• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's 19 weeks into the year and America has already seen 198 mass shootings

No wonder why I didn't bother it came from mother Jones.

Again give me a link in the past 60 years of a black guy going into a church or Walmart or school and shooting up the place killing 6 people and wounding 30 others?

I will wait for eternity because it is not a black phenomenon it is a white one.

It is a hate problem. White people are far more likely for random violence but my point is violence as a whole. Pretending that minorities don't commit atrocities is just as bad as the maga morons excusing the racist shooters by trying to discuss gang shootings. Its not a black or white phenomenon - its an American problem.

If there are this many mass shootings (and there are) and that is less than 1% of gun deaths that is more proof that the problem is even more out of control.

No, it doesn't because you don't have all the information.

Most firearm deaths are suicides, which shows we also have a mental health problem

You know what will help? making it as easy as possible for anybody to get a gun. Ahh, republican idiocy

It is a hate problem. White people are far more likely for random violence but my point is violence as a whole. Pretending that minorities don't commit atrocities is just as bad as the maga morons excusing the racist shooters by trying to discuss gang shootings. Its not a black or white phenomenon - its an American problem.

More violence how?

Are you thinking of by population you're correct white people commit more violence, but by percentage you're incorrect blacks and brown cause more violence.

You know what will help? making it as easy as possible for anybody to get a gun. Ahh, republican idiocy
The republicans helped pass the 1968 gun laws you're incorrect and not much can be done with the 2nd amendment abolishment it will never pass

we don't care. hell, who here even knew this wife/mom was gunned down by her husband two days ago?...

Lower Burrell police: Apollo man fatally shot wife at U-Haul facility after  accusing her of cheating | TribLIVE.com

Except that for the past 30 years or so we have seen liberalization of gun laws largely nationwide, an explosion in the number of guns owned by Americans, and the homicide rate has plumetted.

What an idiotic post. Joe Biden created mass shootings that have been going on for decades in America -- really?

I'm sure that if a meteor crashed into Memphis you'd blame Joe Biden.

The only thing relevant about your post is that it reveals, in full display, your partisan hackery.
All of that person's posts are idiotic. It behaves like a liberal-hating robot with no regard to the topic of any particular thread.

No wonder why I didn't bother it came from mother Jones.

Again give me a link in the past 60 years of a black guy going into a church or Walmart or school and shooting up the place killing 6 people and wounding 30 others?

I will wait for eternity because it is not a black phenomenon it is a white one.
🤣

Mother Jones is a very liberal site that was the first and longest running organization to track mass killings. If you bothered looking at the database you would see half of the last 30 mass killings in the US (mass killings as opposed to mass shootings) have been perpetrated by minorities. If you look at ALL mass killings tracked going back to 1982, you would again see approx half of all mass killings are perpetrated by minorities.

If you bothered to look at the link provided in the OP you would see that the extreme vast majority of all 'mass shootings' are perpetrated by majorities.

But then...you would have to be interested in the facts and not just the mindless stereotype and lie the anti-gun leftists have spoon fed you and that you have dutifully swallowed.

I bet you are the type that believes that cops kill dozens of unarmed black people every day too.

I'll bite. What's the answer?
Dont guess. Learn for yourself. The OP provided a link to all 198 shootings it cited.

Imo one big problem is a lack of interest in understanding the motives of the shooters. People are in too much of a rush to categorize them into a neat little group and move on.

As an example, this latest shooting in Buffalo. This guy wrote a 180pg manifesto and was taken alive. People are fast in dismissing this as a hate crime but I hear very little interest in understanding what caused the hate. That, imo, should be our goal. If we understand it perhaps we can diffuse it in the future.
What exactly would you like to know about why some white people hate all non-white people?

The shooter was very confused about politics, yet was filled with racist hate.
Thanks. When you need a translator, something is off.

Dont guess. Learn for yourself. The OP provided a link to all 198 shootings it cited.

And that link has exactly nothing to do with organized crime. I didn't ask you anyway, so let the rest of us try to have a productive conversation. Thanks!

I would like to know why. What is the reason they hate.
For the same reason this guy killed these people. Certain white people feel their privilege being threatened. They know that minorities who will soon compose the majority when combined won't allow white people to hoarde rights and dole them out to minorities like dog treats when they feel like it. They know that foreign languages will be heard more often in public and that the smells of ethnic foods will fill neighborhoods. They don't want to lose their unearned power, so they hate the people they think are taking it.

America going hard for its final season.

For the same reason this guy killed these people. Certain white people feel their privilege being threatened. They know that minorities who will soon compose the majority when combined won't allow white people to hoarde rights and dole them out to minorities like dog treats when they feel like it. They know that foreign languages will be heard more often in public and that the smells of ethnic foods will fill neighborhoods. They don't want to lose their unearned power, so they hate the people they think are taking it.
Perhaps all the hostility that's directed at them by people like yourself is the source of their uneasiness.

And that link has exactly nothing to do with organized crime. I didn't ask you anyway, so let the rest of us try to have a productive conversation. Thanks!
🤣

That link has EVERYTHING to do with EVERY of the 198 mass shootings cited...and that includes the GANG RELATED shootings you asked about but very obviously dont want to know about.

"productive"

🤣

The right wants to deflect from white supremacy to gang related murders because they know that white supremacy has
It's roots in the far right and is becoming mainstream through the likes of Tucker Carlson and certain right wing po!iticians. They know recognizing and admitting it means addressing it and they don't want to address it so they defect to gangs which are predominately Black and Latino......its all connected.

Perhaps all the hostility that's directed at them by people like yourself is the source of their uneasiness.
What hostility did I demonstrate?

What hostility did I demonstrate?
The Bolded parts

Your words come across as hostile towards whites.

It is truly sad. I actually thought after Sandy Hook something would happen. I don't know what, but something. It didn't. And now we hear these things and we aren't even as horrified as we should be.
Yep - if there was any doubt as to what Americans were collectively willing to accept vis-a-vis gun violence, Sandy Hook settled it beyond doubt. Largely unfettered access to firearms is more important than lives lost to gun violence. It is who we are. The only difference between Americans on this issue is whether one views that as a source of pride or shame.

In that specific case you are probably right. In general it’s more a switch from what’s (irreparably?) wrong with me (a suicidal motive) to what’s (irreparably?) wrong with them (a homicidal motive).

Back
Top Bottom