• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Italy to ban Moscow -flagged ships from entering its ports from April 17. The ban also applies to ships that have changed flags after 24 February.

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

About time, Viva Italia well done! Luckily siberia is great place for vineyards, wait, it isn't?

Viva Italia well done!

Strange of the Salvini government to take such a strong stance...

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2b0da3b4-aef8-11e9-b657-11944f524f2a.jpg

how old is this picture ? the world hates Moscow todya

Many of Putin‘s friends in the west are still there doing their bit.

Farage is still arguing against supporting Ukraine, marine Le Pen does not want to cut France’s gas supplies from Russia and then Orban, being the most open in his support actually got congratulated on his election win by Putin. I want to see the Italian Northern League actively criticising Russian action before I believe that they have really changed.

Many of Putin‘s friends in the west are still there doing their bit.

Farage is still arguing against supporting Ukraine, marine Le Pen does not want to cut France’s gas supplies from Russia and then Orban, being the most open in his support actually got congratulated on his election win by Putin. I want to see the Italian Northern League actively criticising Russian action before I believe that they have really changed.
Italy is as opposed to banning fossil imports from Russia as are all the others that heavily depend on it. That would include Austria and, of course, Germany still.

On a side note, Poland having banned Russian fossils should be seen in the light of her expecting the rest of the EU to compensate her needs in the energy field.

Placing economic interests above political prudence (and for decades at that) was one of the biggest mistakes that many Europeans could have made.

Just to demonstrate a feature of EU solidarity, Spain is at odds with France over the latter not fulfilling its part of a pipeline deal that would transit N. African gas thru France and to other Europeans. With Spain getting most of its fossils from Algeria it is abrim with LNG-terminals that others so desperately lack and will take years to build.

But France so far thwarted any such line of transportation in obedience to its energy giant EdF. Le Pen is incidentally playing a similar flute by opposing any substantial change to "green".

F*** the whole lot of 'em.

Back
Top Bottom