• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's 70 Degrees Warmer Than Normal in Eastern Antartica. Scientists Are Flabbergasted.

No, they don't
Yes, they do. Quit lying. Parts of the world are already becoming uninhabitable, due to record droughts or uncontrollable fires.

I have. Drop the wise ass bullshit, please.
More lying. If you had read about this, then you would know that this is disastrous for virtually all sea life. As scientists have explained.

Yes, they do. Quit lying. Parts of the world are already becoming uninhabitable, due to record droughts or uncontrollable fires.
Like that's something new? Wildfires are decreasing, btw.
More lying. If you had read about this, then you would know that this is disastrous for virtually all sea life. As scientists have explained.
When you done coloring the pictures, send it to me.

Like that's something new? Wildfires are decreasing, btw.
Actually, it is. Southern Iraq is basically being abandoned because of constant drought and lack of water. People who farmed that land for 40 - 50 years have permanently moved to northern Iraq.

Wildfires are NOT decreasing. The wildfire season is much longer, especially in CA. And fires are more intense than ever. More blatant lies. --

The extent of area burned by wildfires each year appears to have increased since the 1980s. According to National Interagency Fire Center data, of the 10 years with the largest acreage burned, all have occurred since 2004, including the peak year in 2015. This period coincides with many of the warmest years on record nationwide (see the U.S. and Global Temperature indicator). The largest increases have occurred during the spring and summer months.

Actually, it is. Southern Iraq is basically being abandoned because of constant drought and lack of water. People who farmed that land for 40 - 50 years have permanently moved to northern Iraq.
Those kinds of population relocations have been around since man first walked the earth.

Wildfires are NOT decreasing. The wildfire season is much longer, especially in CA. And fires are more intense than ever. More blatant lies. --

Seems like the lines are going downward. How come it ends at 1980? I wonder what pre-1980 plot looks like?

Since the crazy Republican GQP Party doesn't even believe in climate change, this is another crucial reason why these deranged people must NEVER run the Federal government again. --

I don't think anyone 100% disbelieves in global warming, rather the disbelief comes in the process of.

I was taught in grammar school years ago that the Earth is getting warmer because we are coming out of an ice age, so global warming makes overall sense. We were taught to live with it and not to build homes 10 or 20 feet from the ocean break point -- build your home 250 feet or more from the ocean. Makes sense.

However, I think that many do not believe (including me) that humans are 100% responsible for every warmer degree of temperature - and continue to be.

The Earth is 4.3 billion years old; we've been collecting temperatures for just ~150 years - or less, and with rather unreliable thermometers for decades at first. So there is no real history for temperatures out of 4.3 billion years.

Starting with various pollution laws then came the Clean Air Act of 1970 and others like it, which I think have helped curtail air pollution. Let's keep going.

But don't you think the 10,000s of nuclear bombs and hydrogen bombs detonated in the mid-1900s warmed things up a bit? Like the H-bomb "Mike" (similar one linked) that blew up half of the Pacific Ocean. Don't you think that billions of gallons of ocean water boiled that day?

And what about covering thousands of square miles with solar panels. Some scientists say that the sun's rays will be reflected back up into the atmosphere, causing warming. They do have a point. Concentrated sun rays result in a great amount of heat.

You made us pay for catalytic converters on all cars and even included a felony charge for tampering or removing them. Ever have one or two 'go' on you @ $2,000 each? It is not fun. I can't wait to see the hidden charges in the green new deal which democrats will get passed even if one little piece at a time - all $100 Trillion++ of it. But we don't know what's in the bill, of course, because as that stupid idiot Pelosi tells us "you never know what's in a bill until it's passed" which is an asinine and absurd statement to make.

The point here is - we could spend $1 quadrillion and give democrats every single thing they want and the whole thing will be filled with corruption and fraud - just like we're now seeing with the COVID funds now - and yet the entire green new deal will be a failure like every other big-ticket item the democrats spend a ton of money on.

It is an absolute waste as all the democrats are doing is redistributing wealth. The global temperatures will never, ever come down or remain stable and they all know it.

They'll be begging China to build cheap solar panels and windmills. Where are all of those solar and wind jobs Biden promised 2 years ago? They are not here in the USA.

Think back to 1980 when scientists were telling us with 100% certainty that the world would run out of oil by the year 2000. The speed limit was cut to 55 mph, which turned out to be a total failure except for ticket-writers who made a ton of money. That was only 40 years ago.

Now we have so much oil (and more discovered daily) it cannot be pumped out of the ground fast enough and we are just going to leave it there forever? Abandon all of that wealth?

I doubt that highly.

Scientists can’t explain it so they go to global warming as the default answer instead of we don’t know
LOL. They do know and that is why you hate science and scientists. You think they may cause you some minor inconvenience and that is over your line.

And yet fossilized forests have been found under the ice in Antartica - kinda shoots down the "this could only happen because of AGW" doesn't it.
LOL. Antarctica was part of the supercontinent Pangaea and didn't always reside on the South pole. That's where the fossils were made. Who told you that lie? There were times when the poles were iceless too. During the Permian–Triassic extinction event most of the algae and plankton died due to high temperatures and the with no oxygen the oceans turned purple with anaerobic bacteria. There were no "forests" growing then though. Humans have evolved in a "goldilocks" climate and are not capable of adapting. Even a "minor" extinction event would surely wipe our species out.

It is the Earth's most severe known extinction event, with the extinction of 57% of biological families, 83% of genera, 81% of marine species[8][9][10] and 70% of terrestrial vertebrate species.[11] It was the largest known mass extinction of insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian–Triassic_extinction_event

130997566_908630633297066_3784971080421745828_n.jpg

Last edited:
And why is it "bad"? Is there a "perfect temperature"? What we're seeing is more crops and less spend on heating.

You have had both Bush Jr. and Trump as presidents that refuted the urgent need for action. There also James Inhofe was the chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works for many years, including during Trump presidency. So those Republicans have had plenty of opportunities to disprove the urgent need for action.

"Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) is the chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. According to Oil Change International, Inhofe has received over $2 million in political contributions from the fossil fuel industry. He once compared the Environmental Protection Agency to the Gestapo, and brought a snowball onto the Senate floor to ‘disprove’ global warming. Sen. Inhofe, author of the 2012 book The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future, once claimed on the Senate floor that “man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.”"

There the result was instead that this report about the urgent need for action was published by federal agencies under the control and scrutiny of Republicans in 2018, because the evidence is so overwhelming.

"The impacts of climate change are already being felt in communities across the country. More frequent and intense extreme weather and climate-related events, as well as changes in average climate conditions, are expected to continue to damage infrastructure, ecosystems, and social systems that provide essential benefits to communities. Future climate change is expected to further disrupt many areas of life, exacerbating existing challenges to prosperity posed by aging and deteriorating infrastructure, stressed ecosystems, and economic inequality. Impacts within and across regions will not be distributed equally. People who are already vulnerable, including lower-income and other marginalized communities, have lower capacity to prepare for and cope with extreme weather and climate-related events and are expected to experience greater impacts. Prioritizing adaptation actions for the most vulnerable populations would contribute to a more equitable future within and across communities. Global action to significantly cut greenhouse gas emissions can substantially reduce climate-related risks and increase opportunities for these populations in the longer term."

There are many positive examples that shows that a transiton away from fossils fuels is possible.

There action on climate change could also pay for itself simply from the positive health effects from reduction in toxic pollutions.

There a transition away from fossil fuel could also reduce and stop the funding of and dependency on brutal regimes like the Russian and Saudi regimes. There those regimes also use their western fossil fuel money to fund horrific wars against their neighbors.

Last edited:
LOL. They do know and that is why you hate science and scientists. You think they may cause you some minor inconvenience and that is over your line.
Well since you can read my mind what type of off am I thinking you should do?

And in the past two hundred year temp has exploded at about 1 degree celsius per century. :eek: Frequency of major storms has been almost flat, sea level has skyrocket about a meter, at most. What else ya got?
Yeah that's bad

50-70% degrees higher in temperature, what else could it be but Global Warming????
A natural weather anomaly that happen all the time through the history of the planet, but that doesn’t make as much money

Those kinds of population relocations have been around since man first walked the earth.

Seems like the lines are going downward. How come it ends at 1980? I wonder what pre-1980 plot looks like?
Dont wonder. Post it

A natural weather anomaly that happen all the time through the history of the planet, but that doesn’t make as much money
By the way, I do have one question regarding the bolded part.

How do 270+ (world-wide) scientists saying there is a huge Climate Change problem occurring "make money off of saying it"?

The Republican Party believes getting rich is more important than preserving nature because that is all it cares about - money money money. So they deny climate change out of greed, not academic stupidity.
Perhaps so for the party's leaders. For the party's voters, academic stupidity does apply (in addition to greed).

Nope. If you actually read the article, you would see. But you are unread and unknowledgeable. Hence, that's why you are a Trumpster.

Wonder all you want. Smart people know what's happening.

Well since you can read my mind what type of off am I thinking you should do?
Hey Chill, how come you did not respond to my last two questions. Didn't have an answer so you ran away?

A natural weather anomaly that happen all the time through the history of the planet, but that doesn’t make as much moneyM
Mass extinctions are also "anomalies" that have happened through the history of the planet and it seems that they all were caused by things that messed with carbon cycle (like volcanoes) not unlike what we are doing now. The earth has a delicate balance and when it gets screwed up all HELL breaks loose,

Nope. If you actually read the article, you would see. But you are unread and unknowledgeable. Hence, that's why you are a Trumpster.

Wonder all you want. Smart people know what's happening.
If YOU read history you'd know my statement is settled science. :cool;
The article is just another example of the science I cited.

By the way, I do have one question regarding the bolded part.

How do 270+ (world-wide) scientists saying there is a huge Climate Change problem occurring "make money off of saying it"?
How do you think they get the financial support to keep on saying it? Political interests need something like "we're all going to burn to death in ten years . . ." to get the power to force people to do what they want. You don't get elected by saying "everything's alright".

Back
Top Bottom