of his supervisors in the improper targeting of conservative groups, met with Obama in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on April 23, 2012. Wilkins’ boss, then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman, visited the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on April 24, 2012, according to White House visitor logs.

Read more: Embattled IRS chief counsel met with Obama 2 days before agency changed targeting criteria | The Daily Caller

You'll understand over here however that regular TV schedules have given over to public reaction and celebrations. It's important to us here - even gives a focus for the few republicans in the UK too. :lamo

Oh and to respond to the no name thing - that's a tradition apparently, Charles' name wasn't released or decided for a month.

I'm impressed they managed to keep the birth quiet for 3 and 1/2 hours.

Would have been nice to see a baby girl (future Queen) but I'm pleased either way. Good to see a lot of young Brits in the crowds outside Buckingham Palace this evening.

yeh mate everyone seemed in good sprits in the pub, work etc. Nice to see most people feeling proud to be British again!

The whole of royalty should have died off long ago. They are parasites. I don't get why people worship them over people who actually accomplish things.

they actually accomplish quite a lot though their work for charity and most of them have actual jobs now.

Congrats to Kate and Will. I imagine a first labour under national scrutiny is a challenging one. I trust Kate had Sky News switched off where they asked their guest midwife such illuminating questions like whether being fit and healthy would make childbirth easier and what a husbands role should be. :shock:

Congrats to Kate and Will. I imagine a first labour under national scrutiny is a challenging one. I trust Kate had Sky News switched off where they asked their guest midwife such illuminating questions like whether being fit and healthy would make childbirth easier and what a husbands role should be. :shock:

do you think the nurses had a smile to themselves when the doctor said she was crowning?

they actually accomplish quite a lot though their work for charity and most of them have actual jobs now.

Not enough to justify all the wealth they hold and money they receive.

THE TITLE THREAD sounds like a track from the first side of TOMMY

(Its a boy Mrs Walker its a boy)

THE TITLE THREAD sounds like a track from the first side of TOMMY

(Its a boy Mrs Walker its a boy)

Captain Walker didn't come home, his unborn child will never know him. Believe him missing with a number of men, don't expect to see him again.

Captain Walker didn't come home, his unborn child will never know him. Believe him missing with a number of men, don't expect to see him again.

actually he did come home and then the manure really hit the fan.

I'm delighted that the Duchess has had her baby. Historic moment. First time in 120 years that three generations have been around for the birth of an heir. Happy news in an unhappy world.

They just named him. His name is Ringo.

All hail King Ringo!!

944286_647947065217612_836761836_n.jpg

Ruh roh.........

999064_601518309898433_1312983360_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom