• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's 19 weeks into the year and America has already seen 198 mass shootings

So we should ignore bystanders who get shot because you are not comfortable acknowledging a problem in our country? That is such a dumb idea.
It ain't about my discomfort, it's about your discomfort with the genuine truth. Liberal like bullshit and indecisive and inaccurate definitions. If someone hit by a piece of glass, liberals assume they are part of the shooting, no questions asked. And btw, the 2A doesn't say "except for mass shootings". In fact in the case where tyrants go to far, there have been mass shootings on both sides, as has happened throughout history.

Yep - if there was any doubt as to what Americans were collectively willing to accept vis-a-vis gun violence, Sandy Hook settled it beyond doubt. Largely unfettered access to firearms is more important than lives lost to gun violence. It is who we are. The only difference between Americans on this issue is whether one views that as a source of pride or shame.
The Sandy Hook psychopath stole his mother's legally purchased firearm, used it to murder her, then used it to commit mass murder in a perverted emulation of a video game. He left behind extensive notes documenting his plan to act out the video game.

Of course establishing effective school security programs or treatment for these sickos isn't considered. The only thing allowed is exploitation to advance gun grabbing.

It ain't about my discomfort, it's about your discomfort with the genuine truth. Liberal like bullshit and indecisive and inaccurate definitions. If someone hit by a piece of glass, liberals assume they are part of the shooting, no questions asked. And btw, the 2A doesn't say "except for mass shootings". In fact in the case where tyrants go to far, there have been mass shootings on both sides, as has happened throughout history.

Consider seeking help.

What an idiotic post. Joe Biden created mass shootings that have been going on for decades in America -- really?

I'm sure that if a meteor crashed into Memphis you'd blame Joe Biden.

The only thing relevant about your post is that it reveals, in full display, your partisan hackery.
Biden didn't create it, but he certainly hasn't done anything to heal the rift that is causing the shootings. Neither political party is or any political candidate that I know of currently. But, he is the President and the leader of his party, and it has to start somewhere. So blame away, blame him, blame his party, and then when power reverses, blame the other party and the other guy.

No, it doesn't because you don't have all the information.

Most firearm deaths are suicides, which shows we also have a mental health problem

Go back and actually read my posts. It shouldn't have to be said but maybe it does. When interacting in a text based forum reading is critical. Try it.

Twist it however makes you feel better.
I don't twist stats the left does.

So I wanted to know which metric you're using.

Biden didn't create it, but he certainly hasn't done anything to heal the rift that is causing the shootings. Neither political party is or any political candidate that I know of currently. But, he is the President and the leader of his party, and it has to start somewhere. So blame away, blame him, blame his party, and then when power reverses, blame the other party and the other guy.

I agree. Both parties are creating this divide and making excuses. Hell, half the people in this thread either won't recognize that there is a problem or that the problem is confined to a single race.

The Sandy Hook psychopath stole his mother's legally purchased firearm, used it to murder her, then used it to commit mass murder in a perverted emulation of a video game. He left behind extensive notes documenting his plan to act out the video game.

Of course establishing effective school security programs or treatment for these sickos isn't considered. The only thing allowed is exploitation to advance gun grabbing.
20 children between the ages of 6 and 7 were shot to death that day. If Americans were truly concerned about gun violence that would have been the tipping point. Nothing was done about guns (our 2A right overrides any perceived right of innocent people to not get shot) , nothing was done about improving social services (not with my tax dollars, get a job, where's the family values).

We have collectively decided that this is an acceptable status quo.

20 children between the ages of 6 and 7 were shot to death that day. If Americans were truly concerned about gun violence that would have been the tipping point. Nothing was done about guns (our 2A right overrides any perceived right of innocent people to not get shot) , nothing was done about improving social services (not with my tax dollars, get a job, where's the family values).

Absolutely true.

Not the one where you are trying to pin crime on a race. I am sure there is a 4chan or some other site where people will help you blame race for crime.
Me? Youre the one trying to pin the crime on race, that's why asked you..

Lol the left really loves to spin don't they ?

Not the one where you are trying to pin crime on a race. I am sure there is a 4chan or some other site where people will help you blame race for crime.
It isn't race, it's culture.
But far wider, it isn't crime, it's poverty and the cultural mores that keep people in poverty that create the deep rifts along racial guides.

Those cultural mores need to change.

I still can't believe you posted this and then insult me saying I am the one who tried to pin the crime on

It is a hate problem. White people are far more likely for random violence but my point is violence as a whole. Pretending that minorities don't commit atrocities is just as bad as the maga morons excusing the racist shooters by trying to discuss gang shootings. Its not a black or white phenomenon - its an American problem.

It isn't race, it's culture.
But far wider, it isn't crime, it's poverty and the cultural mores that keep people in poverty that create the deep rifts along racial guides.

Those cultural mores need to change.
America definitely has a fascination with, attraction to, and obsession over firearms. Even more so than cars.

And the entertainment industry is a major promoter/beneficiary of this.

136 days, 198 mass shootings.

We clearly have a problem in our country and this is not anything new. I know most people will either dismiss these horrendous crimes or pretend that guns are the problem.

We are averaging more than once a day someone in this country decides to shoot multiple people. Hate, division, mental illness, lack of respect, lack of empathy, and isolation are continuing to grow. Sadly everything seems to indicate it is only going to continue to get worse.
This is the direct result of societal division brought about by the identity politics political strategy implemented by the political left. When you run around for over a decade and label anyone who doesn't agree with you as a racist, homophobe, bigot, etc... what exactly did you think would happen? Did you think this would make everyone join hands in some sort of love circle?

History has shown that falsely convincing one group that they are victims when they aren't, and falsely telling the other group they are evil oppressors when they are not, doesn't end well. Just look at how well that tactic worked during the 20th century in Germany, the Soviet Union, and China. Ten's of million ended up dead. Yet that is precisely what the political left in this country is engaging in.

Luckily there are still enough people in this country who see through this and thanks to the internet, have gotten their message out to enough people to keep our society from completely falling apart and erupting into violent ciaos... But how long will it last?

The right wants to deflect from white supremacy to gang related murders because they know that white supremacy has
It's roots in the far right and is becoming mainstream through the likes of Tucker Carlson and certain right wing po!iticians. They know recognizing and admitting it means addressing it and they don't want to address it so they defect to gangs which are predominately Black and Latino......its all connected.

To get to the 200 level this year with mass shootings, the mass shooting definition has been downgraded to 4+ injured or killed, which are overwhelmingly gang (Black) shootings.

This is the direct result of societal division brought about by the identity politics political strategy implemented by the political left. When you run around for over a decade and label anyone who doesn't agree with you as a racist, homophobe, bigot, etc... what exactly did you think would happen? Did you think this would make everyone join hands in some sort of love circle?

History has shown that falsely convincing one group that they are victims when they aren't, and falsely telling the other group they are evil oppressors when they are not, doesn't end well. Just look at how well that tactic worked during the 20th century in Germany, the Soviet Union, and China. Ten's of million ended up dead. Yet that is precisely what the political left in this country is engaging in.

Luckily there are still enough people in this country who see through this and thanks to the internet, have gotten their message out to enough people to keep our society from completely falling apart and erupting into violent ciaos... But how long will it last?

A simple "i've been brainwashed by the right" could have saved you a lot of time.

To get to the 200 level this year with mass shootings, the mass shooting definition has been downgraded to 4+ injured or killed, which are overwhelmingly gang (Black) shootings.
My point was, and is, that right will usually deflect to gang violence rather discuss mass shooting by angry white men. I know gang violence is a huge problems but so are mass shootings in schools, malls, theatres, grocery stores, concerts etc. They are different problems that require different solutions but many on the right only want to talk about one.

Oh but you are wrong, the tragedy was exploited as a platform to demand law abiding gun owners surrender their means of self defense. Never mind that measures like universal background checks wouldn't have prevented the slaughter, a crisis is a terrible thing to waste.

136 days, 198 mass shootings.

We clearly have a problem in our country and this is not anything new. I know most people will either dismiss these horrendous crimes or pretend that guns are the problem.

We are averaging more than once a day someone in this country decides to shoot multiple people. Hate, division, mental illness, lack of respect, lack of empathy, and isolation are continuing to grow. Sadly everything seems to indicate it is only going to continue to get worse.
It has nothing to do with guns!:poop:

Oh but you are wrong, the tragedy was exploited as a platform to demand law abiding gun owners surrender their means of self defense. Never mind that measures like universal background checks wouldn't have prevented the slaughter, a crisis is a terrible thing to waste.
Right...

Back
Top Bottom