• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's 19 weeks into the year and America has already seen 198 mass shootings

Then it shouldn't be hard to get passed (The Democrats would have to be all on board so start there) because everyone I know WANTS that to happen. No responsible gun owner wants people with a history of mental illness to be able to purchase, or own, a gun.
People who have a history of mental illness are a minority of all people with a mental illness. And, unfortunately, a law regulating this would be meaningless. No one with mental illness would seek help and, thus, have a history of mental illness if they were predisposed to owning a gun. I don't think one mass shooter had a "history" of mental illness. Seems that the mental illness is only addressed after the murders, when it becomes evident. And, people with mental illness cannot be locked away for more than 72 hours if they are in court for a perceived problem unless it is proven that they are a danger to themselves or others.

This sedition/insurrection crap is getting old and the hearings have gone on so long over nothing that the lemmings have been completely gaslighted as usual that Trump planned some government takeover when all he did was question the results and explore a new slate of electors.
You forgot to add... "and did absolutely nothing for over three hours on Jan. 6, to stop the destructive rioting being carried out by his followers." But, then, that is something he DIDN'T do, not something he did do, Unfortunately it what he didn't do , even though he could have done it, was much, much worse than anything he did do.

There was a time in this country when mass shootings were rare. From 1900-1970 there were 28 mass shootings. Who knows how many after 1970?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shootings-in-america-a-historical-review/5355990

The interesting part of the pre-1970 mass shootings is they occurred at a time when there were basically no gun control laws outside of having to have a federal permit to own a machine gun. What does this tell me? That something terribly wrong has taken place in our society since 1970 where mass shootings went from a rarity to common. I think we’d be much better off doing a deep research into our society to find out where we, our society went wrong. To find the root causes and attempt to fix the causes.

Another interesting aspect of this is pre-1960 most mass shootings were familicides and felony related killings. Post-1960, most mass shootings have been done in public places against unknown and innocent bystanders. Why the change? Does anyone care? It doesn’t seem so to me.

The problem today is gun violence has become a hot political issue between those who want to ban guns and those who don’t. No one is interested in the cause or reasons behind these mass shootings. My two cents anyway.
I would suspect that if there was a sincere effort to find the root causes would reveal that it was and still is right-wing talk radio and then FOX and its progeny for making mentally unstable people angry is a root cause and all media for giving them notoriety when they do such horrendous acts is another cause.

So, you're only pro-life for ZEFs. Yeah, I know. That's the point. Breathing people can take a hike.
and.........?? This is a silly analogy. Who suggested you use it?

You forgot to add... "and did absolutely nothing for over three hours on Jan. 6, to stop the destructive rioting being carried out by his followers." But, then, that is something he DIDN'T do, not something he did do, Unfortunately it what he didn't do , even though he could have done it, was much, much worse than anything he did do.
He should have done what? Oh, WAIT. "Go home in peace"

PS. The three hours is made up meaningless BS

He should have done what? Oh, WAIT. "Go home in peace"

PS. The three hours is made up meaningless BS
Correct. It was three hours and seven minutes
From the start of the peaceful demonstration?

WHERE do you folks get this stuff from?

Fess up. Angel Cammarata? Don Lemon? Jake Tapper?

This surpasses gaslighting....this constant barrage of made-up claims. There should be a law against it.

Only 198? Clearly Americans aren't trying hard enough.

We need teachers with Glocks, Starbucks cashiers with AR-15s and junior high schoolers with the new gateway drug, a JR-15. We mustn't rest until it's Dodge City out there.

People who have a history of mental illness are a minority of all people with a mental illness. And, unfortunately, a law regulating this would be meaningless. No one with mental illness would seek help and, thus, have a history of mental illness if they were predisposed to owning a gun. I don't think one mass shooter had a "history" of mental illness. Seems that the mental illness is only addressed after the murders, when it becomes evident. And, people with mental illness cannot be locked away for more than 72 hours if they are in court for a perceived problem unless it is proven that they are a danger to themselves or others.
Almost all of them had a 'history' of mental illness, as they posted it online, talked to friends or parent's or otherwise red flag issues were typically known before the mass shooting took place (for the very large majority of them)

Where are these shootings taking place? Why aren't the local authorities handling it?

Do you disagree with anything I said? If so, state your case and not go off on a tangent.

Back
Top Bottom